Travisdc20
thegamingjesus

The Age Old Debate: Conservative or Liberal

Travisdc20

Pro

The first round is acceptance. I chose such a general debate topic due to the fact that this is my first debate and I want to get a feel for the website. This debate will have the first round as acceptance, the second through fourth as the debate/rebuttals, and finally the fifth round will be closing statements. I only ask that whoever accepts this makes sure to stay civil and not be rude, because that ruins the debate. Thank you.

When whoever accepts this comments for acceptance, decide whether this will be based on a certain topic each round or just conservatism and liberalism in general. I will be fine with either, and as I said this is my first debate, so I want to do it in the most efficient way. Pro is Conservative, Con is Liberal.
thegamingjesus

Con

Since this is your first debate for round 2-4 and for round five well say our closing statements and say why we think we won.

For my opening statement I'm liberal because I think change is necessary in our world.
Travisdc20

Pro

Conservatism is, as defined in the dictionary," the holding of political views that favor free enterprise, private ownership, and socially conservative ideas." Another definition does state "commitment to traditional values and ideas with opposition to change or innovation." I won't disagree that Conservatism is against change, because that is correct, but that is mainly due to the fact that the change our country has had lately has all been against our moral codes and beliefs.

When thinking of a conservative, many people think of racist white people that think all atheists and liberals are idiots. While I will not deny that some people are like that, I also will say many people are not. I am not an old white man. In fact, I graduated college with high honors and I am now getting my Doctorate to become a forensic anthropologist. Surprisingly, I am not an old white man. I say that to immediately disassemble the stereotype of all Christians being horrible people.

The first topic I will delve into here is the bible being true. You may believe the bible is true or not, but if I do not show how the bible is true then all of my arguments that come from the bible will not be useful. The bible was written many many years ago, most everyone can agree on that. It was written long ago in a time where science was not very advanced. My first example of the bible being true is circumcision. In Genesis 17:12, God commanded Abraham to circumcise children on the eighth day after they were born. Why would God specify the eighth day, you might ask? Well, after being born, on the first through seventh day, children have a low that progressively turns to normal level of Vitamin K, specifically prothrombin. On days 1-7, the level of prothrombin in children is relatively low. However, on the eighth day, and only the eighth day after being born, the amount of prothrombin in the child's body elevates to above 100% of normal amounts. In the time the bible was written, no one knew that, and even if you want to say God didn't say that and just one of the writers did, it was still before modern science and no one would have known why that was what worked. Another example of the bible being true is about Astronomy. In the time of Jesus and before, and for a time after, many people thought the earth was flat. The bible, however, in Isaiah 40:22, mentions "the circle of the earth." Also, many people back then thought the world was held up by something, the Greeks even believed a titan was punished by having to hold up the world. Job 26:7 says that God "hangs the Earth on nothing. I say this not to change what anyone believes, but just to establish some reason of why the bible is correct so I can use it in arguments.
I have finished with my first section of the debate. I apologize for being slow to respond, I have been swamped with schoolwork, which is why this reply is rather short. I will add more info next time.
thegamingjesus

Con

thegamingjesus forfeited this round.
Travisdc20

Pro

Travisdc20 forfeited this round.
thegamingjesus

Con

thegamingjesus forfeited this round.
Travisdc20

Pro

Travisdc20 forfeited this round.
thegamingjesus

Con

thegamingjesus forfeited this round.
Travisdc20

Pro

Travisdc20 forfeited this round.
thegamingjesus

Con

thegamingjesus forfeited this round.
Posted by Kilk1 1 year ago
Kilk1
@Travisdc20 Hey, you're a member of the Lord's church? (I would have sent you this as a message, but you have not yet set that up.)
Posted by Travisdc20 1 year ago
Travisdc20
I felt no need to post more unless my opponent returned.
Posted by qwertyytrewq01943 1 year ago
qwertyytrewq01943
Conservatives are always right ;)