Ja50n
teeman

The 2nd Batman movie was better than the 3rd.

Ja50n

Ja50n

Pro

First round acceptance & rules
2nd round list argument
3rd round rebuttals
4th round further rebuttals
5th round conclusion

Better meaning more desirable, satisfactory, or effective
Any insults or trolling will lead to forfeiture of the debate.
I will be arguing that Batman The Dark Night was better than Batman The Dark Night Rises.
My opponent will be arguing that Batman The Dark Night Rises was better than Batman The Dark Night.
teeman

Con

I disagree. I believe the 3rd was actually better than the 2nd. The 2nd movie was definitely good but I feel a lot of people go with the hype of it being good mainly because of how well the character of the Joker was portrayed by Heath Ledger (RIP). In the 3rd one Batman actually faces an enemy who is not only as smart if not smarter than him but stronger than him, to the point he breaks Batman's spirit totally. It have very good character development in terms of the origins of Ra's Al Ghul as well as the story of Bane. In two, I don't recall it ever telling us how the Joker became the psychotic character that he was. It was as if all of a sudden he just decided to put the whole city in jeopardy. I am aware they did tell us that little tad bit about his "smile" and how he got it but nothing on how he became so twisted and why he picked THAT time to come out as a villain. Like what triggered it.
In summary, the third one tells us how Batman rises after all seemed to be lost and this made the story more climatic than the 2nd one.
Ja50n

Pro

(sigh) This wasn't really the debate format I was hoping for but go along with it for now because I said that first round is for acceptance only. Seeing as your new I will abide this. BTW Welcome to Debate.org.

First lets compare villains in the two movies
Bane
Bane is first known as a mercenary in the League of Shadows, he seems to pose a serious physical threat to everyone. However, because of his mask, it is also very hard to connect with this character because of his lack of expressions. (Not saying that Tom Hardy is a bad actor though). Also, Bane's motives aren't known at first because Alfred and Bruce just assume that Bane just wants to watch the world burn, HOWEVER there is no evidence to prove that. At the end, Bane's intelligence was kinda undermined when it was revealed that Miranda was revealed that she was the mastermind. It just showed that Miranda was the brains and Bane was just a mindless minion.

Miranda
She is first portrayed as a side character but her development into the ulterior mastermind in the end saw her grow into a mildly enjoyable character. However, I felt that there was a bit of a jump to escaping to being the woman she was now. Also, her motives felt a bit lacklustre, Miranda blowing up a city just because her father died by the hands of Batman feels slightly bland.

Joker
Joker is a well known character in the Batman series and is just known as a psychotic but brilliant villain. He is played by a brilliant actor Heath Ledger and audiences are able to be entertained not by his actions but by his character in general. Joker's motive is clearly portrayed in the opening movie, he just wants to play with batman and gotham city in the web of the plot. There is also an element of mysteriousness about the Joker as no one expected the riveting plot twists created. I contradict your point about the Joker's back story. From what we can gather based on the movie alone, we can say that the Joker came from a family that was most likely divorced but he was probably living with his father who was very violent. The Joker also had a wife but then they later divorced.

Harvey Dent/2 face
Harvey Dent is the hero of the citizens praised and has a thing for Rachel. Harvey, like Miranda , felt more like a side character. However, the plot twist into him being plagued with insanity after the death of Rachel made things more interesting. It just shows how your normal citizen who is filled with moral justice and your best friend can quickly turn into your worst enemy hunting down people. Also, he has a signature coin flip execution which added uniqueness to 2 face as a villain.

Comparing storyline and actors
Batman the Dark Night Rises storyline was fairly lengthy and decent with one last final reveal showing that Miranda was the mastermind and the reference back to Batman Returns was a nice touch. However, as everyone is starring a new cast of actors and characters, it is more difficult to connect to them.

Batman The Dark Night on the other hand was unpredictable, with a slow gradual ending. The characters here are mostly from the first movie with some new characters being introduced such as Harvey and Joker.

IMO the storyline in Batman Dark Night was more unpredictable and more thrilling with hospitals being blown up, ships with bombs next to them, characters held hostage and escaping prison using your goons as explosives. However, in Dark Night Rises all that is present is bridges and tunnels exploding and an all out fight with goons.

Sorry this is a bit lengthy but i felt these issues should be addressed when comparing films
teeman

Con

teeman forfeited this round.
Ja50n

Pro

As Con has forefeited round 2, I shall give him another round to respond to my arguments. If he has not then he will forfeit this debate.
teeman

Con

teeman forfeited this round.
Ja50n

Pro

As Con has officially forfeited this debate i urge all voters to got for pro.
teeman

Con

teeman forfeited this round.
Ja50n

Pro

Extend Argument...
teeman

Con

teeman forfeited this round.
Posted by Ja50n 2 years ago
Ja50n
sorry typo meant to say vote not got ;P
Posted by Ja50n 2 years ago
Ja50n
@wylted the 2nd one is Batman the Dark Night starring the Joker, the 3rd one stars Bane
Posted by Wylted 2 years ago
Wylted
Is the 2nd one with me freeze or is it the Riddler.
Vote Placed by lannan13 2 years ago
lannan13
Ja50nteemanTied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeiture