e2ndk
bluesteel

The American Government does not have any ones intrestin their heart but their own.

Reasons for your voting decision - Required

e2ndk

Pro

The government confirms we need essential fatty acids to produce brains cells and the like while also producing a healthy balance of hormones as well as the chemicals to allow us to think and feel..

EFA are whats in a mothers milk that allows survival and healthy growth.

Yet prescribed to us to several servings of COW milk intended by nature to provide a baby CALF with momma cow essential fatty acids to produce brains cells and the like while also producing a healthy balance of hormones as well as the chemicals..

There is no better balance of EFA for humans found in plants, or a plant more intimately connected to the human brain and body than the Hemp seed.

.. yet our government has made laws against growing this plant which also prevent the industrial uses of Hemp.. but what about before this ban? i could be here for a long time telling you about history but DO NOT TAKE MY WORD ON ANYTHING; RESEARCH IT YOURSELF=)

*If all fossil fuel and their derivatives, as well as trees for paper and construction, were banned in order to save the planet, reverse the Greenhouse Effect and stop deforestation; then there is only one known annually renewable, natural resource that is capable of providing the overall majority of the world's paper, plastics and textiles; meet all of the world's transportation, industrial and home energy needs; provide about 30% of the world's medicines, while reducing pollution, rebuilding the soil and cleaning the atmosphere, all at the same time…and that substance is the same one that has done it before, for the last five to 10 thousand years, until about 125 years ago…

No one has taken the $100,000 challenge to prove me wrong. Why? Because I am right. The U.S. government has been lying to us since the early 1900s. Do economic interests and the police have more to say than the people about the future of our planet? How angry are you for being lied to by the U.S. government about Cannabis Hemp? Are you willing to make a stand right now?

No one can dispute this information and knowledge. You have to join me in this fight. Either you are on the U.S. government's side or you are on the Earth's side with me!

Jack Herer
http://webcache.googleusercontent.com...
bluesteel

Con

Someone had to take this...

The US government also cares about the welfare of the American people. Some people may think that Obamacare was a misguided attempt to help people, but it certainly did nothing good for Barack Obama's career, so the motivation clearly wasn't self-interest. That's just one of many potential examples. The fact that industrial hemp cannot be grown without a special DEA permit (like a driver's license) doesn't mean the government doesn't care about anyone.

My opponent claims hemp seed oil is required to get essential fatty acids (EFA's). Hemp seed oil contains 80% EFA by volume, flax seed oil is a perfect replacement with 72% EFA by volume. http://www.ratical.org... Also, you CAN buy hemp seed oil in the US, you just can't GROW hemp without a permit. You could buy hemp oil here: http://www.amazon.com...

My opponent claims if we stop using petroleum we will need hemp. I ask him to substantiate HOW hemp could solve our energy needs. Last time I checked, cellulosic ethanol was not commercially viable because the enzymes that break down the cellulose are RIDICULOUSLY expensive. In addition, petroleum isn't used in paper. I don't know why we'd need hemp to replace current paper production methods. There's no way "hemp could replace 30% of the world's medicine." Try taking hemp instead of penicillin or interferon. The world has plenty of cotton and synthetic fibers so I don't know why we'd need hemp in clothing; hemp clothing is REALLY scratchy. I'd rather wear polyester.

Regardless, if we ever needed hemp THAT badly, we could change the law or buy it from Canada, where it can be legally grown. http://www.hempfood.ca...

Vote Con.
e2ndk

Pro

Im glad youre up to debate but for the future please look into what youre talking about if you dont already know.

why did you start The US government also cares?

I was just informed even tho i cannot afford healthcare, that if i dont get health insurance, I will suffer ramifications and be a criminal? http://freedomofmedicineanddiet.blogspot.com...

exactly what did Obama campaign on that he kept his word on? the DEA tried very hard and has succeeded in wasting our money to exterminate and outlaw hemp as a food, fuel, fiber, plastic, paper.. in 2001 they tried to completely ban as a food. possibly in their self interest(look into how much money governments have and also have subsidized petroleum)

The fact that you need any license to grow any plant is a violation of church and state, religious and personal freedom.

