TheAwesomeRuler
Huntman123

The Ancient Indians were Ahead of their time

Huntman123

TheAwesomeRuler

Pro

1st round to accept the Challenge.
This would be fun!
Huntman123

Con

To define someone as ahead of their time, is to suggest they surpass what was expected of them to complete in their given period of time. The Native Americans only advantage over the known world would be their farming which was only better because they had crops that didn't even exist in the Eastern Hemisphere. Perhaps looking at the bow and arrow or their impressive calendars, which do not require a leap year, would suffice for calling them "ahead of their time."

Although it's interesting the Native Americans invented the exact same bow and arrow used in the later days of the knowledge trading Europe and Asia, the first inventing and use of the bow was in 30,000 BC which makes the existence of it in the West to be expected.

The Mayan (I believe it was the Mayans) calendar was in fact more advanced than even the calendar we use today, in regards to it's time being perfect and not needing a leap year. But the calendar is only perfect because, to them, it needed to be perfect. While the Eastern hemisphere's religions dealt with polytheism and monotheism, the Native Americans "border-line" worshiped nature and everything about it. They have months in their calendar as well, and for example what we call January some tribes called "Strong Cold Moon," (reference at http://www.native-net.org...). Time was apart of the nature they were so fond of and were much more likely to put the resources they had to make it as perfect as possible. Considering all the generations that passed, and (at least basic) mathematics that were clearly existent due to their architecture, it would be a disappointing culture had they not been able to complete a calendar without fault. But then one has to ask why the Europeans and Asians didn't make a perfect calendar. With their advanced mathematics and knowledge they could easily create a perfect calendar, correct? Well, why haven't we made one in the modern era, or at least adopted the Mayans time-frame. Because why change something that already works. History has already been recorded using the current 12 month calendar so why make it difficult on modern and future generations to understand what once was when there is absolutely no reason to.

If I were to define someone as ahead of their time, I would not choose the Native Americans. I would choose their conquerors.
TheAwesomeRuler

Pro

TheAwesomeRuler forfeited this round.
Huntman123

Con

Round 2 has now fallen through the portal to hell, usually located below my desk which has a nasty appetite for my pencil erasers
TheAwesomeRuler

Pro

TheAwesomeRuler forfeited this round.
Huntman123

Con

Huntman123 forfeited this round.
TheAwesomeRuler

Pro

TheAwesomeRuler forfeited this round.
Huntman123

Con

Huntman123 forfeited this round.
TheAwesomeRuler

Pro

TheAwesomeRuler forfeited this round.
Huntman123

Con

Huntman123 forfeited this round.
Posted by TheAwesomeRuler 3 years ago
TheAwesomeRuler
Soz wasnt here can you skip round 2, let me put my evidence in round 3 THx
Vote Placed by johnlubba 3 years ago
johnlubba
TheAwesomeRulerHuntman123Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Con broke the first round is for acceptance rule, and I was keen to see Pro defend the resolution, only he never showed up to the debate so arguments go to Con.