Bublifuk
iwillannoyyo

Thanks to social networking, there is no face-to-face interaction

Bublifuk

Pro

Hello,
Contemporary problem of youth. I am glad I can bring this topic here.

Rules
1) I am leaving at 14.7. So my last argument has to be done by 13.7
2) Semantics allowed
3) Pro says that there is no FtF interaction. Con stay against
4) 5 rounds*
1. confirmation
2. Each side brings his own arguments
3. Rebuttals
4. Rebuttals
5. Rebuttals/End arguments
5)48 hours time to argue
6) 8000 characters
7)Winner is determined by quality, development of arguments and forming of arguments, semantic etc.¨

*If this purpose doesn't fit to my opponent We can alternatively change it.

I hope everything has been said. I am looking forward to determined opponent.
Thank you very much
Bublifuk
iwillannoyyo

Con

I am assuming that you mean less face-to-face interaction and not none at all. Otherwise, I accept the resolution and I'm sure I'll have a great time in this debate!
Bublifuk

Pro

Hello.
I am pretty angry now because I'd written already 5 000 characters of my arguments and while I was browsing it my browser went down and my arguments weren't saved. So I'll sum it up shortly, because I am sort of angry of that!

Thanks again for accepting my debate. I hope there won't be any problems with "no" and "less" interaction. We have decided to change it to "less" f2f interaction.

Arguments:

1) More time
When people met each other somewhere. They travel to their meeting and they travel from their meeting. Also they have to pay fare. This things consume time or money. While they are traveling, people on computers discuss on Fb (abbreviation of Facebook). Moreover, they can talk to more people than just that right one. They can feel more comfortable at home more than people somewhere in the centre of city or worse in subway. They have everything what they need. Because f2f meetings are problematic due to travel, fare comfortable people prefer interaction on Internet.

2) New friends
Social networks let people meet more and more people. When you were acquainted with some nice girl through mutual friend. It's easy to find her on Fb and talk to her. Adding her on Facebook encourage to talk more and more to her via chat. Maybe there will be some final appointment but the chat will predominate. Hence people sometimes prefer acquaintance via Fb than normal way online interaction is growing.

3) Scheduling
One of the point which I prefer is easy scheduling through facebook. It is hard to schedule something at evening without Internet or Phone even harder with f2f interaction. Is easy to create facebook group and invite certain people to come. Other way they can contact them on chat. This way is much easier then to let particular people know by mutual friends or come to them by car or bus. Because of the scheduling

4) Fear of communication
As we all know we are not same people. Someone is afraid of spiders and some is shy when he speaks in public or to very important person[1] because of gestures, stammering and caring of oneself outfit and so on. It doesn't matter on Fb or in Internet at all. This connects to point 2. People choose facebook to dispose of shyness. And they leave the effort to break shyness on public. Thus people more and more tend to Social networks to avoid shy f2f interactions are declining.

5) convenient and more relax
The most important point why people are sitting behind computer and chatting is because they don't want to bother to travel somewhere and pay for it. Furthermore, they can watch TV while they are chatting or lying in bed. Many times it touches young people who our prohibited to go away or talk to particular people which they do. Over 350 million people are addicted to facebook which actually stops them to f2f communication [2]. Because people are addicted or just lazy to travel to appointments social networks are more and more popular.

Conclusion:

Nowadays the number of people addicted to social network is rising. In consequence of this people neglect f2f meeting. It seems it goes in accordance with evolution. Sorry for short answer I got angry when my argument was deleted.

Looking forward to opponents answer.
Remember I am going to leave at 14.7 please.
Bublifuk

[1]http://www.changethatsrightnow.com...
[2]http://sickfacebook.com...
iwillannoyyo

Con

iwillannoyyo forfeited this round.
Bublifuk

Pro

I am sad that I had to cancel this debate because my opponent is not answering. But as far I said: I am leaving at 14.7 and because my opponent didn't answer I suggest to cancel this debate.
iwillannoyyo

Con

iwillannoyyo forfeited this round.
Bublifuk

Pro

Bublifuk forfeited this round.
iwillannoyyo

Con

iwillannoyyo forfeited this round.
Bublifuk

Pro

Bublifuk forfeited this round.
iwillannoyyo

Con

iwillannoyyo forfeited this round.
Posted by poppilover 4 years ago
poppilover
Nice topic! I dont think it totally wipes out face to face but it definitely effects the time spent with it.
Posted by TUF 4 years ago
TUF
I am thinking about noob sniping this.
Posted by MouthWash 4 years ago
MouthWash
You should really change it to say "less." You apparently allowed semantics, which would allow anyone to argue the same way ADT_Clone did.
Posted by Bublifuk 4 years ago
Bublifuk
I meant "less". Of course there it is. For instance when you go to buy computer to be on social network again.

What is your suggestion to change it in order to make it more clear?
Posted by ADT_Clone 4 years ago
ADT_Clone
Well this is a nice and simple debate, I went and talked to my family today over a lunch. That constitutes face-to-face interaction, therefore contradicts your assertion.
Vote Placed by 1dustpelt 4 years ago
1dustpelt
BublifukiwillannoyyoTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro should have won but cancelled the debate