JorgeLucas
Torvald

The ADVENTURE FIGHT!!!

Torvald

JorgeLucas

Pro

This debate will be in the form of an ADVENTURE FIGHT!!!

BANG! I SHOOT MY OPPONENT WITH A LIGHTNING CANNON

HOW SHALL HE OR SHE RESPOND?!?!?!
Torvald

Con

I accept this refreshingly silly 'debate,' though with mild skepticism. Assuming we're following scientific principles, I would point out that a lightning cannon would make a zapping, vibrating sound, more than a bang. [1]

That much said, I don a body-sized rubber condom, which would prevent me from being damaged by the lightning cannon, then I bombard my opponent with a neutron beam.

Over to you.

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org...
JorgeLucas

Pro

CONDOMS ARE EVIL!!!

I USE MY MORALITY CANNON TO MAKE THE CONDOM EAT MY OPPONENT!!!

these are lower case letters to make my argument clean and easy to read
Torvald

Con

Okay, so I get eaten by a condom. I then sit in the belly of the condom for three days and three nights, before being regurgitated in Israel, safely away from my opponent and his morality cannon. I then start a riot, which causes panic and the government, inspiring them to launch a nuclear strike against the US, to destroy my opponent and his morality cannon. Then, to tie up the loose ends, I make a short trek to Nīnawā, Iraq, where I preach to the city about morality, inspiring more riots, during which they destroy the morality cannon factories.
JorgeLucas

Pro

Little problem: I'm not in the U.S. I'm in the Asteroid Belt.

I pick up an asteroid and throw it at the Earth, destroying it on the spot.
Torvald

Con

A little problem for you is that you would not be able to throw an asteroid large enough to destroy a planet (in fact, there are very few asteroids in the Main Belt that are even large enough to destroy a planet). Let us assume, however, that you somehow succeeded in throwing one of the larger ones, say Juno, at Earth. You run into an unfortunate complication: Israel's nuclear strike against the USA was launched from space, for stealth, so your asteroid got nuked before it ever reached Earth. Furthermore, because you have not sought medical attention about your problem (being shot with a neutron beam would make you become radioactive, and the nuclear radiation would kill you), you are stuck, dying, in an asteroid belt, and cannot reach a hospital, because, thanks to your remarkably Wiley Coyote-esque attempts at destroying Earth, you have surrounded it with a radioactive halo of toxic debris. What is my next move to combat you and your quixotic attempts at annihilating me with fantasy? I shall lounge around in Tibet, sipping a lovely cup of Valerian tea.
JorgeLucas

Pro

[ERROR: Cheating will not be tolerated. <1> more attempt to cheat will result in a permanent ban]
Torvald

Con

This is an adventure fight! There's no such thing as cheating! And a charge of cheating is rich, coming from a radioactive loose-cannon sitting in the Asteroid Belt, trying to pick up moon-sized asteroids and throw them 300,000,000 kilometers! Until you can come up with something better than that, I'll still be enjoying my tea.
JorgeLucas

Pro

The universe doesn't even exist and neither does my opponent so I win
Torvald

Con

You're waiting until the last round to bring out the big 'what is real' guns? I'm as real as you are. If I'm not real, neither are you, since last I checked, real or not, the Asteroid Belt is in the universe. This is just a ploy of desperation: my opponent has little to lose, since he is at this moment languishing on an asteroid (and somehow miraculously managing to avoid freezing, suffocation, and extreme depressurization), so he has decided to make a suicide run! I don't really mind, though, because all of that Valerian in the tea made me very sleepy, so I'm going to go take a nap. Toodeloo!
Posted by Torvald 4 years ago
Torvald
I'm glad you find it pleasing. Its purpose, after all, was whimsy.
Posted by MuniLove 4 years ago
MuniLove
LOL pro was such mess, this was entertaining
Vote Placed by Zaradi 4 years ago
Zaradi
JorgeLucasTorvaldTied
Reasons for voting decision: lulz
Vote Placed by RyuuKyuzo 4 years ago
RyuuKyuzo
JorgeLucasTorvaldTied
Reasons for voting decision: Obvious vote is obvious.
Vote Placed by Nur-Ab-Sal 4 years ago
Nur-Ab-Sal
JorgeLucasTorvaldTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con obviously won this. Pro basically forfeited in the final rounds.