Glitter2998
M.brown

The 'Alvinn! and the Chipmunks' characters don't even look like chipmunks

Glitter2998

Pro

If you watch the Alvinn! and the Chipmunks show on Nickelodeon, you;ll see that they do not look like chipmunks.
M.brown

Con

Alvin! And the Chimpmunks' characters look a lot like chipmunks and they even sound like them. If they aren't chipmunks then I don't know what else they could be.
Glitter2998

Pro

On the movies, like, The Road Chip, they do look and sound like chipmunks. However, on the Nickelodeon show, they do not, as seen in the picture below.

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com...
M.brown

Con

Ok so maybe they don't look exactly like chipmunks with their hair and clothing, but the show is intended for younger audiences. Most kids can tell they are chipmunks and like the cartoony look of them.
Glitter2998

Pro

My sisters are 9 and 6, and they even told me they don't look like chipmunks. Sometimes when I'm watching the show, I forget they're even chipmunks!
M.brown

Con

Yeah so they aren't the most realistic representation of chipmunks, but most people are able to tell what they are. Overall, the chipmunks look realistic enough with their tails and fur.
Posted by TheGodson 1 year ago
TheGodson
I would vote pro if I could, but I don't have a mobile phone so I can't vote. Those things don't look like chipmunks. Only the thing going down there noes and their tails. That is it though.
Posted by whiteflame 1 year ago
whiteflame
*******************************************************************
>Reported vote: famousdebater// Mod action: NOT Removed<

3 points to Con (Arguments). Reasons for voting decision: I don't view the slight give in as a concession because he makes an argument out of it. Pro, in order to meet their burden must prove that Alvin (and the rest of the Chipmunks) dont' look look Chipmunks. Con poses the argument that they are designed for younger people and therefore the cartoony look still allows them to be associated and viewed as chipmunks. Pro counters with subjective and unreliable reasoning (stating that the chipmunks don't look like it because they think that it doesn't), they would have got the sources points however after using a good source they use an extremely bad source that counters the actions of the good source due to the fact that Pro uses their siblings as evidence and more importantly as a rebuttals. Since Pro uses their own subjectivity and the subjectivity of their sibilings to refute Con's point, con's point stands and Pro's burden cannot stand with the concession to a point that conflicts. I think that this RFD is longer than the debate btw.

[*Reason for non-removal*] The vote more than sufficiently analyzes the debate and the arguments given therein.
************************************************************************
Posted by Glitter2998 1 year ago
Glitter2998
It's not over yet!
Posted by fire_wings 1 year ago
fire_wings
congrats!
Vote Placed by famousdebater 1 year ago
famousdebater
Glitter2998M.brownTied
Reasons for voting decision: I don't view the slight give in as a concession because he makes an argument out of it. Pro, in order to meet their burden must prove that Alvin (and the rest of the Chipmunks) dont' look look Chipmunks. Con poses the argument that they are designed for younger people and therefore the cartoony look still allows them to be associated and viewed as chipmunks. Pro counters with subjective and unreliable reasoning (stating that the chipmunks don't look like it because they think that it doesn't), they would have got the sources points however after using a good source they use an extremely bad source that counters the actions of the good source due to the fact that Pro uses their siblings as evidence and more importantly as a rebuttals. Since Pro uses their own subjectivity and the subjectivity of their sibilings to refute Con's point, con's point stands and Pro's burden cannot stand with the concession to a point that conflicts. I think that this RFD is longer than the debate btw.
Vote Placed by kkjnay 1 year ago
kkjnay
Glitter2998M.brownTied
Reasons for voting decision: Concession by Con. Con admits that they do not look like chipmunks. Congrats on your first win Glitter2998 :D