olivetwo
mage61099

The Basis of Salvation is the Word of God.

olivetwo

Pro

No Words in this World aside from God's Word that a Human needed in order to be saved from Wrath to come. Because the Word told us the Process......
mage61099

Con

I think my esteemed opponent has made the erroneous assumption that "Salvation" is something that can have only one meaning. Suffice to say , different religions have different meanings of the word salvation. Just because a particular religion believes in one way to achieve it , doesn't mean it is correct.

Since the basis of this argument is "God" and how he "grants" "salvation" , I could start a religion today that tells it's followers to murder people to achieve salvation.

"Salvation" may mean freedom from depression , oppression and a whole host of other meanings. Thus , The basis of salvation IS NOT the word of god, rather it's the definition of salvation followed ( or not followed for that matter ) by a particular individual.
olivetwo

Pro

olivetwo forfeited this round.
mage61099

Con

mage61099 forfeited this round.
olivetwo

Pro

olivetwo forfeited this round.
mage61099

Con

mage61099 forfeited this round.
olivetwo

Pro

I am so sorry for the delay.Anyway, it is my turn. Sorry MAGE. By the way thank you for accepting this challenge.

Now, I guess my esteemed opponent has made the erroneous assumption about how I understand the word SALVATION. According to my Argument, the only basis of understanding this is by the WORD of GOD. And MAGE accept the challenge without knowing how to explain other things about SALVATION outside the Word of God (might be after this post, i guess ).

Moving forward, since we are talking about here GOD and his SALVATION. We have to understand fully that the thing that we are talking about is the TRUE GOD. And dare to say the TRUE SALVATION. Why? It is because in this present world the argument, whatever it is, always fall in two category- the TRUTH and the FALSE, the GOOD and the BAD, the power of Darkness and the power of Good, and most of all The Word of God and the Word outside the Word of God. Therefore my conclusion is, if the explanation are outside and contrary from the Word of God, it falls in a WRONG side.

Salvation in the Bible has a lot a lot of meaning. According to 1 TIMOTHY 2:4, it says..

" Who will have all men to be saved , and to come unto the knowledge of the truth."

Here it says truthfully by the Bible that the true God wants ALL to be saved including you Mage. In reality, yeah that is true. because we are facing a lot of Dangers in this present world. like what happened to Paul in his journey in this world in 2 Corinthians 11:26

"I have been constantly on the move. I have been in danger from rivers, in danger from bandits, in danger from my own countrymen, in danger from Gentiles; in danger in the city, in danger in the country, in danger at sea; and in danger from false brothers."

See- Dangers lies ahead, so we are deeply need SALVATIONS from these. The Danger that the Bible was talking about are not only single out materially but spiritually as well. Yeah, there are Dangers also in Religions. Just like what Lord Jesus says in Matthew 7:15, he prophesied this...

"Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves."

And that are true in this present World, believe it or not MAGE. If Someone falls on the PIT then you are DEAD. So, we need Salvations from these. And here are some...

"while evil men and impostors will go from bad to worse, deceiving and being deceived."

This very common today the BAD people became Worse and Worse. Different Number of SINS are already in this World, believe it or not MAGE. Just look out and see it for yourself, don't go far away just watch in YOU TUBES, search in google. New Crimes are shown up. Therefore we need Salvation from these.

Since the world had gone astray and 1 John 5:19 says,

"And we know that we are of God, and the whole world lieth in wickedness."

"God will do his work- JUSTICE must prevail " It is our will that counts, it is up to us to saved or not. God said HE WANTS ALL to be SAVED. HE WANTED IT ALL. But some won't so they choose the Darkness rather than the LIGHT. It is not God's fault, it is MAN's fault. Therefore Choose to be saved from the Wrath to come, AMEN.
mage61099

Con

mage61099 forfeited this round.
olivetwo

Pro

Well, I guess, I will waived this round....Thanks a lot Mage for attempting.
mage61099

Con

mage61099 forfeited this round.
Posted by olivetwo 1 year ago
olivetwo
To RED,

"If a god who plans to torture us forever unless we accept his salvation exists then the only way to escape being tortured by him is to accept his salvation." Said by RED..

Explain to me the difference between Punishment and Torturing.....
Posted by olivetwo 1 year ago
olivetwo
By the way what is your religion Mage?
Posted by olivetwo 1 year ago
olivetwo
I am so sorry MAGE, i have no intention not to reply or post my argument. I have been stuck from a particular gatherings. So sorry, feel free to post another I will try my best not to forfeit another round.
Posted by olivetwo 1 year ago
olivetwo
To spex:

Yeah you are right, according to...

2 Corinthians 4:4New Living Translation (NLT)

4 Satan, who is the god of this world, has blinded the minds of those who don"t believe. They are unable to see the glorious light of the Good News. They don"t understand this message about the glory of Christ, who is the exact likeness of God.
Posted by olivetwo 1 year ago
olivetwo
to V5 RED:

I just want to start this debate that way.........

Question, What is your Religion anyway?
Posted by V5RED 1 year ago
V5RED
If a god who plans to torture us forever unless we accept his salvation exists then the only way to escape being tortured by him is to accept his salvation.

Essentially Pro has postulated a tautology as if it is a debate topic.
Posted by vi_spex 1 year ago
vi_spex
satan is god