NDECD1441
HellishPanda

Thbt Percy Jackson is better than Harry Potter.

NDECD1441 has forfeited round #3.

NDECD1441

Pro

Hello HellishPanda. I saw you were pretty interested in these type of debates so I have decided to challenge you to one. This debate will be split into 4 rounds. The first one is for acceptance, the second round is who has the better personality, the third round would be for both rebuttals and who has the better equipment and the final round will include rebuttals and will determine who will win in a fight and overall, who is the better hero.
HellishPanda

Con

I accept and shall be arguing that the Harry Potter series are better than the Percy Jackson series based upon the topics that my opponent stated in round 1.
NDECD1441

Pro

Thank you for accepting this debate HellishPanda and I will be arguing for Percy Jackson to be the better series compared to Harry Potter. As mentioned, I will begin by stating how Percy have a better personality. I have two points, each referring to the partners Percy and Annabeth. Let's begin with the first point.

Point one (Percy):
It has been discovered in the final book of the first series, The Last Olympian, that Percy's fatal flaw is none other than loyalty, which actually means he puts his friends before himself. While that may get him killed, you may see the Percy has never died once in all the three series, (Percy Jackson the series, Blood of Olympus, Trials of Apollo) while Harry himself, has technically died. This shows that while Percy has a huge amount of loyalty in him, he is also capable enough to keep him alive. This makes him an incredible hero and his loyalty and ablity to get a girlfriend in only 5 years (for SUMMER only) actually shows Percy has a true legend's personality.

Point two (Annabeth):
Much like Hermione, Annabeth knows a lot about a lot in her world. However the one thing that seperates them is that Annabeth ALWAYS has a plan. Annabeth had been treated like a demon as a kid and eventually ran away from home at the age of seven. She then fought monsters under the guidance of her mom, Athena, for a few months with ONLY a mortal hammer. The excellent part about this part are the words "Mortal hammer" and "A few months". EVEN with the guidance of Athena, to fight a monster with a HAMMER would be VERY difficult. Even with the help of Hermes and Athena, you may remember Perseus almost avoided a narrow death with the other two Gorgons (sisters of Medusa) and had a nervous breakdown. Hercules took more than three days with the guidance of Athena and a gift to get rid of the Stymalitian birds. This shows Annabeth is really courageous in addition to being really knowledgable showing that she is a true example of a very sucessful entrupreneur.

Overall, I have proved to you how Percy is good enough to save his friends AND the world no matter what and Annabeth as a worth demigod capable of handling anything and deserves to redesign Olympus.
HellishPanda

Con

Noble

He turned back to Harry. "You'll soon find out some wizarding families are much better than others, Potter. You don't want to go making friends with the wrong sort. I can help you there."
He held out his hand to shake Harry's, but Harry didn't take it.
"I think I can tell who the wrong sort are for myself, thanks," he said coolly.
~ Chapter 6:Book 1

Right from the start you can see that Harry is noble and cares dearly for his friends. He stood up instantly for Ron when Draco Malfoy talks badly about his family. He even declines Draco's offer for friendship to stick with Ron even though he's only met Ron. Throughout the firet year, Harry constantly is looking out for the well being of others.
Ex. Harry gets Neville's remembrall back from Malfoy, Harry remembers that Hermione is still in the girls bathroom when the troll is loose in the school
One of the more notable times when Harry's good nature shone through was in book seven when he, Ron, Hermione are trapped in the Room of Requirement with Draco and Goyle (Crabbe is already dead) and fiendfyre is destroying the room. Harry, Ron and Hermione find brooms to escape but Harry remembers that Draco and Goyle are still in the room so he rescues them. Remember that Draco and Goyle were the biggest bullies in the school to Harry throughout all his years at Hogwarts. Yet Harry does what's right no matter what.
Ex. Harry helps Cedric in the maze and doesn't leave him behind.

Courage

"Hmm," said a small voice in his ear. "Difficult. Very difficult. Plenty of courage, I see. Not a bad mind either. There's talent, oh my goodness, yes -- and a nice thirst to prove yourself, now that's interesting.... So where shall I put you?" ~ Chapter 7:Book 1

Harry is sorted into Gryffindor. Gryffindor is known for their bravery and chivalry which sets them apart from other houses. Since the hat can see Harry's traits, it proves that Harry, even at such a young age, is courageous and chivalrous. Harry risks everything, even his life to go stop the Sorcerer's stone from being stolen. In his second year he is 13 years old and he kills a basilisk while "blind" (cause he can't open his eyes) with only the Sorting Hat and sword of Gryffindor, having had no previous skill in swordsmanship (a much better feat than probably any of Percy's or Annabeths when they were that young). I'd say that's pretty brave. To top that off, Harry competes in a tournament in year four, completely underage and without the knowledge that the usual contestants would have on magic, yet he wins. To add onto that, Harry faces death and sacrifices himself to kill Voldemort in the final book. That is what some people would say is the ultimate sacrifice, to die for ones friends. This proves that Harry was beyond brave.

Others
There are many other traits that Harry possesses, like selflessness (dying for his friends), love (he fights off Voldemort possessing him by showing him the love he has for his friends in book 5), strength (he fights off hundreds of dementors which is a feat that most wizards or witches can't even do), intelligence (he figures out where the last horicruxes are which is something even Dumbledore couldn't do without his help).

Plus he got a girlfriend at the end of the series. This seems a lot more realistic than PJO's couples who literally are just couples within a very small time slot which is very unbelievable that they would last long.
Posted by NDECD1441 10 months ago
NDECD1441
Sorry I couldnt make this. Some bug made my entire thing dissappear and I ran out of battery and.... yeah