newt-limpman
Pase66

The AR-15 and other weapons like it should not be banned in the United States

newt-limpman

Pro

The AR-15 should not be banned in the United States, period! Even though it is a semi-automatic rifle (not an assault weapon), it should not be banned or any attachments like a pistol grip, a magazine over 10 rounds, etc. and my reason why is that the Government should NOT tell me what I should or should not own! That is not what the Untied States was founded on, we rebelled against the British because we were sick of being told what to do by the British, so if we rebelled to have limited government shouldn't we fulfill that?

Also, rights don't change because technology does! That's like saying we can't have our freedom of speech because the Internet was created, and a lot of free speech is put out on the Internet! That is the same with guns! There are a lot of guns like the AR-15 out there that the people have, and trying to take them away will just make the people angry, and most likely revolt.

Besides, gun deaths are due to violence are very low! If I am correct, it is less than 3%, and only a fraction of the deaths are caused by AR-15's! So why should we be penalized by having a right taken away if guns like the AR-15 hardly kill people?!
Pase66

Con

newt-limpman

Pro

What's your argument?
Pase66

Con

Pase66 forfeited this round.
newt-limpman

Pro

newt-limpman forfeited this round.
Pase66

Con

Pase66 forfeited this round.