StuCo101
beem0r

The 16th Amendment should be repealed

beem0r

StuCo101

Pro

I will let my opponent make the first argument as to why we should not repeal the 16th amendment
beem0r

Con

The 16th Amendment to the US Constitution should not be repealed because it allows the Federal government to tax income in a much more meaningful way.
Also, repealing the 16th Amendment would also be a lot of hassle, and with no good reason to repeal it, this makes it very much not worth it.

So there are my opening reasons. Since my opponent made no opening arguments, these will suffice for now.
Usefulness we derive from the 16th amendment is one reason not to repeal it, the hassle inherent in repealing it is another.

I now await my opponent's argument.
StuCo101

Pro

StuCo101 forfeited this round.
beem0r

Con

Fellow debate.org members, lend me your attention.
My opponent has failed to address my round 1 arguments. That implies that all points I made in round 1 stand. My R1 points were that repealing the 16th would take effort and would cause harm to the system. We would have to go through the process of repealing it, and the process of making a whole new tax system. Also, the tax system would not be able to have the current functionality without the 16th amendment. My opponent has made no points, since he explicitly chose not to make arguments in round 1 and forfeited his chance to make any points in round 2.

My opponent has NO arguments, I have SOME arguments, and these arguments work in my favor as far as this debate is concerned. Therefore, it is wise to vote CON on this debate. Also, note that my opponent neglected to include a period at the end of the single sentence he contributed to this debate, thus he does not deserve your vote on the issue of grammar.

Thank you, and I am sorry this debate did not end up having more meaningful content.
Posted by beem0r 8 years ago
beem0r
I'll destroy you, Yraelz.
Posted by PoeJoe 8 years ago
PoeJoe
People, make an opening argument!!! You're basically forfeiting the debate otherwise!!!!!
Posted by Yraelz 8 years ago
Yraelz
If I recall correctly the 16th amendment did not receive the correct amount of votes to be ratified....
Posted by jmlandf 8 years ago
jmlandf
Yes it should!!
Vote Placed by knick-knack 8 years ago
knick-knack
StuCo101beem0rTied
Vote Placed by s0m31john 8 years ago
s0m31john
StuCo101beem0rTied