Sam-sinha
Tvirus

The Ancient Astronaut 'Theory' Has Tangible Evidence

Sam-sinha

Con

I invite my opponent to come forward if he/she supports the proposition. Well, I am against the so-called 'theory' and I consider it as fringe-science. But I want to hear my opponent's arguments and try to debunk it(if it seems wrong to me). If I agree with the opponent, I will confess that.

In the first round, I will not make any comment about the 'theory'. I invite my opponent to show his/her logic in the 1st round. Thank you.

Tvirus

Pro

Indeed, some of these theories suggests that gods from most -- if not all -- religions are actually extraterrestrial beings, and their technologies were mistaken for divine entities by primitive man.[1][2] While no peer-reviewed scientific journal validates such claims, these theories have been popularized, particularly in the latter half of the 20th century, by writers Erich von D"niken, Zecharia Sitchin and others.[3]

Ancient astronaut theories also may include the idea that civilization may have evolved on earth twice, and that the visitation of ancient astronauts may reflect the return of descendants of ancient humans whose population was separated from earthbound humans.

Proponents of ancient astronaut theories point to what they perceive as gaps in historical and archaeological records and also what they see as an absence of definitive explanations in certain contexts from the archaeological sciences.

Advocates of these theories put forward as evidence their interpretations of various archaeological artifacts, which they deem to have been anachronistic or beyond the presumed technical capabilities of the historical cultures they are associated with. Another common theme relies upon the interpretation of depictions in certain ancient artworks as being representations of actual extraterrestrial visitors as realized by the contacted cultures.

Critics maintain, however, that any gaps in contemporary knowledge of the past do not demonstrate that such speculative ideas are a necessary, or even plausible, conclusion to draw from the available data. A number of ancient astronaut claims are made in direct opposition to the consensus scientific interpretation of evidence and to legitimate scientific explanations. The scientific community remains generally skeptical, and the dominant view is that there is no actual evidence to support ancient astronaut and paleocontact theories.[4]

Ancient astronaut theories may be considered a subset of paleocontact theory, a hypothesis that intelligent extraterrestrials have visited Earth. Carl Sagan, I.S. Shklovskii and Hermann Oberth are three notable scientists who have seriously considered this possibility.

Details

Ancient astronaut adherents often claim that humans are either descendants or creations of beings who landed on Earth millennia ago. An associated theory is that much of human knowledge, religion and culture came from extraterrestrial visitors in ancient times. Ancient astronauts acted as a "mother culture".Ancient Aliens - What's the proof?

The History channel recently ran a TV series called "Ancient Aliens"; http://www.history.com.... The whole theory is that instead of us humans evolving as Charles Darwin suggested, instead Ancient Aliens came here to planet earth and put us here. So if the theory was right, the aliens would be US!. We would be the descendants of the aliens. In other words, the aliens are human beings just like us and they came here to colonize this planet! As thousands of years have gone by, we simply forgot where we originally came from because we did not write it down clearly enough for further generations to understand.

So the Ancient Aliens theory suggests all the massive monuments around the world like the pyramids in Egypt and the Mayan temples and stuff were all built with "alien technology" by our fore-fathers. In other words, WE BUILT THEM! But we just forgot we did it because we did not write this down clearly enough!

Today, mainstream science tells us we evolved from the apes and we have no proper 100% proof of Ancient Aliens. So science tells us we evolved!

This is my question;
What would be 100% proof of Ancient Aliens?

Its difficult, but we can just about explain how they built the pyramids and the other ancient monuments around the world with simple technology. So what would be 100% proof that Ancient Aliens built the pyramids and NOT mankind evolving, becoming clever and building big structures?

My suggested proof would be;
1. Finding a buried spaceship under a pyramid or other ancient structure.
2. Finding an alien humanoid type skeleton with a massive brain. But this would be unlikely if the aliens look just like us!
3. Wouldn't it be 100% proof if archaeologists dug up some ancient text book with scientific drawings in Egypt or Mexico?
4. Finding ancient pictures of DNA or something like that? Science they could not have known thousands of years ago.
Sam-sinha

Con

What are you talking about? I am against the so-called 'theory'. So I invited anyone to make argument in favour of the 'theory'. But where did you make that? No precise claim, only assertive propositions.
Tvirus

Pro

I read your claim and I was saying reasons why it's real
Sam-sinha

Con

I thought that I would ask you to make claims with info. You just asserted what the theory says. What can I on the basis of that? ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. It is a waste.
Tvirus

Pro

What Is The Evidence That Thrive Relies On To Claim Ancient Astronauts Are Real?

The answer to this question is simple: none whatsoever. All of the claims made in Thrive about ancient astronauts are based on the same basic assumption: that ancient peoples couldn"t possibly have built this or that structure, or known about this concept or that concept, and therefore this "proves" that they must have been given these ideas by a superior intelligence.

That"s it. That"s all the Thrive movie has to support its claims about ancient astronauts. No evidence at all. Just an assumption followed by a supposition, neither of which are logically or factually supportable.

Example: at 18:45 of the film, Foster Gamble, finishing up his talk about the 64-circled "Flower of Life" design, says, "Is it a coincidence that this design appears on two different continents?" We have already seen on this blog that the Thrive movie"s claims about the "Flower of Life" being "burned into the structure of the rock" are false, and that the makers have acknowledged that they are false. Later, trying to link the number 64 with recent discoveries about human DNA, Gamble says of ancient peoples (at 20:02), "But how on earth did they know about it?"

This assumption is nothing less than a frontal assault on human intelligence. Mr. Gamble and Mr. Haramein are suggesting that ancient peoples were so stupid, simple-minded and helpless that they couldn"t have come up with anything worthwhile unless that knowledge was given to them by aliens.

There is also another incorrect assumption lying behind this one: that knowledge of science and technology in the modern world is always a perfectly linear expansion, that nothing that has ever been known or discovered in human history has ever been lost or forgotten, and that modern understandings of science and engineering are the sina qua non of intelligence. That is to say, if we can"t explain how the Egyptians built a pyramid in terms roughly analogous to understanding of the processes of building the Empire State Building, this precludes the possibility that the pyramids could have been built by humans.

Although it appeals to an extraterrestrial designer rather than a divine one, ancient astronaut theories are similar in reasoning (or lack thereof) to young-earth creationism and "Intelligent Design." Right away this should tell you that ancient astronauts are not a rational explanation for the concepts or creations of ancient peoples.
Sam-sinha

Con

Voters, PLEASE MAKE ME LOSE THIS DEBATE. Because, my opponent seems to be on the same side. At least, my opponent's argument is in my favour. I do not need to say anything.
Tvirus

Pro

I only agree with things with high proof and this subject has little proof
Sam-sinha

Con

That means you are quite on my side. Why did you join the debate?
Tvirus

Pro

I was going to leave you a comment but I acedently accepted it sorry but why don't you believe this theory
Posted by Sam-sinha 3 years ago
Sam-sinha
Don't laugh. This guy does the same thing everywhere.
Posted by Sswdwm 3 years ago
Sswdwm
Lol
Posted by Sam-sinha 3 years ago
Sam-sinha
And what did I 'claim'? I'm against a claim.
Posted by Sam-sinha 3 years ago
Sam-sinha
To my opponent -

You did not make any precise claim. Instead, you asked for proof. What!! The burden of proof is on you, isn't it? :D