MatthewOdea
Jamesgreenup

That video games should have a censorship

MatthewOdea

Pro

Ladies and Gentlemen, the minds of children are being corrupted even as we speak by violent video games which are giving them false ideas about what is right, possibly even making them violent and leaving mental scars on their brain. This evening, i define video games, as games played on a console specifically for entertainment and censorship as removing all inappropriate things. My main points are; that video games give false ideas about what is right in society, they can make children violent and they will leave mental scars.
Jamesgreenup

Con

I have decided to accept this challenge and I have agreed to the terms and conditions. Let my just explain the debate, My opponent is arguing for the status quo, that video games get censored in certain parts, that part if the definition i agree with however I believe that the topic is also talking about putting a classification on games for example MA15+ and R18+.

The opposition has said "the minds of children are being corrupted even as we speak by violent video games" however I will state in my substantive that the parents of this generation for the better or the worst are extremely protective.
My opponent also said "I define video games as games played on a console specifically" however this would be excluding the computer games, i would like to define it as an interactive game played on consoles or computers. I mention this because at the moment many games go unclassified on the computer. In Australia a game going unclassified means it cannot be sold, i ask the readers, how is banning these games allowing free speech and it is a fact that video games are protected by the right of free speech.
I now give the floor to my opponent to start round two. Good luck
MatthewOdea

Pro

MatthewOdea forfeited this round.
Jamesgreenup

Con

Jamesgreenup forfeited this round.
MatthewOdea

Pro

MatthewOdea forfeited this round.
Jamesgreenup

Con

Jamesgreenup forfeited this round.
Posted by Jordan_Kostav 1 year ago
Jordan_Kostav
yes. i feel you have the right idea, Twiggy223. But ESRB should have more age categories, letting parents have a better idea of what is in a game, further helping parents decide what is best to allow, and/or disallow their child(ren) from playing.
Posted by Twiggy223 1 year ago
Twiggy223
I would like to first state my position defending the Cons point of view. One comment that really stuck out was about the parental control. Each game is rated just like movies. With movies, they range from G, PG, PG-13, R, etc. With games, they range from E, T, M, A, RP.(Everyone, Teen, Mature, Rating Pending). Parents have the control on whether to buy any game above Teens. If parents don't want their child to play those games, then they have the option to say no and not buy them. Video games do not have a censorship because they are rated to let the parent know what they will be expecting. If parents are okay with exposing their child to that, than that is their own problem. Thank you for listening to my contribution. please comment with your thoughts!