Legitdebater
DebaterAgent

The 49ers will win Super Bowl XLVII

Started: 1/22/2013 Category: Sports

Legitdebater

Pro

Debate Procedure:
Round 1:Acceptance
Round 2: Offence
Round 3: Defence
Round 4: Summary and other
DebaterAgent

Con

Thank you for making this debate. I accept.
Once again my side is the Baltimore will win correct?
Legitdebater

Pro

First of all, I think San Fransico has a better quarterback; the most important offensive position on the field. Colin Kaepernick has a better touchdown to interception ratio: 10:3 versus Flacco's 22:10, which is still a very good ratio. Kaepernick also has a better overall passer rating which is 98.2 vs Flacco's rating of 87.5 which is still fairly good. Not only do I think Kaepernick is a better passer than Flacco, it is also pretty obvious that Kaepernick is a better running quarterback than Flacco, especially after that record-setting performace by Kaepernick rushing for over 180 yards in the divisional match-up against the Packers! From these stats, we can see that Kaepernick is a consistent quarterback who I also think is a great leader.

Next, let's look at the running game. Ray Rice is my 3rd favourite running back, behind Adrian Peterson and Fred Gore. Ray Rice is phenomenal, but I think Gore is more consistent. Gore finished the season with 1,214 rushing yards and 8 rushing touchdowns. He had 258 carriers and averaged 4.7 yards per carry. On the other hand, Ray Rice rushed for less yards, 1,143 yards, but had one more rushing touchdown. Rice also averaged 0.3 less yards per carry, 4.4. Gore also had a career-best 1,695 rushing yards in 2006 while Rice's career-best is 1,339 rushing yards. I think Gore is a better power-runningback than Ray Rice, but I think Rice is a better speed running-back than Fred Gore.

Now, let's look at the receiving core. San Francisco's receiving core is composed of potential hall of famer Randy Moss, along-side speedy wide-receivers Michael Crabtree and Ted Ginn. They have a good tight-end Vernon Davis who is a better receiving teight-end than Dennis Pitta. The Baltimore receiving is composed of Anquan Boldin, who is probable for the Super Bowl game, and good deep-threat Torrey Smith. The 49ers primary wide receiver is Micheal Crabtree, who had more receiving yards and receiving TD's than both Anquan Boldin and Torrey Smith. The Ravens do not have a hall of fame type wide receiver on their team. My conclusion is that the 49ers have a better receiving core than Baltimore.

The last is the offensive line.Starting with the tackles, Joe Staley is rated as the best left tackle in the entire league—and better than all the right tackles, as well—with a 40 percent efficiency rating. Anthony Davis, the Niners' starting right tackle, has been the third best player at his position.Starting with the tackles, Joe Staley is rated as the best left tackle in the entire league—and better than all the right tackles, as well—with a 40 percent efficiency rating. Anthony Davis, the Niners' starting right tackle, has been the third best player at his position. The same thing goes with guards Alex Boone and Mike Iuapiti who are second best at their postition in the league.Center Jonathan Goodwin also finishes inside the top 10 for efficiency rating, meaning no player in this offensive line ranks worse than 10th across the league. In Conclusion, the 49ers have a better O-Line and offense than the Ravens.

DebaterAgent

Con

DebaterAgent forfeited this round.
Legitdebater

Pro

It is unfortunate that my opponent forfeited round 2. Nevertheless, we will be moving on to comparing these two teams defences. I think the 49ers have a better overall defence for the following reasons. First of all, let's look at these two defence's standing's. The 49ers only allow a miniscule 200.2 passing yards per game, while the Ravens allow an average of 228.1 passing yards per game. Also, the 49ers allow only 94.2 rushing yards per game while the ravens allow 122.8 rushing yards per game. The Ravens also allow more yards per play: 5.2 compared to the 49ers 4.7 yards per play. These two teams have an equal amount of forced turnovers per game. Most importantly, the 49ers give up less points per game with a miniscule 17.1 points per game, whereas the Ravens give up 21.5 points per game.

Next, let's look at the linebacking core. The Raven's have 2 good linebackers: Terrell Suggs and Ray Lewis, but the 49ers have a younger, healthier and currently have a better linebacking core. I think that 49er's outside linebacker Aldon Smith is just of an elite skilled player as Terrell Suggs. Aldon's career best sack season is 19.5 where as Terrell Suggs only had 14 last year. Patrick Willis is currently a better middle linebacker than Ray Lewis, as he has more forced fumbles and interceptions than Ray Lewis, and is younger, faster and healthier. However, Lewis provides inspirational support to the Ravens. Navarro Bowman is a better middle linebacker than Dennell Ellerbe as he has more tackles (team-leading) than him. Finally, with Ahmad Brooks, they are a truly unstoppable linebacking core.

Now let's look at the secondary. The 49ers have a good secondary, with Dashon Goldson, Daunte Whitner, Tim Brown, and Carlos Rogers. The Ravens secondary is missing premier cornerback Ladarius Webb, as he was a huge part in the secondary. Personally, I think the 49ers have a more experienced secondary and will hold well against the Ravens wide receivers. Ed Reed is still a phenomenal safety, although he is aging. I think Goldson and Whitner are an unstoppable duo that are able to make smart decisions. I think the secondary between these two teams are relatively even.

The last is the D-line. Justin Smith and Ray MacDonald will disrupt the Ravens passing and running game by putting pressure on the O-line. They are two great defensive linemen, that are better than the Ravens D-line. In fact, the only good D-lineman is Haloti Ngata, while the 49ers have both Smith and MacDonald.

In Conclusion, I think the 49ers defence will hold well against Joe Flacco and company, and will seriosly disrupt the passing and running game, with a great secondary, d-line, and of course their fearsome linebacking core. They have great pass rushers Justin Smith and Aldon Smith, with a stong leader Patrick Willis and their interception team-leading Donte Whitner.

http://www.cbssports.com...
http://espn.go.com...;
DebaterAgent

Con

DebaterAgent forfeited this round.
Legitdebater

Pro

The Debate will be ended. I have started a new one, with the exact same title since DebaterAgent forgot about this debate until now. No votes please.
DebaterAgent

Con

Ya I'm so sorry.
Posted by wrichcirw 4 years ago
wrichcirw
49ers all the way. :D
Posted by Legitdebater 4 years ago
Legitdebater
Actually, you may vote, voters
Posted by Legitdebater 4 years ago
Legitdebater
sure, 'll create a new one
Posted by DebaterAgent 4 years ago
DebaterAgent
oops... i totally forgot about this debate... I say restart?