I did not say that efa are required anywhere except for in the human body for optimized health. Hemp seed is apparently just the best plant source to get a healthy balance of efa. http://www.fi.edu...
h
I buy my shelled hemp seed on amazon and itś 7$ a pound imported from canada.. ?? So we cant grow it but we can buy sterilized seed and only because they were too healthy to be banned outright?
Are you aware of the difference between the nutritional value of a, for example a broccoli seed, a fully grown broc vs broc sprouted five days? the seeds are nutritious, the plant is better but the sprout has all the potential the plant will grow into so a seedling has 50-100 times the nutrition. this is why deer like young plants and buds. Iḿ not sure what point youŕe making; other than to state a fact that you can buy but you cant grow it. I would like to sprout this seed that i believe the creator provided for us, as the research i have reviewed done by governments and independent science entities indicate to me that sprouted cannabis plants would be extremely nutritious, perhaps your body requires the fundamentals for the hormones that a cow would use and thats why you eat so much dairy and hence, end up thinking and feeling the way you do.
the seed oils of these plants contained what we call omega-6 fatty acids. For the first time, the omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acid families existed on earth together and apparently this opened the door for an entire new set of species to arrive that would develop bigger brains.

I did not make any claim that we need to use hemp if we stopped using petroleum. I have seen studies showing geothermal energy could be relatively easily be tapped to capture 2,000zj of power every year while the worldly energy used every year is somewhere around .5 zj. If you slow down and take the time to read, Jack Herer made an offer for 100,000$ for anyone to disprove his theory.. disprove him and make the money because no one has ever won that challenge.

so you dont think hemp is commercially viable because itś expensive. . . . . do you think thats related to our legal policy and the forced outsourcing as well as delivery charges? is it more expensive for our gov to subsidize farmers to grow corn, to not grow anything at all, the subsidies for petroleum, or growing a extremely viable and versatile plant that requires virtually no pesticides or maintenance? In addition petroleum products ARE used for paper. The pulping chemicals used on wood to create paper are what cause tree paper to become brittle and yellow almost unusable after 100 years. The library of congress reports 400 year old books with hemp paper are still pagable and there has been books that have survive millennia in caves.

quote Hemp paper is naturally acid-free. The oldest printed paper in existence is a 100 percent hemp Chinese text dated to 770 AD. Thomas Jefferson drafted both the Declaration of Independence and the U.S. Constitution on hemp paper.

Hemp's cellulose level is almost three times that of wood, so it makes superior paper and yields four times as much pulp per acre as trees. The hemp paper process also utilizes less energy and fewer chemicals than tree paper processing and doesn't create the harmful dioxins, chloroform, or any of the other 2,000 chlorinated organic compounds that have been identified as byproducts of the wood paper process.

Hemp is a sustainable, annual crop that is ready for harvest just 120 days after going to seed, compared to trees which take tens or hundreds of years to reach maturity. Further, harvesting hemp doesn't destroy the natural habitats of thousands of distinct animal and plant species.

Historically, hemp was an important source of paper fiber until the early 1900's when chemicals were developed to advance the wood paper pulp industry. Wood pulp paper rode the chemical revolution to its apex before the public health hazards of toxic chemicals were an issue and before the environmental consequences of clear-cutting forests were appreciated.�
http://www.sdearthtimes.com...

I seriously suggest you start relying on the things you know because you have researched yourself instead of assuming that or just accepted what other people say.. "There's no way "hemp could replace 30% of the world's medicine" again are you trained in nutrition? whats your basis for saying this? thats what he says but im convinced itś more.

http://www.letfreedomgrow.com...
http://www.letfreedomgrow.com...

Are you a doctor? i dont know much about interferon (wiki for back round not absolute truth) but that doesnt sound like anything i want a part of.

but again im not sure why you would suggest that i need that or penicillin or why i would replace those with hemp if you could explain that a little more.

cotton is very environmentally degrading the its fibers are inferior to hemp. apparently you are not aware but you can make hemp cloth ranging from burlap bags to fine silk of the strongest natural fibers.
the world also has many huge caverns with billions of gallons or more of petroleum.. do you recommend sucking it dry from under our feet>? or maybe you are for hydrofracking? nuclear? coal? maybe you dont plan on having kids you will care about the quality of the air they breathe, the water the drink, or the state of the environment we have failed to safe guard so that our posterity might be privileged to live above ground and to enjoy all of earths beauties. but i guess you are one who prefers to look at smog?, to get as big of a lungfull that you can as well as things like drinking contaminated water? you state that you prefer polyester(convenient patented with nylon the same year hemp was outlawed) but i dont think everyone want quite so much of their lives wrapped in petroleum based(dead broken down life) plastics.. thats gross. Have you noticed a similar root between canvas and cannabis? by the way its more expensive to mine oil filter it and make plastic out of the crude than it would be to grow plants and make biodegradable plastic from plants without the neurotoxins.

Looking forward to your response

=
bluesteel

Con

Thanks for the quick response e2.

