James.ticknor
wjmelements

The Affirmative Side Will Win This Debate.

wjmelements

James.ticknor

Pro

(Haha, there is no proof!)

I believe that I will win this debate, because I have the favor of the people, as that is the whole point in voting on the winner. The will favor me because I am on the positive side, which not as people are pessimistic as there are optimists, and arguing is not very peaceful, it just puts the person down, which I do not think is very polite of you to do with me, given that you have no proof as to why I will fail. You actually want me to fail, and I do not think that is very polite of you either. Since I am posting this while there is no one, I do not want anyone to fail, because I am by myself right now.

My topic and I stand for winning, but being respectful to the people who do not win (I don't want to say 'losers' because that puts people down). This is a quality deemed to be good by society. I have self confidance, also deemed good, but I am respectful enough not to be cocky.
wjmelements

Con

Actually, you will not win this debate.

Why?

This is because you have already lost the spelling vote.
"I have self confidance"

Confidence is spelled "confidence". http://www.merriam-webster.com...

Also, you will have fewer sources than me. I already have a head start. Further, in the last round, I will have the opportunity to know how many sources you will use, and will easily be able to surpass that.

Finally, I will win the arguments category because my arguments pertain more to the aspect of one's winning a debate. I have, therefore, had a more logical approach to this debate:
"Spelling" is one point.
"Sources" is two points.
"Arguments" is three.
Even though conduct will probably be a tied voting category, I am probably going to win the other categories. This alone is enough for me to win.

The resolution reads, "The Affirmative Side Will Win This Debate." However, my opponent, the affirmative, will not win this debate. He is destined to lose this debate and has already been condemned.

My opponent has claimed such superior personality qualities over me. However, when one is voting, they do not vote for the person, but the better debater.

The resolution is negated. Vote CON.
James.ticknor

Pro

You have clearly stated my one error in spelling. Mispelling is almost always understood by the person reading it to mean the word that was intended. However, grammer, which I have presented flawlessly, can confuse people much more easier. Your fragment, "Why?" and "The resolution is negated. Vote CON." So while you may have one point on me in spelling, I have one point on you in grammer.

So, the tally is as follows:

Spelling- CON
Sources- TIED (I too have a source, myself, and since this is a debate of personal relations, I do not have the obligation to cite a source other than myself.)
Arguements- TIED (We both have a standing arguement that the AFF/CON will win.)
Grammer- AFF

However, let us not forget defense/offense.

Since I had prepared this debate before I had an actual opponent, I do not have the obligation to offense. However, it was required that you do both, which you failed to do. In other words, you failed to say why that you deserve to win. You have only stated why I deserve to lose. So, we will add an addition clause:

Defense/Offense-AFF

I do believe that current tally is in favor of me. In rebutall, the point is to make sure that your opponent does not get away with false remarks or to prove them wrong. This speech would have been great in the next round. Round three is supposed to have us state our conclusion.

For these reasons, I do believe that I won.
wjmelements

Con

"Your fragment, "Why?" and "The resolution is negated. Vote CON." So while you may have one point on me in spelling, I have one point on you in grammer."

First, Grammar and Spelling combine for one point.
Second, "Why?" is a question and an interjection (any other word or expression so used, as Good grief! Indeed! http://dictionary.reference.com...), and can stand alone.
Third, "Vote CON." is an imperative statement and is grammatically correct. http://grammar.about.com...
So, I am winning the spelling and grammar category.

"I do not have the obligation to offense. However, it was required that you do both, which you failed to do."
You are the instigator. You have burden of proof.

My opponent has made another spelling mistake ("Arguements")

Spelling and Grammar- CON
Souces- CON ('Yourself' is not a source.)*
Arguments- CON (You do not have a standing argument)**
Conduct- TIED***

"I do believe that current tally is in favor of me."
It clearly is not.

*In the same manner, 'myself' is no source.

**Even under your system, you are not winning any voting category. Therefore, I will win this debate. So, the resolution is negated.

"Defense/Offense-AFF"
That is not a voting category.

***"In rebutall, the point is to make sure that your opponent does not get away with false remarks or to prove them wrong. This speech would have been great in the next round. Round three is supposed to have us state our conclusion."
I did not agree to any such format.

