rubbersoul
oreostar

The Beatles were the most innovative band ever

rubbersoul

Pro

I will make the argument that The Beatles were the most innovative band ever and that MOST bands have used their ideas in one form or the other......Dosanjh.
oreostar

Con

i would just like to start this debate off by saying im not Beatles fan and i have nothing against them personally.

my first point is based on my understanding of the meaning of your debate topic
this debate is trick because it is very very subjective

......innovative......

to invent or begin to apply (methods, ideas, etc)
http://dictionary.reference.com...

technically the Beatles did not invent music.. but merely advanced its diversity in the sense its diffrent generes it covers.

2 -Apart from the delicious slice of cello-driven melancholy that is "Eleanor Rigby," I cannot say that any Beatles song really speaks to me. I've listened to nearly the entire catalogue and no sparks. Therefore, I am not a fan. This doesn't mean that I don't respect the talent within the band and the transformative power their lyrics have had over so many generations..... I just cannot lie and say that I love The Beatles.Given my honesty and my assumption that musical tastes were personal, I was taken aback by the violent reactions to my frankness. I've always been entitled to like whichever musical act I pleased......

3- this debate is unfair because music (the beatles) are a form of art and there are no facts that prove if the Beatles are good or bad only opinions

i would like to thank my opposition for viewing my opinion......

my favorite album by the Beatles enjoy!!

vote for me!!
rubbersoul

Pro

You just said so yourself innovative to apply or use new ideas. Easy enough Examples I feel fine (first song with guitar feedback) Im Only Sleeping (first song with backwards guitar) Tomorrow Never Knows (first song with backword vocals) Norwegian Wood (first pop song with a sitar) all emulated by others afterwords.
oreostar

Con

I give up
This is a form of art.....there no right or wrong answer when it comes to are because it is subject

Voter please vote a tie!!! The Beatles are only good or bad depending on your indvual taste
rubbersoul

Pro

Im not debating whether they were good or bad. Besides, whether or not you like them, they were STILL innovative and I gave SEVERAL examples.
oreostar

Con

this is not a fair debate do to the way you placed my position in this debate and your understanding of art/music... art/music cant be debate as a fact because there is no right answer to your topic of the The Beatles being the most innovative band ever, it only depends on your opinion to they're form of music.. you see if i want to cheat and say that the Beatles WERE the most innovative band by your wording, i could say that you already lost because you believe there currently is a more innovate band... but i like to debate in a fair way and argue a topic such if the Beatles deserve the title for the best band in rock history ever, not a subjective topic that you placed me into....i can not argue do the fact you made this debate solely on your opinion...
your reason listed above not only prove your side...but there's is no theory or opinion i can place on this topic that says im right...this is a utter waste of a debate unless you change the topic in a fairer sense.... thank for you consideration...
rubbersoul

Pro

I say "were"........because they are no longer a band.....in case you didnt know. You say art cant be innovative....so what about Picasso, Mozart, Michealangelo etc.?
oreostar

Con

oreostar forfeited this round.
rubbersoul

Pro

Folks.......i rest my case.
oreostar

Con

oreostar forfeited this round.
Posted by Contra 5 years ago
Contra
Define "innovative"
Posted by rubbersoul 5 years ago
rubbersoul
Thank you Danielle
Posted by Danielle 5 years ago
Danielle
Also, it was very smart of Pro to use the word "innovative" instead of "best."
Posted by Danielle 5 years ago
Danielle
Agree with Pro.