I didn't know what $100,000 challenge my opponent was talking about, but apparently I can win $100,000 from Jack Herer just by winning this debate and proving that hemp isn't a miracle plant that can solve all the world's problems. So basically if I win this debate, I win $100,000. Awesome.

Unfortunately, Jack Herer is dead, so I doubt anyone can collect.

1. Does the US government care?

My opponent asked why I brought this up. Obviously because the topic is about whether the government cares only about themselves. This can't possibly be the case since Obamacare did nothing for Obama's political career, so the motivation clearly wasn't self-interest.

My opponent says he'll be a criminal under the new law. If he can't afford health insurance, the new law gives him subsidies and helps set up insurance pools so he can afford it. If my opponent doesn't pay for health insurance, he is a criminal - he is stealing for insured people. If he gets sick and visits the ER (since hemp doesn't cure heart attacks), then the hospital can't collect the hundreds of thousands of dollars he owes them for saving his life; so what does the hospital do? They raise the rates they charge the insurance companies, which in turn causes the insurance companies to raise our premiums. That's theft. In a world where if my opponent gets sick, the hospital can just let him die if he has no ability to pay, THEN he can have to the right to stay uninsured.

Another proof the government doesn't just care about themselves: during the Cuban Missile crisis, rather than hiding in an underground bunker, JFK stayed in the White House, risking his own life if things went sour, to solve the crisis.

Luckily, the topic doesn't say that I have to prove that the hemp ban makes sense, just that I have to prove the government cares or win the $100,000 challenge, which supposedly means just proving any of my opponent's facts about hemp's potential to be wrong.

2. All hemp is banned

My opponent asserts once again that hemp oil, hemp plastics, etc are banned in the U.S. This is false. Growing hemp is heavily restricted, but products made from hemp are not banned.

Growing hemp is also legal in 8 states, who have claimed to have permission from the DEA for statewide backing of commercial hemp production. http://www.nytimes.com...

3. EFA

My opponent basically concedes that we don't need hemp oil and if we do, we can buy it from Canada or the EU, which massively subsidize their commercial hemp industry.

4. Hemp seeds as a food

Many birds may find seeds as a primary source of food, but few humans find seeds to be a palatable main source of their diet. Sure, seeds are nutritious, but they are small, tasteless, and do not provide a significant source of calories. My opponent himself proves that you can buy hemp seeds currently in the U.S., but few people do.

He claims we need omega-3 and omega-6 acid. However, Ori Hofmekler explains in "The Anti-Estrogenic Diet" that omega-3, like soy, causes excessive estrogen production, which leads to breast cancer, muscle destruction, and fat accumulation. Omega-6, in contrast, is anti-estrogenic and is better consumed on its own.

5. Hemp could replace petroleum as a source of power

My opponent says he "did not make any claim that we need to use hemp if we stopped using petroleum." I refer you to his previous round. "If all fossil fuel . . . were banned in order to save the planet . . . then there is only one known annually renewable, natural resource that is capable of . . . meet[ing] all of the world's transportation, industrial and home energy needs." So he did say it. Well technically he didn't. He plagiarized it from Jack Herer's website http://www.konformist.com....

In my opponent's defense of hemp paper, he himself says that hemp as THREE TIMES the cellulose content of wood. The problem is, the way to make plants into energy is through cellulosic ethanol, which is not commercially viable because they are try to reproduce expensive enzymes, such as the ones in a termites stomach, that can convert cellulose into a more viable energy product. If hemp has three times more cellulose, that means converting it would be three times as expensive as converting some other plant (such as switchgrass) into energy. In fact, since switchgrass is ALREADY grown on marginal US farmland, to enrich the soil, if we ever do develop commercially viable cellulosic ethanol, we'll use the free switchgrass rather than using hemp.

6. Hemp paper

If hemp paper is cheaper and better than wood pulp paper, why aren't EU paper companies using the hemp that their government subsidizes and undercutting the U.S. paper industry? Likely because hemp paper is more expensive that wood pulp. Also, a great deal of current U.S. paper is made from recycled paper, not from a forest, so it's not exactly eco-unfriendly. In fact, 50% of US paper comes from recycled paper. http://www.tappi.org... Can hemp paper even be recycled easily?

Hemp paper, as far as consistency (if you look at or touch the Declaration of Independence, looks more like cloth because it is thick and scratchy. A pro-hemp paper producer even admits, "Tree-free papers by themselves are not appropriate for many applications." http://www.conservatree.org... Hemp paper is thicker and would be difficult to use is standard printing presses because it might clog the machines. It would definitely be too expensive to replace current paper mass production for books and newspapers. Again, hemp paper is so great, why aren't European companies selling it now and outcompeting US wood pulp paper firms.

