A.WitherspoonVI
johnlubba

The Ancient Astronaut Theory Is Supported By Evidence.

johnlubba

A.WitherspoonVI

Con

PRO must provide evidence that the Ancient Astronaut Theory has Evidence to substantiate their Hypothesises.

CON must refute the evidence provided.

Ancient Astronaut Theory:
purported intelligent extraterrestrial beings said to have visited Earth in antiquity or prehistory and made contact with humans. Proponents suggest that this contact influenced the development of human culture, technologies, and religions.
johnlubba

Pro

I would like to thank A.WitherspoonsVI, for creating this interesting debate.

I Would also like to clarify my position in this debate, I will be taking the position of Pro, and support the idea that the ancient aliens or astronaut theory, indeed has evidence to support it.

Definition of Substantiate....

3. to affirm as having substance; strengthen:

http://www.thefreedictionary.com......

I will state, that it is not my duty to provide proof that ancient aliens did in-fact visit the earth and influence ancient cultures, but I am taking on the task of casting doubt weather or not aliens might have visited the earth, I do not intend to shirk any burden by posing my argument as such, but my attempt will be to provide evidence which supports the idea that leaves us with the conclusion where we are not sure if they haven't either, If my opponent manages to rebuttal all the arguments I put forward and can remove the doubt from the audiences mind, then my opponent is to be awarded the victory, however, if my opponent fails to convince me and the audience that the evidence I am about to present is invalid, then I have achieved my burden, and proved that the ancient aliens theory, does indeed have evidence to support it or to substantiate it, Which I define as strengthening the claim.

Now I shall begin by presenting my first piece of evidence that supports the idea that ancient aliens may have in-fact visited primitive man in the past.

Firstly I would like to bring to everyone attention, The Vedic literature, The Vedas in particular are the oldest and most complete compiled philosophical texts on the planet. I would also like to offer some quotes by famous scientists and personalities who have expressed their views on the richness the Vedic literature provides us today.

Marquis Pierre Simon de Laplace ( 1749-1827) French mathematician, philosopher, and astronomer, a contemporary of Napoleon. Laplace is best known for his nebular hypothesis of the origin of the solar system. wrote:

"Nevertheless the ancient reputation of the Indians does not permit us to doubt that they have always cultivated astronomy, and the remarkable exactness of the mean motions which they assign to the Sun and the Moon necessarily required very ancient observation."

Carl Sagan stated, "Vedic Cosmology is the only one in which the time scales correspond to those of modern scientific cosmology."

Nobel laureate Count Maurice Maeterlinck wrote of: "a Cosmogony which no European conception has ever surpassed."

Arthur Schopenhauer, the famed German philosopher and writer, wrote that: I "...encounter [in the Vedas] deep, original, lofty thoughts... suffused with a high and holy seriousness."

The well-known early American writer Ralph Waldo Emerson, read the Vedas daily. Emerson wrote: "I owed a magnificent day to the Bhagavat-Gita"

Henry David Thoreau said: "In the morning I bathe my intellect in the stupendous philosophy of the Bhagavad Gita... in comparison with which... our modern world and its literature seems puny and trivial."

http://www.archaeologyonline.net...

And last but not least,

Access to the Vedas is the greatest privilege this century may claim over all previous centuries.

J. Robert Oppenheimer

http://www.hinduhumanrights.info...

Above I have offered many great thinkers opinions of the Vedic literature and their suggestions of the wealth it can provide...

Now I would like to address some of the things contained in the Vedas, such as the admittance to their being space craft in ancient times, and also technologies that would resemble space craft and also atomic weapons. Remember, these scriptures are thousands of years old, so how can they contain information about visitations and flying air craft so many years before modern man achieved the technology..... Either way what I am about to show you is evidence contained within the texts that supports the idea that an advanced civilisation, not of this world, were in-fact amongst us here on earth.....

The Vedas are full of descriptions of flying vehicles called, Vimanas, or flying machines, and below I will offer the description given in the texts.

I don't think I am able to construct my argument for this as well as the web site I am about to offer has, so I will take a few exerts and then copy the link and encourage the audience to view the link provided further for a much more elaborate explanation,

This exert is eerie similar to describing an atomic bomb.

