Snikrot
TheRealNerdyBoy

Tf2 is superior to CoD

Started: 6/12/2014 Category: Games

Snikrot

Pro

In this debate I will be taking the place on the affirmative team. In my opinion, and soon to be yours, Tf2, or team fortress 2 to say by its full name is superior to call of duty.

My first topic is the price. Team Fortress 2 is free, however for players who like to feel they are supporting the creators there are many micro purchases in game which greatly enhance your game and respect around the Tf2 community, however these are by no means necessary for a good game, but with CoD you need to buy a new game almost every year, plus DLC.Many paid Tf2 players complain about free to plays. However there are 'Paid only' servers for people with these issues. CoD would not be overpriced if they were not so similar to each other and we're released so frequently.

That is all for my first argument.
TheRealNerdyBoy

Con

In my defense of the Call of Duty series, Team Fortress may be free, but it has a lot less weapon choices. I own both games, and I know from experience. In Call of Duty Ghosts, when in the multiplayer, you have access to over 50 different weapons, not including killstreaks. In the game Team Fortress 2, you start out with 3 weapons for each class (except medic and spy, who have 6 and 4 respectively) averaging around 20-30 weapons. You may mention the fact that you can get weapons in game, but you either have to buy them in microtransactions, rarely find one in battle, or find them in crates that require a key that costs real money. Another advantage over Team Fortress is the offline multiplayer. For those without Internet, Team Fortress 2 is a waste of space and you have no point in downloading it due to the lack of offline multiplayer. In the majority of the Call of Duty games, offline multiplayer is allowed, and very enjoyable. In my third and final point Call of Duty has split screen multiplayer, a feature Team Fortress 2 lacks. For those who want to enjoy a game with a friend, Call o Duty provides an easier alternative than playing online, and I personally enjoy experiences next to someone on the couch than online. And to counter your first argument, Team Fortress is only free on PC, and for those who want to play the game on the Xbox 360, it will cost money. On the other hand, the Call of Duty series is more widely available, and is available for more platforms.
Snikrot

Pro

Though I accept that CoD has offline multiplayer and that this is a very good point, team fortress 2 does have many more weapons, despite the fact you sometimes have to pay, I argue that you find them in battle more than you say, for example, provided you play 1 hour per day, 7 days a week, you will average about 10 weapons, to a varying degree. I also argue that having a different weapon is more meaningful in tf2, for example, in CoD, all LMG's serve the same purpose, area denial and cover fire, however tf2's equivalent, the minigun is far more versatile, with variants specialising in defence (the brass beast), offence (the tomislav) all purpose (minigun) and support (Natasha). You can even completely changing the class, making snipers into spy killing machines using jarate and the bushwacka, turning medics to assassins picking of the injured using the solemn vow and crusaders crossbow, soldiers can become merciless shock troops, literally squashing snipers, medics and engineers, oh and who could forget the mighty demoknight.

I would also like to point out the community, tf2's community is relatively mature, always say gg, and aren't plagued by brain dead fanboys. The only time I played CoD online was MW2, and after an hour I turned off my sound and the next day I sold the game.
TheRealNerdyBoy

Con

I would like to say that in your argument, you said Team Fortress 2 vs The Call of Duty series, and in all of the Call of Duty games there are hundreds of weapons that have been added an taken out over time, providing many more weapons than Team Fortress 2. And Team Fortress 2 is not the only series with DLC, as many weapons are released for Call of Duty over DLC. I would also like to say Team Fortress has just as much a fair share of immature players as Call of Duty does, also from experience, and due to the game's overall more childish playstyle and graphics. Call of Duty also has its own charity, found here http://www.callofdutyendowment.org... where players can donate to help veterans get jobs, which is a mature and very nice thing in my opinion. Another point I bring up is the large variety of game modes in the Call of Duty series, including the very popular Zombies mode. While Team Fortress 2 is limited to only 7-8 modes, Call of Duty features around 20, not including campaign. Which brings up another point, Call of Duty has a story driven campaign, which provides even more entertainment with an excellent story written by expert writers. I await my opponent's response.
Snikrot

Pro

Snikrot forfeited this round.
TheRealNerdyBoy

Con

TheRealNerdyBoy forfeited this round.
Posted by TheRealNerdyBoy 2 years ago
TheRealNerdyBoy
Hey, I won't be here all this week, Iam off for summer camp, wont be able to place my last argument.
Posted by TheRealNerdyBoy 2 years ago
TheRealNerdyBoy
Better storyline than Team Fortress 2
Posted by Ja50n 2 years ago
Ja50n
Call of Duty franchise.... good story lines.... those two things are like opposite ends of the spectrum. (black ops 2 story line barely passed as entertaining)
Posted by TheRealNerdyBoy 2 years ago
TheRealNerdyBoy
From what I have heard from everyone who has played it, even Gameinformer, Ride to Hell sucks.
Posted by iOS 2 years ago
iOS
Ride to Hell: Retribution is superior to any CoD game after 4.
Posted by patrick967 2 years ago
patrick967
I completely agree.