billbobjoesmithjr23
xxdarkxx

That wearing hats and chewing gum should be legal in school

xxdarkxx

billbobjoesmithjr23

Pro

In my school it is illegal to wear hats and chew gum it think they should change it because it is really gay that we cant
xxdarkxx

Con

I thank my opponent for starting this debate and wish you the best of luck.

In schools student are meant to be in a learning environment. The wearing of hats and the chewing of gum not only disrupts this learning environment but makes learning very difficult for some people. Many people that chew gum simply dont chew it. They will snap and pop it constantly driving anyone around them crazy. This creates an environment in which if a teacher was trying to get a lesson across many student would be distracted by the snapping of gum.

On the subject of wearing hats in school it is highly reasonable to ban wearing hats. Hats can not only make hiding headphones an easier job but also the bill can be used to hide someone's eyes in the case of either 1) cheating or 2) being high. Both of which are something that schools try very hard to prevent.

----------
Rebuttal
----------

My opponent states: "because it is really gay that we cant" however this directly counteracts the point that you are trying to back. Gay is by definition: happily excited [1] or the sorts, however my opponent is PRO therefore he is for wearing hats and chewing gum so the banning of hats can not be gay to him. My opponent will likely take to point that he was referring to the homosexual definition of the word. However how can banning the wearing of hats and the chewing of gum be homosexual. Homosexual is defined as: of, relating to, or characterized by a tendency to direct sexual desire toward another of the same sex. I ask how banning something can be a sexual desire towards the same sex.

[1]http://www.merriam-webster.com...
[2]http://www.merriam-webster.com...
billbobjoesmithjr23

Pro

Ok first off dont start changing my words around ok it pisses me off. first of all there are very little people who snapp their gum and hats are awsome to wear because lets say you get a bad hair cut and you try to wear a hat but you cant how would you feel exactly. and gum is proven to relieve stress if your are taking a test. And when i said gay i meant really stupid. And why dont you go outside for a change instead answering debates all the time
xxdarkxx

Con

In PRO's first sentence he states: "Ok first off dont start changing my words around" however I have done no changing of words around, I have taken PRO's words and took them for exactly what they stand for. I have provided definitions that directly show this.

My opponent also states: "first of all there are very little people who snap their gum", however PRO has provided no evidence that this is true. Where as on this page [1] you see that there are actually quite a few examples of people that snap their gum.

My opponent also makes the point that: "hats are awesome to wear" I will not deny this. There is nothing wrong with wearing hats, however this not only does not provide and strong backing to PRO's point but does nothing to rebut the points I made of hats being able to hide people's eyes and possibly even headphones depending on the hat. School is an environment that is meant to be used for learning. It is not a location used for public expression of beliefs or ideals and that like. Whether wearing a hat is awesome or not should not effect whether or not you can wear them in school.

My opponent also states: "And when i said gay i meant really stupid.". However even when you use the definition of "really stupid" you are in fact insulting a part of society. Many people that are gay would take ill towards your remark of gay meaning really stupid. Secondly my definition's from the first round still stand as there is no definition for the word gay of "really stupid"

Finally my opponent made the statement that CON should: "go outside for a change instead answering debates all the time". However in all sense i go outside very often. For example:
1)I played tennis on Monday (korashk[2] can be a reference to this)
2)Last fall i was number 2 singles (second best on the team) on my school's varsity tennis team. (again korask can reference this)
3)Up until freshman year i had played baseball for 8 years.
4)I am an avid biker and will be competing in a duathlon this summer.
5)I own a Honda 520 quad which is used quite frequently
Also I have really not accepted all that many debates. I have been on the sight for 4 months and have only completed 6 debates. There are far more people that have accepted more. Once again korashk can be used as a reference for this. as he has been on the sight for the same amount of time and has completed 35 debates. Next time you blatantly attack someone in one of your points be sure you can back it up.

[1] http://tinyurl.com...
[2]http://tinyurl.com...
billbobjoesmithjr23

Pro

billbobjoesmithjr23 forfeited this round.
xxdarkxx

Con

That is unfortunate, extend my arguments.
billbobjoesmithjr23

Pro

xxdarkxx

Con

Unfortunately PRO never really posted a rebuttal.
I extend my arguments, and strongly urge a CON vote.
Posted by lovelife 6 years ago
lovelife
Wow this debate was really gay. *vote con*
Posted by xxdarkxx 6 years ago
xxdarkxx
lol yeah but no i believe i beat you one or two times but in all reality you should have been first cuz after i beat nathan the first time i sandbagged the second match
Posted by Korashk 6 years ago
Korashk
I love how you are using me to prove your points. You were only second singles because I sandbagged. You know for a fact that I beat you every time outside of the ranked matches.
Posted by True2GaGa 6 years ago
True2GaGa
It's really gay?

Omg
Fo reals?
Posted by wjmelements 6 years ago
wjmelements
It's in my quotes on my profile, but I asked a teacher once why we couldn't wear hats in school. Her reply was, "because it's against the rules."
Vote Placed by twin 6 years ago
twin
billbobjoesmithjr23xxdarkxxTied
Vote Placed by Steelerman6794 6 years ago
Steelerman6794
billbobjoesmithjr23xxdarkxxTied
Vote Placed by Korashk 6 years ago
Korashk
billbobjoesmithjr23xxdarkxxTied