Because I will actually win voting categories and my opponent will not, the affirmative will not win this debate.
James.ticknor

Pro

You said, "First, Grammar and Spelling combine for one point." That is incorrect. SPELLING-forming words with letters according to the principles underlying accepted usage. GRAMMER-The rules under which sentences are formed. Grammer and spelling are not the same thing and therefore count for different points, so my argument still stands.

In your dictionary, it does not state that an interjection is a sentence, therefore my argument still stands that it is a fragment.

While I am the instigator, I do have the burdon of proof and I have presented my proof in the beginning. I did not launch a defensive because, at the time, there was no one to contend with.

You said, "Souces- CON ('Yourself' is not a source.)*
Arguments- CON (You do not have a standing argument)**"

For *, I do believe that my own life's personal experiences are a source. When it is wrong to base facts on personal experience, let me know. For ***, I do have a standing argument, because you have not destroyed my previous arguments that still withstand.

You also said, "Even under your system, you are not winning any voting category. Therefore, I will win this debate. So, the resolution is negated." Yes I am, I have defended myself so...yes I have... So, moving on,

If we are operating under LD format, the goal of the first round is to present your speech. The purpose of the second round is to clash, and the purpose of the third is to conclude.

(I think it's kind of cynical to judge of what we have been. Idk, it just reminds me of House. )
wjmelements

Con

I thank my opponent for this debate.

My opponent insists that Spelling and Grammar do not account for one point merely because they are defined separately. However, as you will see in the voting box, they are a combined voting category worth one point.

My opponent insists that interjections are still not grammatically correct. They clearly are able to stand alone: http://grammar.about.com...

My opponent claims that his life experiences are a source. However, they are not a RELIABLE source, as anyone could simply make up life experiences or personal qualities. Therefore, I have beaten him in the sources category, as my sources have been more reliable than his.

"If we are operating under LD format"
We clearly were not, as you neither started with a speech based on values nor posted an argument containing organized contentions.

Currently, the voting should read:
Spelling and Grammar: CON (1 point)
Better Conduct: TIED (1 point)
Convincing Arguments: CON (3 points)
Sources: CON (2 points)

Even if PRO wins the arguments category, then the debate will be a tie; therefore, he cannot win this debate.

My opponent has claimed that I have not destroyed every one of his arguments. However, I clearly have. Vote CON.
Posted by LJenk 7 years ago
LJenk
I would like to point out that in round 2, the PRO side also misspelled the word 'misspelling'.
Posted by James.ticknor 8 years ago
James.ticknor
Thanks for the fun fun man. It's been fun!
Posted by wjmelements 8 years ago
wjmelements
No problem.
Posted by James.ticknor 8 years ago
James.ticknor
I've been waiting to do a debate with you, I had just hoped that it would be one that we could test real logic...I'll invite you to another one.
Posted by wjmelements 8 years ago
wjmelements
Yeah, it's been done too many times before.
Posted by Kleptin 8 years ago
Kleptin
I hate this debate. It's old and unoriginal.
Posted by wjmelements 8 years ago
wjmelements
I have the opposite opinion...
Posted by leet4A1 8 years ago
leet4A1
Make voting period indefinite and I'll take it. Finite voting periods suck.
Vote Placed by mongoose 8 years ago
mongoose
James.ticknorwjmelementsTied
Vote Placed by DesmondTiny 8 years ago
DesmondTiny
James.ticknorwjmelementsTied
Vote Placed by Danononian 8 years ago
Danononian
James.ticknorwjmelementsTied
Vote Placed by Icarus57 8 years ago
Icarus57
James.ticknorwjmelementsTied
Vote Placed by Me100 8 years ago
Me100
James.ticknorwjmelementsTied
Vote Placed by Flare_Corran 8 years ago
Flare_Corran
James.ticknorwjmelementsTied
Vote Placed by Its-you-or-me 8 years ago
Its-you-or-me
James.ticknorwjmelementsTied
Vote Placed by wjmelements 8 years ago
wjmelements
James.ticknorwjmelementsTied