Cjnair5900
DebaterAdmin

The 2nd amendment: should we have the right to own a gun?

Cjnair5900

Con

I am going to open the debate by describing what the debate is about its about the second amendment, and the topic is should we have the right to own guns and does taking guns away help reduce our US crime rate I strongly disagree with the fact that taking guns away doesn't reduce crime rate. And also want to say that I strongly support the 2nd amendment. But I'm against the fact that taking guns away doesn't reduce crime rate.
DebaterAdmin

Pro

I accept your argument. It is a pleasure to debate with you on this gun control debate that has been going on like a raging fire following Sandy Hook.

As referenced from the alcohol prohibition in the United States and Finland in 1920:1919 respectively, both failed to stop the trade of alcohol, and increased the black market trade, where even government officials went secretly to purchase overpriced illegally imported/smuggled alcohol. Public pressure to repeal the law was out into effect in Finland 1932 and the United States 1933. Removing the item causing massive damage to the safety of our world from the public market will just inflame the situation more. The black market will always exist and there will always be buyers. There is no way to toughen border patrols to the extent that none can pass through. Removing guns will not help the fact that if one is motivated enough, he or she can still get their hands on guns. Removing guns in the USA will not stop Al Qaeda from conducting another 9/11. My opinion is that this will not help much, if not worsening the current day crisis.
Cjnair5900

Con

Cjnair5900 forfeited this round.
DebaterAdmin

Pro

Using the past to make predictions of what could be is a wise decision to make. As we have seen, trying to prohibit and confront these problems single-handedly and directly just worsens the situation.

If I lock a door and stick a paper that says, DO NOT LOOK INSIDE, chances are, you would look inside, it's human nature. I am not saying we should just abandon the concept of the issue, but as seen from past experience of our nation, prohibition is not the solution. No matter what anyone can do, bad things will keep happening like dust settling. It will never stop. Measures can be taken to minimize these atrocities, however, but to do so, you must delve deeper into the person.

Forcing people into religion is a bad thing, because who really knows whether they believe? The same applies to gun control. If you take a gun away from someone, lock them up for 17 years and tell them with a firm voice not to do it again, do you really know if they listened, or are they even more fueled up for revenge, and set out to commit crimes only once pondered? You don't know, and you never will.
Cjnair5900

Con

I, am kinda wondering if all of these shootings is all nothing but hype, even the sandy hook shootings did u know that Dianne Feinstein wants all of our guns that's kinda awkward to me, why would she want our guns taking guns away from criminal doesn't solve anything they can just use like a knife or some other kind of weapon to use to hurt innocent little kids. They might as well bann all forks and spoons to, but that doesn't solve the problem they're just gonna keep on eating my apologies for forfeiting these last two rounds I didn't get the email till just now but as I was saying they need to lock up the criminals not the guns.
DebaterAdmin

Pro

Actually, as you were saying, we should lock the guns up. The topic is "Should we have the right to own guns?". You are against it which means you don't think we should have the right town a gun.

Criminals should be sent to prison of course, but all the guns shouldn't be kept locked up. If you want to build a successful and violence-free society, that is impossible, so give up hope. However, more successful societies can be built from the start, gun free. There is no way to end gun ownership once it is allowed, due to the rebellious nature of human civilization.