7. Hemp as clothing

My opponent goes on another rant about how oil will destroy our planet. Personally, I believe that solar power and electric cars/plug-in hybrids are our nearest term solution to fossil fuel dependency, after researching each alternative in depth. But I've worn and really hate hemp clothing; it's REALLY uncomfortable, and has other downsides as well.

"Hemp fibre is characterised by undesirable susceptibility to moisture and rot due to moulds and mildews and the like. It is also characterized by a strong, naturally-occurring odour which makes it unacceptable as a substitute for other odourless fibres. Moreover, hemp fibre in its natural spun state is susceptible to fraying and has a rough hand and feel. A need therefore remains for a hemp product which is suitably strong, soft, flexible, moisture-resistant and rot-resistant and generally suitable for substitution in applications previously focused on the cotton, paper and petroleum-fibre industries." http://marijuanacannabis.wordpress.com...

So hemp clothes smell bad, attract mold easily, fray easily, and are extremely rough to the touch. It is currently legal in the US to sell hemp clothing; the fact few people, other than hippies, buy said clothing proves how bad, expensive, and uncomfortable it is. Banana Republic is not about to replace their synthetic blends with uncomfortable, smelly, moldy hemp.

8. Hemp is a miracle drug...

My opponent asks if I'm a doctor. I'm not. But I'm qualified to question which drugs hemp could replace, if it could replace 30% of drugs currently on the market. Which diseases does it cure? If you can't answer this, I win the $100,000 challenge since I've disproved something Jack Herer said. Pay me!

Also, hemp and marijuana are not the same. They are from the same plant, but they are two different strains, with marijuana plants having more flowers and larger THC content, and industrial hemp plants having thicker stems and leaves (and REALLY low THC content) - just like Huskies and Chihuahuas are the same species, but very different breeds. I think my opponent's evidence may be referring to reefer, not hemp. The link her provided in the last round certainly is about marijuana, not hemp, and it never proves that marijuana could replace THIRTY PERCENT of all medication in the world. Doubtful.

Some of the most commonly prescribed drugs are anti-depressants, anti-ADD medication, and erectile disfunction (ED) medication. Marijuana worsens depression, http://health.usnews.com..., makes it more difficult to concentrate, and more difficult to attain an erection since it leads to a lessening of sensation in the extremities.

So it clearly doesn't replace those 3 drugs.

My opponent asks why he'd need penicillin. Well if he doesn't want to die from strep throat, or end up in the ER costing me ridiculous amounts of money because he treated his infection with hemp seeds rather than anti-biotics and ended up with a gangrene infection from a small cut, then he SHOULD take penicillin.

Vote Con.
e2ndk

Pro

I was making a point by referencing the monetary challenge which has never been refuted. He fortunately has passed away but it may be worth a hundred grand or so to look into it if you are interested in collecting.

¨Someone had to take this...

The US government also cares about the welfare of the American people.¨
- I am still confused about your opening statement.. It just seems to me like this was a second example of w/e it is that you´re trying to say.

¨Some people may think that Obamacare was a misguided attempt to help people, but it certainly did nothing good for Barack Obama's career, so the motivation clearly wasn't self-interest.¨
- Are you trying to say that because politicians have passed bills that haven't been good for their political career, that means they care about the people?? Watch videos of people like obama promoting bills like theobamacare and compare to the actual bill(and make lists of all the thing they don't point out; see what that adds up to). Also, seeing how DOJ and politicians sworn jobs are to defend, protect, and preserve not our rights, but the limitations on government, a good bill for the people = a good milestone in a politicians career. If they had our true best interests at heart, they would never pass a bill that would end up being bad for their career.

Also i appreciate you reading the title and basing your argument on that(with your opinions on hand), but you should make sure that you understand what you are committing to debate before you jump in. I do not believe you more than skimmed what I wrote and are only interested in tying to bully your way to a ¨win". I feel this way because you brought up a topic like obamacare ignored roughly my first paragraph and then jumped all over hemp

