Vortex-Blue123
sanchitmisra1

The 10th Doctor is better then the 11th.

sanchitmisra1
Started: 5/12/2015 Category: TV

Vortex-Blue123

Pro

Most of the debates I do are more serious I thought I might do a more light-hearted one.

You have to try and convince those viewing the debate the 11th Doctor is better while I am trying to convince all the 10th is.

This one is meant for a bit of fun. No personal attacks please.

Round 1 is acceptance then round 2 it begins.

Thanks for joining and good luck.
sanchitmisra1

Con

I don't accept that The 10th Doctor is better than the 11th.

There are two perspectives in which we can see this debate.

First, is that every 10th batch of doctors that is trained, may be in any Medical School is better than the 11th batch that comes up.

So, for that I have to say that Every next generation or batches that are coming up of Doctors are better than the previous ones, As they are equipped with better state of art technologies and more accurate techniques than the previous ones.
So although the 10th batch is senior to them, but they are not equipped with as latest techniques as 11th batch.

Second perspective of this debate can be in the sense of How many doctors we visit for consultation, when we are having any disease or are in need of a complex treatment.

So, according to me Its always better to take as many consultations we can.
Every next doctor can give a better piece of advice than the last one, & even if he don't give You have the last piece of advice in your hand.
So if you visit the 11th Doctor after the 10th one, you are with better options of which line of treatment is best for you.

Here, I rest my case with the Conclusion that The 11th Doctor is better than the 10th.

Thank You!
Vortex-Blue123

Pro

Vortex-Blue123 forfeited this round.
sanchitmisra1

Con

Pro forfeited.
Vortex-Blue123

Pro

Vortex-Blue123 forfeited this round.
sanchitmisra1

Con

Pro forfeited again.
Vote Con.
Vortex-Blue123

Pro

I would like to thank con for taking this debate but due to my lack of explanation they did not understand that by 'Doctor' is was intended to be the protagonist in the science-fiction show Doctor Who. That is why it is filed in the television section and Doctor was spelt with a capital D.

I take full fault for this misinterpretation and apologise. I will be clearer in the future.

I had felt that this debate was better for me not to get in any longer but I thank you for your time and apologise for the inconvenience.
sanchitmisra1

Con

The apology of Pro for not making the title as clear as it should be is accepted. A title with lack of details can readily misguide the direction of discussion.

I want to remind Pro of the fact that there are in-numerous Television shows going on around the world. There are even the Television Consultation shows in which Doctors are called everyday to discuss on some serious health issues around the globe like The Dr. Oz Show, a daily television program focusing on medical issues and personal health, launched by Winfrey's Harpo Productions and Sony Pictures in 2009.

The interpretation of the debate was taken in this manner that the 10th doctor who was called in the show was better than the 11th one, And I stood against the topic and spoke as Con that I believe it's always better that we consult with maximum good and trustworthy doctors possible, as the next physician we are consulting could give a better piece of advice than the last one. And even if he doesn't give better advice, we have the piece of advice of the previous one in our hand, already.

I believe that once the debate was started, it would have been better if it was taken further, such that we can come to a good conclusion for the betterment of the society and the world.

As the Pro hasn't taken the debate further and gave no wise argument as how can someone consider by his statement, "That is why it is filed in the television section and Doctor was spelt with a capital D." That it is a "Doctor Who" show And Not what I considered it to be as, "One of the leading Television Health Shows calling Doctors on regular basis for Consulting on the Health and Medical Issues of Concern Around the globe." Hence, the argument made by Pro is unsuitable and inappropriate.

So, I would like to make my argument that the Information given in the Debate by the Instigator or Pro that it is in the Television Category and the Capital D is being used because it is dealing specifically with the Doctors, was enough to make me interpret it in the way that who the better Doctor could be to Consult in the leading Television Health Shows, the 10th Doctor or the 11th Doctor who came as the Panellist in the show.

And I conclude that if we consult the 11th Doctor after the 10th one, we are equipped with better options for opting which line of treatment is best for us.

Here, I rest my case with the Conclusion that "The 11th Doctor is better than the 10th".

Thanking you all!

Vote Con!
Posted by tejretics 1 year ago
tejretics
Beautiful kritik, Con!
Posted by Vortex-Blue123 1 year ago
Vortex-Blue123
Con, you do understand by Doctor I mean the protagonist in the science-fiction television show Doctor Who? That is why it's filed in the television section and Doctor is started with a capital?
Posted by sanchitmisra1 1 year ago
sanchitmisra1
@ The Voice of Truth

Really happy for your comment

Are you asking me to reinstate the debate on Ayurvedic Medicine that I started?
Posted by The-Voice-of-Truth 1 year ago
The-Voice-of-Truth
Con, i was gonna accept your other debate. Please reinstate it.
Posted by EmilyMemmi 1 year ago
EmilyMemmi
I totally would take this you were debating for the 11th and I could debate for the 10th! Go David Tennant!
Posted by Vortex-Blue123 1 year ago
Vortex-Blue123
'Better' as an overall standard.
Posted by Ragnar 1 year ago
Ragnar
Better by what standard?
Vote Placed by tejretics 1 year ago
tejretics
Vortex-Blue123sanchitmisra1Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro forfeited the majority of the debate, by forfeiting two out of four rounds. While not a full forfeit, such major forfeits are rarely considered acceptable conduct in any debate setting. Con graciously forwarded their contentions and bounced the debate back to Pro for equaling the rounds. Thus, I penalize Pro for their misconduct and award Con. Pro had not clearly define what he meant by "doctor". Con interpreted it to mean a doctor of medicine, or a medical doctor in a television consult show. This is completely appropriate and Con adequately demonstrated that a "11th doctor" is better than a "10th", by showing how the last piece of advice is generally better, meaning there are better lines of treatment coming from one. Therefore, arguments and conduct to Con. As always, happy to clarify this RFD.
Vote Placed by Le-vox-von-zhizn 1 year ago
Le-vox-von-zhizn
Vortex-Blue123sanchitmisra1Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Arguments: The full resolution stated in R1 said "You have to try and convince those viewing the debate the 11th Doctor is better while I am trying to convince all the 10th is." Though Pro and Con had failed to convince anyone Pro did at least understand the debate. Also I fail to see why Con though this debate wasn't about the TV show because this debate was in the "TV" section. Conduct: Pro forfeited
Vote Placed by dsjpk5 1 year ago
dsjpk5
Vortex-Blue123sanchitmisra1Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Ff