TheRussian
Your_Logical_Fallacy

The AK-47 is superior to the M16

TheRussian

TheRussian

Pro

I will argue that the AK-47 is superior to its US counterpart, the M16. Please begin your debate.
Your_Logical_Fallacy

Con

First off, I understand that AK-47 are cheaper because they are made with stamp metal ( the less fancy ones ) and can still perform amazing when it's dirty and dusty, BUT the m16 has a longer range and more accurate sights. The US kills more insurgents(ARMED WITH AK-47's) than the insurgents kill them, I understand insurgents have less training but if the AK-47 is much more superior than the m16/m4a1 then shouldn't the AK-47 balance the fight? What it really comes down to is not the weapon, but the person you give it to.
TheRussian

Pro

"if the AK-47 is much more superior than the m16/m4a1 then shouldn't the AK-47 balance the fight?"
Nothing was said about balancing a fight, I am arguing that the gun by itself is better. I also never said "much more superior", which implies that having an AK-47 means automatic victory, I simply said superior.

"What it really comes down to is not the weapon, but the person you give it to."
I agree, but that is irrelevant, because we are discussing the quality and characteristics of the gun itself, not the training of those using it.

First off, the AK-47 is smaller than the M16, meaning it is more mobile and is very easy to use. Children can be taught how to take apart, put together and use an AK-47 in an hour because it only has 8 moving parts. Next, the AK-47 round (7.9 g) is over twice as heavy as the M16 (3.6 grams) which means it will cause more damage. The AK-47 also (as Con mentioned) much cheaper. An AK-47 costs $150 on average while an M16 costs around $670 per unit. This means that you can arm over 4 times as many people with an AK as you can with an M16 for the same price, without sacrificing performance. The penetration of an AK-47 (74 cm through ballistic gelatin) is almost twice as high as the M16 (38 cm through ballistic gelatin), meaning that the AK-47 is more effective against armored targets than the M16.
http://www.military-today.com...
http://www.theglobalist.com...
Your_Logical_Fallacy

Con

I dont even know why im having this debate I personally like the AK-47 better. I don't give up this fast but your good.
TheRussian

Pro

It can also be noted that the AK-47 was made an entire decade before the M16. I believe it is virtually un-debatable that the AK-47 is the superior weapon. (Thank you for the compliment, by the way.)
Your_Logical_Fallacy

Con

You're* ( Just noticed my spelling mistake)
TheRussian

Pro

Well, thanks for the mini-debate. If there are any gun/tank/war related things you would like to debate, feel free to message me.
Your_Logical_Fallacy

Con

Your_Logical_Fallacy forfeited this round.
Vote Placed by travis18352 3 years ago
travis18352
TheRussianYour_Logical_FallacyTied
Reasons for voting decision: considering con gave up all points go to pro