¨My opponent claims hemp seed oil is required to get essential fatty acids (EFA's). Hemp seed oil contains 80% EFA by volume, flax seed oil is a perfect replacement with 72% EFA by volume.¨
-so you pointed out that flax seed has less efa than hemp? Be informed; itś not even about how much essential fatty acids, like you think that omega 3 is one and omega 6 is another; itś not, rather what is supporting to a healthy human is the balance of efa. I see a big misconception about protein like we need a lot of it- we do need a good amount but again itś the balance that supports a healthy environment. (i say something, you respond to it, if you ignore some of the things i say, it opens the door for miscommunication and understanding which is al ironiclly interesting bc the opposing types of fats, the trans fats, act on your brain cells as ¨communication blockers¨ which info comes from the same edu site i cited.. by the way, we are all awre the government finnally ackowledged how harmful trans fats are and banned them! yet they care about us sooooo much they madea secret deal with the people who were saving money giving us trans fats.. the deal was that if a product has less than 1 gram per serving of trans fat, the marketers can advertise and label this particular food with >1 gram of tans fat per serving to show that it has 0 grams trans fat- have you ever seen a food package that says 0 grams tans fat? be aware you are buying brain cell communication blockers for your kids) :(

Please allow my to reiterate the point i originally want to debate: If we are completely aware of, the correct ratio of efa we need to ingest thru our food, why does the government prescribe a diet that does not match the found criteria to support healthy human growth and development? I am quite sure the reason why so many ppl have emotional disorders is because their emotions, as we understand them, come from like the epicenter of brain; without the sustenance required to build brain cells, unhealthy results follow. Our bodies are so incredibly adaptable that we can take modified fats foreign to human biology and make some sort of a functioning brain cell(itś just really hard on our bodies and presents many problems down the road). I did find it amusing that you think there is a cure from heart attacks. Be aware for your own health, your heart depends on essentials fatty acids as well as everything else in your body that relies on fundamental building blocks. It would be great if we could magically cure an organ that's been beat up itś whole life wih anything. The key to this is preventative care through sounds and informed information on how to keep your body as healthy as possible(why doesn't the gov prescribe a diet that actively supports immune systems, brain, heart, and overall disease preventative?). After all, the healthier the population, the better off we all are and the cheaper our medical expenses. Now wouldn't it be nice if there was something naturally occurring that we could add into our diets that we need was the basis for what our bodies needed to support healthy brain, heart, and immune system? In the omegas, some are responsible for acting anti inflammatories. Our diet is full of inflammatories and let me know the medical conditions that don have inflammation as at last an effect from a condition if the inflammation is not the condition itself as inflammation is a precursor for most health issues but almost always a by-product. I still haven't thought of one that isn't.

If healthcare is a humanright, why should i feel at all itś something iḿ forced into? what if i don't agree with the medical establishment who is bought by the pharmaceutical industry? In medical school, doctors are taught how to treat symptoms with pills and often don't even touch the root cause of any illness, let alone get very much training on nutrition, ¨the sum of the processes by which an animal or plant takes in and utilizes food substances ¨. butif you think about it, very few medical conditions are not a factor of malnutrition.

JFK was an exception to the politicians possibly our last true one in the whitehouse.

If it was unclear, Cannabis is illegal to grow, according to the federal government. actually last time i checked, more than half of the states had hemp legislation but with footnotes that they would not pursue this crop until the federal government lifted their ban(tenth amendment)? as an advocate, i would appreciate it if you could point out where in America we are producing hemp seed, oil, paper, or any industrial use=) now we could import the hemp which we have been by the tons since this 2nd prohibition came about. even where there is legislation in place here, the farmer could not profit well because the conditions like ultimate high security systems with dogs behind 12 foot double razor blade electric fences.(that may be an exaggeration but the conditions make it much harder for why? When hemp activism grew in the 60ś and the cheech and chong movies, our government decided they would ban the word Hemp from textbooks(to prevent confusion).

-its very possible to maintain a diet with a variety of food that equals sufficient balance of efa. but our diets aren't particularly full of variety(it is estimated that as hunters and gatherers, human had at least 100 different kinds of fruits and vegetables throughout the year; count how many are in the grocery store, and who eats that much raw food anyway) we might have caught some animals we would have ate fresh, but it has only been in the last few thousand years that humans have been consuming animals milk the way we do today. how many different forms of milk are there? isn't it weird that when ppl say cream they are referring to a cows milk? I never suggested eating a plate of seeds you should learn about the culinary arts. soy produces too much estrogen because efa produces hormone and soy(esp GMO) is not a proper balance of efa for humans. itś too much of only part of what we need

continuedincomment
bluesteel

Con

Thanks for the debate e2.

I'm not going to answer my opponent's arguments from the comments section - those are comments, not arguments. There's a character limit for a reason.

1) The topic - does government care about anything other than self-interest

My opponent claims I skipped his first paragraph and just started talking about hemp. His first paragraph was about EFA's, which he immediately related to hemp oil. I argued against the topic and what he actually argued.