The ancient Mahabharata, one of the sources on Vimanas, goes on to tell the awesome destructiveness of the war:

"...(the weapon was) a single projectile charged with all the power of the Universe. An incandescent column of smoke and flame as bright as the thousand suns rose in all its splendor. An iron thunderbolt, a gigantic messenger of death, which reduced to ashes the entire race of the Vrishnis and the Andhakas. The corpses were so burned as to be unrecognizable. The hair and nails fell out; pottery broke without apparent cause, and the birds turned white.... after a few hours all foodstuffs were infected.... to escape from this fire, the soldiers threw themselves in streams to wash themselves and their equipment

Also

Many other terrible weapons are described, quite matter of fact, in the Mahabharata, but the most fearsome of all is the one used against the Vrishis. The narrative records:

Gurkha flying in his swift and powerful Vimana hurled against the three cities of the Vrishis and Andhakas a single projectile charged with all the power of the Universe. An incandescent column of smoke and fire, as brilliant as ten thousands suns, rose in all its splendor. It was the unknown weapon, the Iron Thunderbolt, a gigantic messenger of death which reduced to ashes the entire race of the Vrishnis and Andhakas

Another example: there is a passage in the Ramayana which reads:

The Puspaka car that resembles the Sun and belongs to my brother was brought by the powerful Ravan; that aerial and excellent car going everywhere at will.... that car resembling a bright cloud in the sky. ".. and the King [Rama] got in, and the excellent car at the command of the Raghira, rose up into the higher atmosphere."

I would encourage the reader to follow the link below and read the whole content of the information offered.

http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

Conclusion:

I have offered ample amounts of evidence from ancient texts that give credence to the idea that we have indeed been visited from a more advanced civilisation and handing over technologies to primitive in an attempt to help guide them to a better more comfortable way of life. The resolution has been negated, as it's clear their is evidence for man describing space craft thousands of years before it became available to modern man.

I thank my opponent and look forward to hearing a response.
A.WitherspoonVI

Con

A.WitherspoonVI forfeited this round.
johnlubba

Pro

Great!!! my opponents account is no longer active, and this is the third forfeit in a row by three different opponents...

I was finding this debate a tough one to tackle, it would have been fun to hear Con deconstruct my argument, and I was going to hit Con from all kinds of angles in my remaining rounds. I was looking forward to this being a good debate.....

Oh well......
A.WitherspoonVI

Con

A.WitherspoonVI forfeited this round.
johnlubba

Pro

You hesitate to stab me with a word, and know not - silence is the sharper sword.

- Samuel Johnson
A.WitherspoonVI

Con

A.WitherspoonVI forfeited this round.
johnlubba

Pro

"If Alien was my friend, I'd like to be with him when he went to the dentist. When they started drilling, he'd probably go nuts and start eating everybody. That Alien!"

- Jack Handy
A.WitherspoonVI

Con

A.WitherspoonVI forfeited this round.
johnlubba

Pro

"Hell, I never vote for anybody, I always vote against."

W. C. Fields
Posted by 1Percenter 4 years ago
1Percenter
@JorgeLucas Existential fallacy.
Posted by A.WitherspoonVI 4 years ago
A.WitherspoonVI
Ancient Astronaut Theory:
Posted by JorgeLucas 4 years ago
JorgeLucas
Everyone from Ancient times is dead
Neil Armstrong is dead
Neil Armstrong was an astronaut
Therefore, Neil Armstrong is an ancient astronaut
Therefore, ancient astronauts exist.
QED BROS
Posted by A.WitherspoonVI 4 years ago
A.WitherspoonVI
Also No Evidence in the Final Round!
Vote Placed by Ragnar 4 years ago
Ragnar
A.WitherspoonVIjohnlubbaTied
Reasons for voting decision: FF... I think such ideas have no place on the history channel (I thought south park was joking...), yet it would seem there is evidence that could support such, just not prove it.
Vote Placed by gordonjames 4 years ago
gordonjames
A.WitherspoonVIjohnlubbaTied
Vote Placed by 1Devilsadvocate 4 years ago
1Devilsadvocate
A.WitherspoonVIjohnlubbaTied
Reasons for voting decision: F.F.
Vote Placed by airmax1227 4 years ago
airmax1227
A.WitherspoonVIjohnlubbaTied