loveacetw
actionguy777

That should minecraft servers be systematized like a society?

actionguy777
Started: 7/19/2015 Category: Economics

loveacetw

Pro

Ladies and gentleman,as we know,the game Minecraft enable players to build their own constructions out of textured cubes in a 3-Dimensional procedurally generated world. Other activities in the game include exploration, resource gathering, crafting, and combat.These things I mentioned above,are the basics of Minecraft.
In the multiplayer servers,every player in-game shares the same world.Unlike the singleplayer world,the players need to suffer their consequences playing with others.For example, PVPing will cause damage,inventory dropping,conflicts on their lands.
When a server without being systematized,what would happen?Conflicts,bullying,sadness...
Being systematized.First,those disadventages I mentioned will be prevented.
-The players who bully others will be temporallly banned or put in jail.
-The players who are hackusage,cheating in game will of course being permanently banned.
Second,the [Moderator] or [Helper] in-game can help to solve the conflicts between players.
Everyone in game deserve freedom,fairness like what they have in the reality.
being systematized like a society provide freedom to the player,provide fairness,provide a better gaming environment.
Thirdly,the quality of players will be increase as the bad players will be banned and good players are promoted to different jobs.
Therefore,why don't a minecraft server be systematized?
Should minecraft server fall back to the singleplayer's time that players can build whatever they want and don't need to suffer any consequence?
Should player form a society in-game?
Thats all my speech,I will end up here.
Thanks for reading my argument.
actionguy777

Con

Minecraft is indeed quite a game. Hundreds, possibly thousands of multiplayer servers, ranging from a small clique to huge amounts of players. Systematizing them is a bad idea for these reasons:

1) Shouldn't players be free to do what they want on a server, without having to worry about getting banned, kicked, or put in jail? Being able to do anything is what Minecraft is all about.
2) Shouldn't the servers decide what is best? If every server was systematized, wouldn't that make them a bit boring?
3) There are always those who can get past it. People who might be close to the owner, someone whose hacks are practically invisible, and etc. Not everyone can be caught.
4) What about false detainment? I was once banned from a server for hacking kill aura when all I was doing was defending myself in-game. Even worse, some servers who could falsely ban people might not have forums where people could appeal those bans. Also take into consideration possible corrupt staff members, who might try to ban without reason or give a ban that exceeds what should've happened.

That is all I have to say for now.
loveacetw

Pro

loveacetw forfeited this round.
actionguy777

Con

A forfeit eh? Well then, that won't get you very many points by the voters...

Let's go into a bit more depth with some of my arguments.
Minecraft's whole premise is that people can do whatever they want, wherever they want. Some people are builders, others are fighters, there are griefers, explorers, EVERYTHING. Why should people be penalized in game for being who they are? Some people really do want to watch the world burn. And in Minecraft that's okay.

Not every server should be a society. A lot of them are just to build and do what you want. Sure, some servers do have punishments, but that is their choice. No server should be forced to systematize.

That's all I have to say, back to Pro
loveacetw

Pro

loveacetw forfeited this round.
actionguy777

Con

It seems as if my opponent has forgotten about this debate or just does not care. Now, I will go into more depth with my other two arguments.

Just like real-life, the law enforcement can't catch everyone. A mod can be able to check logs to find who griefed something, but someone using hacks may never be caught if they are careful enough about it. Even places with strict rules can't have the mods moderate everything at all times. There are always things that can slip past the radar.

Also like real-life, what about false detainment? As I said before, I was once perma-banned from a server for supposedly hacking kill aura (Which is when you attack anyone within a certain area.) The mod who banned me, also the owner of the server, was using a faulty hack detector. I could've been banned permanently from that great server if not for ban appeals and support of others. Falsely accusing and banning someone is always a problem. it can happen at any time. It could be even worse if the said server doesn't have forums where you can appeal your ban.

That's all I have to say, back to Pro.
loveacetw

Pro

loveacetw forfeited this round.
actionguy777

Con

Rebuttal:

-Conflicts, bullying and sadness are all a part of life. A player will have to experience it eventually. What better way to get exposed to all these things than an imaginary cyber world where none of it really matters?
-As I have said before, you can't always trust that hackers and bullies will be put in jail. Remember, some people can get past the system. Other people might be falsely accused.
-Everyone does indeed deserve freedom and fairness, but banning people can prevent that freedom. Remember, things that happen in Minecraft don't affect real life that much. Why can't people be allowed to be who they are?
-Imagine this situation: A bad guy wants to damage a minecraft server. He realizes that all the good people are promoted to being more powerful in-game. All he has to do is ACT good until he gets to a high position. Then he can wreak havoc, ban people destroy the server. Systematizing a server could cause more people like that to come about.

That's all the rebuttal I have, back to Pro for closing remarks.
loveacetw

Pro

loveacetw forfeited this round.
actionguy777

Con

Final Remarks:

-Pro has failed to prove that Minecraft servers should be systematized like a society.
-Previous arguments by Con have shown that Minecraft servers shouldn't always be systematized.

The Burden Of Proof was on Pro to prove that Minecraft servers should be systematized, and this was not successful. Therefore, Pro should not win the debate.
Posted by actionguy777 1 year ago
actionguy777
Am I really going to have to wait for every round here?
Vote Placed by Midnight1131 1 year ago
Midnight1131
loveacetwactionguy777Tied