He claims that if politicians had OUR interests, they'd NEVER pass a bill that would be bad for their careers. But politicians must sometimes force their constituents to make tough choices that ultimately is in the country's best interest. If a politician does something that is not in their own interest, it clearly refutes the resolution.

My opponent never answers how JFK risked his own life during the Cuban Missile Crisis. Actually, later he says that JFK was the one exception - I'm sure he'd keep saying that to every example I bring up. LBJ made such tough decisions for the country, and he did not even seek re-election. http://www.historyplace.com... He was clearly not making these decisions (Civil Rights Act, tough war decisions) to benefit his own political career.

So government obviously care about things other than themselves. I really don't understand how banning hemp benefits any political careers anyways.

2) Trans fat

The trans fat revolution initially happened because of lobbyist groups that ran campaigns against McDonald's and other fast food chains for having saturated fat and forced them to replace it with trans fat. The big chain restaurants all voluntary switched to what was ultimately found to be a LESS health form of cooking oil, BUT government had nothing to do with this switch (according to the documentary called "The Fast Food Diet."

3) Government recommended diet

My opponent never provided evidence that the government recommended diet is unhealthy. In fact, the USDA food pyramid is a little carb heavy, but it is the perfect diet for ectomorphic body types. In contrast, endomorphic body types should consume fewer carbs and more protein. All diets really depend on the person and few people blindly follow USDA recommendations, as evidenced by how few people eat the USDA recommended 3-4 servings of fruits and vegetables each day. All of this has little, however, to do with essential fatty acids.

My opponent recommends people take omega supplements. The typical omega supplements taken in the US are fish oil and flax seed oil. Personally, I prefer flax seed oil, taken in pill form. You can eat hemp seed oil, I suppose, if you prefer. However, remember that Ori Hofmekler recommends you limit your intake of omega-3 and try to increase your intake of omega-6.

4) Medicine

In my opponent's last round, he asks why he should be forced into something. I already explained how his use of the emergency room, as an uninsured person, is just robbing money from insured people. His other justification is that NO MEDICINE treats the root cause of disease. That's just silly. Penicillin kills the harmful bacteria that cause certain diseases (syphilis, strep and other infections), HIV meds treat the HIV virus, etc. Changing your diet cannot cure all diseases, as my opponent asserts. He claims, without evidence, that most maladies are from malnutrition. I've seen people claim, on the other end, that fasting for 3 weeks can cure all maladies because we eat too many toxins in our diet. So which is it: do we eat too much or too little?

5) States can't grow it

I provided evidence that 8 states legalized the growth of hemp. My opponent never refutes this directly. He claims it's too expensive because bandits will try to steal the plants unless they are protected by dogs and fences, but remember, hemp does not have enough THC content to be used as a drug, so there's no point in stealing it.

6) EFA

My opponent claims again that we need the correct balance of EFA and that we shouldn't drink milk. This is just ridiculous. Supplement your diet to get omega-3, 6 and 9, if you want. But we also need milk, since our bodies require calcium. Our bones completely rebuild themselves every 6 months. If we don't drink enough calcium, they rebuild themselves weaker each time, since calcium is the building block of bones.

My opponent seems to claim we should eat raw meat in his last round. That's just weird - raw food advocates claim we should eat CURED meat, i.e. salted and AGED meat, which is never cooked. But eating meat "raw" or "fresh" as my opponent suggests, is extremely dangerous and there is no evidence humans ever did that.

Since I'm not gonna refute the comments section, that's all I have. I should win $100,000 since my opponent drops all my arguments that hemp cannot cure all our energy needs and replace petroleum, that it sucks for clothing, and that it cannot replace the paper we currently use. If it WAS better and cheaper, people would already buy hemp clothes and paper from Canada or the EU. But hemp sincerely sucks.

My opponent also never substantiates the claim that 30% of medicine can be replaced by hemp, so I guess I really do win $100,000. Awesome. If my opponent is an honorable person, he will collect the $100,000 and mail it to me. I'd be happy to provide him with a PO box where he can send it.

Negated.
Posted by e2ndk 5 years ago
e2ndk
A fool would believe everything he is told; a cynic, synonymous with pessimist, will disbelieve. I learned my grammar(which iḿ hurt:( offends you enough to comment) in the hills of Pennsylvania from a little library nook we designed in when we built our house, and my family has been here since well before America was founded. igg
Posted by e2ndk 5 years ago
e2ndk
..so yes you think its ok that taxes be forced onto the public? What I cant understand is why its ok for people who cant support their own should be taxed to pay for money that the federal reserve never had the true authority to print currency for us because congress never had the authority to abridge the privilege of producing sound money?

