The American War on Drugs should be ended

Voting Style: Open Point System: Select Winner

Pro= I will be going over why we should end the war on drugs, what other problems it feeds or leads into, and even suggest alternatives to combat drug use.

Clarification of my position= I am not going against preventing people from using drugs I am just going against the methods used and this "war" itself.

Con= Usually the Con is the offensive side but in this debate the con will be the defensive. Main reason is obviously because the way the resolution is worded but also because this War is getting a lot of heat recently. Basically prove the war on drugs shouldn't be ended, maybe show its effective since that's mainly where politicians and people are focusing on that it's not effective.

I am looking to debate someone around my age around 18 just to see what people around my age think. If no one accepts the debate in the next 3 days I will expand he age rage to 18-25.

I accept. In my arguments, I will show three main things.
1. The War on Drugs is too costly
2. The War on Drugs causes more crime
3. Jailing all the offenders is also too costly
I look forward to a fun and fair debate!

I FF this round I put myself on the wrong side and I don't have any reasons for the war on drugs not being ended. I will repost this with me on the right side. Sorry to my opponent.

Aww, unfortunate. I debated something similar to this once and lost, but for the stupidest reasons and wanted another go at it. I guess vote Aff since my opponent agrees with me. Drugs are bad, but that doesn't justify war!

Vote aff I chose the wrong side. I am not just against this but mortally against Tia because of the negative up acts it has had on society I forfeit basically
Posted by moneystacker 9 months ago
oh hold up I have to forfeit this I put myself on the wrong side i'll post another with myself on the side for ending war against drugs. My bad to opponent.
Posted by moneystacker 9 months ago
yeah the reason I'm doing it because others are and I really wanted to debate on this.
Posted by The-Voice-of-Truth 9 months ago
I click on "debates," and the first 3 are Drugs this and Marijuana that.
Posted by moneystacker 9 months ago
I mean clarification/ acceptance no debate
Posted by moneystacker 9 months ago
First round is for clarification/debate. Also you are welcome to argue that the war on drugs really isn't the war on drugs, that the perception of the war is wrong .. someone bought that up but it will not really help defend the war on drugs itself much tbh. You are trying to support the war on drugs after and hating on its name doesn't help.
Vote Placed by TheKryken 9 months ago
Who won the debate:-Vote Checkmark
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeit