Soko23
CalvinAndHobbes

The Battle of Greek mythology

CalvinAndHobbes

Soko23

Pro

Okay many know the great battle for power that the three main powers of Greek mythology are between the three brothers that include Zues, Poseidon, and Hates. In this arguement I will be for Zues.

My arguement is that Zues Has already defeated his brother Hates on multiple occasions. After dueling with his brother to be the ruler of Olympus it has always ended with Zues being victorious and remaining the ruler of Olympus. Debate is open for comment or speculation from any angle of the Greek mythology world.
CalvinAndHobbes

Con

As Con I will be arguing that Zeus could be defeated by Posiden and/or Hades. Zeus has never fought his brothers and won. He instead won the heavens by casting lots.

"Zeus overthew his Father Cronus. He then drew lots with his brothers Posiden and
Hades. Zeus won the draw and became the supreme ruler of the gods."
-http://www.greekmythology.com...;
Soko23

Pro

Soko23 forfeited this round.
CalvinAndHobbes

Con

Since my opponent has yet to post opening arguments, there is nothing for me to refute.

However in the spirit of debate I will go forward.

Since the category of this debate is philosophy and my opponent has yet to offer any definitions pertaining to philosophy I will now do so. I am confused why my opponent wasted his time making irrelevant and inaccurate comments about Zeus. Zues and Zeus are very different things as I will now address.

Zues: The concept of rage dominating one's actions.

For example murder is considered to be more offensive if it is committed premeditatively, where as committing a zues murder is considered to by less offensive.

Hates (plural): intense or passionate dislike

Since zues requires having hate for at least an instant, it is illogical to assume zues can overcome hate. This is analogous to saying a gun can defeat a bullet. It is easy to see that this is erroneous logic because the gun requires the bullet to do anything.

I await my opponent's response.

Soko23

Pro

Soko23 forfeited this round.
CalvinAndHobbes

Con

It is unfortunate my opponent has been unable to respond. I extend all arguments.
Soko23

Pro

Soko23 forfeited this round.
CalvinAndHobbes

Con

Soko23 hasn't been on debate.org since the start of this debate. I extend all arguments.
Posted by angrymen 5 years ago
angrymen
I'm not sure they was ever a time that hades fought with Zeus over control of the heavens. The only time was in Disney's Hercules, but that was not Greek mythology.
Posted by The_Fool_on_the_hill 5 years ago
The_Fool_on_the_hill
I know it well. But to debate it doen't make sense.
Posted by MikeyMike 5 years ago
MikeyMike
I don't quite understand the objective.
Posted by Zaradi 5 years ago
Zaradi
This looks like an interesting question....but I'm not sure I want to take it...hmmmm...
#firstworldproblems
Vote Placed by Nur-Ab-Sal 5 years ago
Nur-Ab-Sal
Soko23CalvinAndHobbesTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro forfeited