QueenOfTheGeeks
Sleezehead

The Avengers vs. The Justice League

QueenOfTheGeeks

Pro

I will argue for the Avengers. This debate includes some of the more famous members from different era's. It will work like this,

Round one:
Batman vs. Captain America
Superman vs. Thor

Round two:
Wonder Woman vs. Black Widow
Flash vs. The Wasp

Round three:
Green Lantern vs. Hulk
Aquaman vs. Iron Man

Round four:
Martin Manhunter vs. Ant-Man
Green Arrow vs. Hawkeye
Sleezehead

Con

I accept the challenge and will be fending for the oh so impressive Justice Lords. Thank you to my opponent for hosting this debate this fine evening. Looking over the round cue cards, the only round I'm worried about would be Round three and would've suggested you not to pick the match ups so presumptuously, but I will make due with the bouts.

I am a fan of both brands of comics though prefer DC. In the words of British Bane, "Let the games begin!"
QueenOfTheGeeks

Pro

QueenOfTheGeeks forfeited this round.
Sleezehead

Con

In the comments, my opponent said he might not have the time to debate so I presume I will automatically take this round by forfeit. I will still lost my argument to assure that the J. League would still take this round.

Batman vs. Captain America
Superman vs. Thor

You might say I'm underestimating Captain here but I think that te Captain doesn't even stand a chance against Batman. Based on popularity alone Batman would steal this one. I don't see Captian America.beating Batman in a one on one situation. Captain America would have to rely soulely on his strength which he never really does. He relies more on a deffensive maneuver from projectiles. These two would obviously be in a close quarter combat scenario and I think everyone would agree that Batmans martial arts skills will beat Captain Americas random flailing punches easily.

Again, Superman is the DC poster boy being one of the most powerful heroes in his universe. Could Superman beat a god? This is a tough one to call. Superman does have a vulerability to magic and Thor has been known to hold his own against Marvel characters like Hulk. I think if Hulk could without a doubt beat Thor in a bout, Superman could definitely beat Thor. Judging both characters history, Superman has the edge in every way possible. Faater, stronger, fastly more abilities. Thor's equal tithe DC universe would most likely be Shazam which Superman has bad conflict with on many accasians. With not much insight besides what I've mentioned, The Justice League takes this round.
QueenOfTheGeeks

Pro

QueenOfTheGeeks forfeited this round.
Sleezehead

Con

This isn't very fun... Anyone psyched for Man of Steel?
QueenOfTheGeeks

Pro

QueenOfTheGeeks forfeited this round.
Sleezehead

Con

Sleezehead forfeited this round.
QueenOfTheGeeks

Pro

QueenOfTheGeeks forfeited this round.
Sleezehead

Con

Sleezehead forfeited this round.
Posted by BradyP55 3 years ago
BradyP55
I'm just making this comment because my debate teacher is making us comment on five things, but I definitely think that justice league would win in a battle, I don't have much to back this up but it is just thoughts and first impression.
Posted by Sleezehead 3 years ago
Sleezehead
It'll beh too aysay ^_^
Posted by Shazam 3 years ago
Shazam
*Facepalm* most of the JL members have huge advantages in either speed or strength that The Avengers simply have no defense against.

Flash and Supes could defeat them all with ease.
Posted by Sleezehead 3 years ago
Sleezehead
That's way to trivial. It obviously follows the lor of the two meet, no prepping, and just fight within the bounds that they would normally. No preparation... unless... I'll be primarily focusing on the physics that I guess Ultimate Warrior would use. Look at the character bio. How far would be go, what's his abilities, how far would he/she go.
Posted by Marauder 3 years ago
Marauder
I was thinking about taking this debate, but there are too many unknowns about the parameters of the debate that would change how I would argue in it. If I make Green Lantern fly to space does Hulk have to follow to the dictates of the environment I change the battlefield too? is this a fight to the death, a knock out, a public unmasking, until I get a 'ring out' of a defined battle field cause I knocked your tail into the phantom zone? whose universe is this in anyway marvel or DCU? How prepared are you going to be allowed to argue Black Widow will be for he fight? How prepared can superman get for his fight? or is this not a total fight type debate but rather we get to argue who's the more awesome hero based on other qualities like how well they can fight crime and evil all together or whose movies are more awesome or how Green Arrow gets all the ladies........what kind of arguments are valid in this debate? what kind of Vs is going on?
Posted by QueenOfTheGeeks 3 years ago
QueenOfTheGeeks
Don't be to sure of yourself my friend...
Also don't expect a new argument soon. I have 72 hours and I'm extremely busy. So it might be a while. Sorry.
Posted by Sleezehead 3 years ago
Sleezehead
I'm sort but most of these, after reviewing the characters and profiling their strategies, this doesn't look good for you.