wolf902
yomama12

The Autobots would defeat the Decepticons.

yomama12

wolf902

Con

-PLEASE ACCEPT CHALLENGE, I REALLY WANT TO DEBATE-
The Decepticons would defeat the Autobots for the following reasons:
The Decepticons, according to IDW Classic Transformers Volume One, had a massive fighting force that took over Cybertron because Optimus Prime and a handful of other Autobots on board the Ark crashed into Earth. Meanwhile, the Decepticon Army has the Phase Sixers, which were Heretech, Overlord, Sixshot, and Black Shadow. The Decepticons also have the legendary DJD (Decepticon Justice Division), which has never been defeated. The scientist Shockwave, the communications officer Soundwave, the traitor Starscream and the Headmaster Scorponok all belong to this powerful armada.
yomama12

Pro

The Autobots would win for the following reasons:

* They have such bots as: the Twins, Mudflap, and Skids, the medic Ratchet, Sideswipe, Bumblebee, and of course, the leader Optimus Prime. And don't go saying "but Yomama, Megatron killed Optimus that one time", because we all know, and since he revived, now the Autobots have the thing that can revive them.

*In every single movie/video game I have ever seen, the good guys always win.

*About half of the Decepticons, StarScream, Megatron, and that giant thing made of different construction equipment, all died in the Third Movie.

I await my opponent's rebuttals. Thanks for the chance to debate this.
wolf902

Con

However, in the IDW Comics, the Decepticons had control over all of Cybertron, and the Autobots were forced to leave Earth (All Hail Megatron) and Cybertron became a wasteland (Infiltration, Ironhide). The Decepticon Justice Division (Tarn, Vos, Kaon, Helex, Tesaurus [and previously the Autobot Skids]) had taken over an entire planet, Messatine (MTMTE Volume 2), leaving Pharma and other Autobots with no choice but to slaughter their own fighting force. Also, the Autobot force known as the Wreckers was destroyed by a Phase Sixer named Overlord (The Last Stand of the Wreckers). If a force as powerful as the Wreckers could be destroyed by only one Decepticon, the Autobots cannot be very powerful. Lastly, the Decepticon scientist known as Shockwave, or Senator Shockwave, took over Cybertron with only his knowledge.
Even the Autobot Prowl quoted, "[We have our own fighters, like Grimlock and Roller], but they all pale when compared to the likes of Overlord, Sixshot, and Tarn."
Thanks for the debate, and I am ready for my opponent's rebuttal.
yomama12

Pro

But usually, unless it's something like "The Death of ****", the good guys always win, and the bad guys always lose. Even if the bad guy has some overpowered weapon that can kill the good guy, for instance, Overlord, Sixshot, and Tarn, the good guys always strike back to destroy it once and for all. Plus, since you never stated how strong Shockwave was, if he only used knoledge, he must be very weak, and can easily be defeated by SideSwipe or Bumblebee.
wolf902

Con

On the contrary: Shockwave was one of the nicest Senators on Cybertron until Proteus and his crew performed Epurata and Shadowplay (two highly dangerous mind control operations) on him, turning him evil. Shockwave enlisted in the Decepticon Army and became Megatron's most prized strategist. He was also one of the most powerful Decepticons, with a plasma blaster on one arm and an alt mode being a space gun.
Also: Bumblebee is one of the weakest Autobots, and was easily killed in Dark Cybertron. Also, if he defeated the entire squadron of Dinobots (Spotlight: Shockwave), then he is not weak at all, the Dinobots being an almost undefeatable force.
Thanks.
yomama12

Pro

Bumblebee may be weak, but Optimus Prime isn't. Plus, if you've seen the new TV show, the Autobots are fighting Dinobots too now.
wolf902

Con

wolf902 forfeited this round.
yomama12

Pro

Ff. Points go to me. Vote Pro
Posted by wolf902 2 years ago
wolf902
Sorry, over the weekend my computer glitched"
Posted by Empiren 2 years ago
Empiren
Plot armor is the autobots' defense.
Posted by yomama12 2 years ago
yomama12
now it spammed my comment, dam, my computer is messed up!
Posted by yomama12 2 years ago
yomama12
dam.. it glitched it so I can't post my argument. Im gonna have to forfeit the round, sorry...
Posted by yomama12 2 years ago
yomama12
Posted by yomama12 2 years ago
yomama12
Posted by yomama12 2 years ago
yomama12
Posted by yomama12 2 years ago
yomama12
Posted by yomama12 2 years ago
yomama12
Posted by yomama12 2 years ago
yomama12
Vote Placed by bladerunner060 2 years ago
bladerunner060
wolf902yomama12Tied
Reasons for voting decision: I'm awarding conduct for the forfeit. As to arguments, I had a difficult time scoring this. Con presented a more comprehensive justification for a Decepticon victory, but Pro appealed to the rules of fictional worlds, in that the good guys win, and Con never really rebutted that. I'm just not certain that that's sufficient to win the day for Pro; it seems an unfair appeal to the capricious whims of writers over a "real world" sort of approach. So, despite Con's BoP, and I'm nulling the argument points. As always, happy to clarify this RFD.