dchri43
Russia_The_almighty

The Anaheim Ducks will win the 2015 Stanley Cup

Russia_The_almighty
Started: 4/29/2015 Category: Sports

dchri43

Pro

The Ducks have a very strong chance at winning. They had a clean sweep through the first round and have the ability to do it for the rest of the play offs. Tell me your opinion and who you think will win it
Russia_The_almighty

Con

The Anaheim Ducks will not win. Here is a definition on google proving it.
will-Expressing inevitable events
inevitable-certain to happen; unavoidable
certain-known for sure; established beyond doubt
I do not believe it is inevitable that they will win. It is not yet established beyond doubt. They have a chance at winning, but it is not certain. If I had to choose a team to root for, I'd have to root for the Lightnings ONLY because they are my home team. While you said they have a strong chance at winning, that means it is probable, NOT inevitable.
If I had to choose the one that I believe will win I still think the Lightning have a chance to win, but since they are facing the Red Wings at this very moment I am typing, I will have to wait to see who I will root for. If The Lightnings win, then them. If the Red Wings win, then I will root for them since they were able to win.
https://www.google.com...
https://www.google.com...
dchri43

Pro

I beleive that the Ducks will win going on past knowledge. In the first round they did not lose one game. Whereas the lightning had to play all 7 games of the first round. Going on that, the ducks have a better chance at winning than any other team as they are the only team to not lose a game. I beleive they will win on the previous statistics that have been given to me. They are the seeming best to win the 2015 Stanley Cup.
Russia_The_almighty

Con

They have the good chance yes, but that does not mean they WILL win. Initially many thought the Redwings would beat The Lightnings, but we prevailed. Now that The Lightnings have them out of the way, we have a good chance against Montreal. The Anaheim Ducks may have a good chance true, but that does not mean they WILL win. Who knows, maybe their star player gets a major injury? Maybe they lose three games next round? Anything can happen.
dchri43

Pro

dchri43 forfeited this round.
Russia_The_almighty

Con

Vote con!
Vote Placed by tejretics 2 years ago
tejretics
dchri43Russia_The_almightyTied
Reasons for voting decision: Conduct to Con because of the forfeiture. Pro frequently made bare assertions and provided inductive arguments, rather non-sufficient to *prove* the Anaheim Ducks will, without any doubt, win the Stanley Cup. As Con pointed out, their victory is *POSSIBLE* or even probable, but not *definite*. Pro failed to fulfil their huge BoP, thus arguments go to Con. Con also used the only sources in the debate. 6 points to Con. As always, happy to clarify this (rather short, I may add) RFD.