The whole point of this was to prevent us from being taxed on our money.. but congress botched that and put themselves in a position deserving treason as they handed a private establishment their job to produce sound currency. It was the people who allowed this to happen but i would say could be applied against the people in congress today, or at least those who think itś ok to place their unabridgeable responsibility into the hands of a private corporation.

Iĺl just throw it out there, Iḿ for a resource based economy.

Bottomline truth is you still havent listen/read/processed much of what i said because im pretty sure i did explain that things like flax and soy do have a good amount of efa in them.. I continue to try to help you understand that it is not important for anyone to consume just a lot of efa(proteins), but the proper balance of efa for human health(not a cows!).
Posted by bluesteel 5 years ago
bluesteel
Medicare is payed through payroll taxes (automatically deducted from your paycheck), NOT income tax. If you raise Medicare benefits, you SHOULD raise the payroll tax to pay for it.

What is the bottom line truth? That hemp is a slightly better source of EFA than flax seed oil? GASP. You have shown me the true way, e2, and I truly thank you.

You're right - english wasn't my best subject - it was chemistry. But English was a close second. Do you really believe that you are the bastion of truth and a shining exemplar wielder of the English word? Or do you even understand what half those words mean?
Posted by e2ndk 5 years ago
e2ndk
I never should have said anything about medicare because i know nothing on the subject and I relayed heresay without substantiating it first. Plus it functioned as a distraction from the subject. But unfunded Iḿ confused about; do you think that taxes should be levied on the public to pay for others? Philanthropic organizations can raise money for the needy- the burden shouldn't be forced onto the public for a good portion of that collected money to be lost in a sea of bureaucratise. It also happens to be an insufficient entity which is clearly failing. Dont feel like answering? or dont feel like debating? I had to say what i had to in response to what you said; it doesn't matter how many characters there are what matters is the truth that weighs in and you sir, are a cold steel soul who is not open or truly interested in the bottom line truth. If you were here purely for debating purposes, you would not have responded in that manner or demeanour; frankly, blue, you sound a bit under the fascism/media spell perhaps english is not your best subject as you seem to have had much difficulty keeping up with this debate since it started.
Posted by bluesteel 5 years ago
bluesteel
don't feel like answering all of this, but the top comment - Medicare Part D was never cancelled, but honestly, it should never have been passed by Bush in the first place, since it was unfunded (if you give out more benefits, you should raise how much people have to pay in, which Bush didn't)

question to you e2ndk, are you a native English speaker?
Posted by e2ndk 5 years ago
e2ndk
i just heard obamcare reviewed itself and cares so much about us, they discontinued part D where people with chronic conditions get their prescription benefits from
Posted by e2ndk 5 years ago
e2ndk
ok so after you read my argument goes from the bottom up in this comment selection
Posted by e2ndk 5 years ago
e2ndk
Compared to healthy tissue, cancer cells are deficient in delta-6 desaturase, the enzyme needed to convert either EFA to higher omega-3 and -6 fatty acids. Several of these higher PUFAs, including GLA, have shown to selectively destroy cancerous cells. Other studies also suggest that higher PUFAs may in fact slow down progression of common cancers, such as breast and prostrate cancer. (All male species have cannabinoid receptors in their testis - refer to research data base on this website.)
Further research on dietary supplementation of EFAs, GLA and other omega-3 and omega-6 PUFAs suggests improvements in the treatment of chronic depression, postpartum depression, attention deficit disorder, and schizophrenic psychosis, among other afflictions.
http://www.hempforus.com...

also see what Dr. oz has to say
http://www.doctoroz.com...

PS i do not have any infections or anything thanks to the true natural anti bacterial and fungal effects which is more than you could say for any conventional soap.

