PhiloTheist
troy.johnson

The 9/11 terrorist attacks were not orchestrated by the U.S. government

PhiloTheist

PhiloTheist

Pro

This is an open debate challenge to any member of the "Truther" movement. The conspiracy theorist will bear the burden of proof in this debate. The first round must be used for acceptance and for posting your opening argument. If you do not post an opening argument in the first round, it will result in an automatic seven-point loss. Trolling is also an automatic loss.

I look forward to our discussion, Con.
troy.johnson

Con

I believe the 9/11 attacks were orchestrated by the U.S. government. First of all, there is no evidence that a plane ever hit the pentagon except for the hole in the building. Which doesn't measure up with the plane that supposedly hit the pentagon. Also, a "terrorist attack" is the perfect excuse for George Bush to start a war which boosts the economy.
PhiloTheist

Pro

Thank you, Con.

Rebuttal #1 - The Pentagon wreckage is consistent with a 757 crash
The idea that there was no physical evidence of a jetliner crash at the Pentagon is blatantly false. It stems from the mistaken belief that there should be large portions of the plane intact after the impact. Failing to see such wreckage, conspiracy theorists assume that there was no debris at all.

The crash test of an F-4 into a concrete barrier

Pictured above is the crash test of an F-4 into a concrete barrier. As you can see, the plane appears to have nearly disappeared. This illustrates the complete possibility of a jet to be reduced to tiny fragments upon impact, rather than leaving behind significant amounts of debris.

Moving on, there is documentation of debris from the 757 found in and around the impact site.

A scrap of metal debris outside the Pentagon.

Pictured above is one of the larger pieces of debris found outside the Pentagon facade following the attack.

My opponent alleges that the "hole in the building" does not meet the measurements of a 757. This Truther claim is based upon selective presentation of the photographs of the crash, in which the first floor is obscured by smoke and flame-retardant spray.[1] Below is a photo showing that the extent of the damage was roughly sixty feet, rather than the typical Truther claim of less than twenty feet.[2]

A photo illustrating the extent of the damage.

Rebuttal #2 - The motive of the government
While I certainly would agree that those in political power capitalized upon the terrorist attacks, this is hardly proof that they were the perpetrators. Motive does not mean the guilt, and this is especially important to remember given that it is the politician's job to use current events to his or her favor.

1. http://911research.wtc7.net...
2. http://911review.com...
troy.johnson

Con

troy.johnson forfeited this round.
PhiloTheist

Pro

I extend all arguments.
troy.johnson

Con

troy.johnson forfeited this round.
PhiloTheist

Pro

I extend all arguments.
troy.johnson

Con

troy.johnson forfeited this round.
Posted by 16kadams 1 year ago
16kadams
Yeah I only recently broke free of the alien control Ragnar, glad I did.
Posted by Ragnar 1 year ago
Ragnar
She was, since everyone (who isn't being mind controlled by them) knows it was the shape-changing lizard people.
Posted by PhiloTheist 1 year ago
PhiloTheist
I hope you are joking...
Posted by Zarroette 1 year ago
Zarroette
The 9/11 attacks were actually orchestrated by the Illuminati Jews.
Posted by Fingohluuptee 1 year ago
Fingohluuptee
In my opinion, if it was orchestrated by the government, we'll never find out anyway.
Vote Placed by Tweka 1 year ago
Tweka
PhiloTheisttroy.johnsonTied