http://azgreenmagazine.com...
Posted by e2ndk 5 years ago
e2ndk
PMS and Menopause: PMS, or premenstrual syndrome, affects many women before the onset of their monthly period. It can cause depression, irritability, swelling of the breasts, and painful muscular tension. Studies show that women with PMS suffer from a disorder in the metabolism of fatty acid that also slows the conversion of linoleic acid to GLA and prostaglandins. A daily dose of 150-200 milligrams of GLA (corresponding to one teaspoon of hemp oil, or three teaspoons of hemp seed nuts) over a twelve-week period significantly improved PMS-related symptoms in clinical studies. Menopausal symptoms such as dry skin, hot flashes, night sweats, mood swings, and drying of the vaginal and bladder mucous membranes may also be alleviated by dietary EFA supplementation.
Other Therapeutic Benefits A dysfunctional fatty-acid metabolism also seems to contribute to the following diseases. The potential benefits of EFAs and higher omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids in their treatment require further study.
Multiple sclerosis (MS), a chronic neurological autoimmune disease, occurs more frequently in the northern industrialized regions of the world, where, incidentally, the diet also includes a disproportionately low ratio of unsaturated fats. Studies have suggested a link between abnormal EFA metabolism and progression of the MS symptoms, possibly due to a defective enzyme system. MS patients may be unable to convert EFAs to the higher PUFAs. Some studies indicate that dietary supplementation with EFAs or GLA will lead to improvements. (Refer to Cannabonid Receptors recorded in research data base on this website).
Diabetes is a chronic endocrine disease. In juveniles, it is usually caused by a lack of the hormone insulin regulates the uptake of blood sugar (glucose) by tissue cells. In adult diabetes, sufficient insulin is produced. Yet, the cells have become resistant to it and don't take up glucose sufficiently fast after a meal. This insulin resistance may cause unusual thirst,
Posted by e2ndk 5 years ago
e2ndk
heumatoid Arthritis and Other Inflammatory Diseases Patients with rheumatoid arthritis suffer from joints that are chronically inflamed, causing pain, immobility, and eventual deformation of the joints. Some fatty acids, including GLA, and their metabolites, the prostaglandins, have well-known anti- inflammatory and immune-system-stimulating properties. Daily oral administration of 1.2 to 1.4 grams of GLA over a period of twelve weeks was found to reduce the symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis significantly, without causing side effects. Clinical studies have also shown that intake of omega-3 fatty acids has anti-inflammatory effects in the treatment of chronic bladder infection and inflammatory bowel diseases such as ulcerative colitis and Crohn's disease. Finally, PUFA intake may reduce the risk of serious inflammatory complications following surgery.
Osteoporosis, the gradual decay of the bones with age, is caused by a loss of bone substance, particularly calcium. Back pain, height loss, a curved spine, and easily fracturing bones are its effects. Osteoporosis is usually accompanied by the calcification of arteries and kidneys - a frequent cause of vascular deaths, particularly in women. Animal studies have shown the EFA deficiency can cause severe osteoporosis. Likewise, dietary supplementation with EFAs increases calcium absorption from the gut, reduces urinary excretion, increases calcium desposition in bones, and enhances bone- collagen synthesis, there improving bone strength. The effects were attributed to an increase in circulating prostaglandins, metabolites of the EFAs. Supplementation with the higher omega-6 fatty acid GLA was even more effective. Thus hemp seeds nuts and their oil, with its moderate content of GLA and well- balanced ratio of EFAs helps to prevent osteoporosis.
Vote Placed by F-16_Fighting_Falcon 5 years ago
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
e2ndkbluesteelTied
Reasons for voting decision: Troll didn't know how to write a resolution.
Vote Placed by Lickdafoot 5 years ago
Lickdafoot
e2ndkbluesteelTied
Reasons for voting decision: pro doesn't really talk about the resolution at hand, yet keeps questioning why con mentioned it. Nonetheless, i had a fun time reading con demolish pro's case. Con wins arguments for looking at hemp's value realistically, and conduct for not being baited by pro's attacks.
Vote Placed by Man-is-good 5 years ago
Man-is-good
e2ndkbluesteelTied
Reasons for voting decision: e2ndk loses points for conduct when he disparaged Bluesteel and also argued in the comments page...(and plagariazing from the website). Oddly, his arguments were incoherent and not well-structured, with each of its points (whatever its sole meaning) destroyed by bluesteel's....Sad indeed for someone as passionate as Pro here...
Vote Placed by Double_R 5 years ago
Double_R
e2ndkbluesteelTied
Reasons for voting decision: Strange debate. I couldn't understand what Pro was talking about half the time but Con managed to refute whatever he was saying, so he was certainly more convincing. Conduct to Con for Pros attacks stating that his opponent was not informed and for arguing in the comments. Spelling and Grammar is obvious. I would advise Pro to use spell check in the future.
Vote Placed by RoyLatham 5 years ago
RoyLatham
e2ndkbluesteelTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro is incoherent. Con took every reasonable interpretation of what Pro was saying and carefully refuted them all. Pro needs to write a clear resolution, support his argument with specific sources, organize his arguments, and run the spell checker. Not a close debate.
Vote Placed by 000ike 5 years ago
000ike
e2ndkbluesteelTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro's argument was choppy and incoherent, poorly written, shoddy, and assertive. No where in his argument did he link the derailment of hemp to the original resolution. He therefore loses both arguments and S/G.