The Bible Condones Slavery

The Bible=Both the Old and New Testaments
Slavery=owning another human being as property

First round is acceptance only.

Jesus loves everyone it says that in the bible so he can't enslave someone because he loves everyone

My opponent didn't read the rules in the first round. It clearly says:
First round is acceptance only.

My opponent instead posted an argument, which is both against the rules and unfair.

Vote pro.

TheDudeLeboski forfeited this round.

I won this debate for the following reasons:

1. My opponent ignored the rules in round one.
2. My opponent made a general assertion without evidence.
3. The debate was if the Bible condoned slavery, not if Jesus could enslave somebody. My opponent didn't even address the thing he was supposed to debate.
4. My opponent typed two sentences and never used a period. He does not deserve grammar points.
5. My opponent forfeited round 2.

According to Exodus 21:20-21

"When a slave owner hits a male or female slave with a rod and the slave dies immediately, the owner should be punished.But if the slave gets up after a day or two, the slave owner shouldn't’t be punished because the slave is the owner’s property."

This is clearly the Bible condoning slavery.

TheDudeLeboski forfeited this round.
Posted by nonprophet 2 years ago
@Wylted At this point I'll do anything to piss you off, since you care so much about me to stalk me on every debate I do.
Posted by Wylted 2 years ago
@nonprophet, you are an idiot if you think that your double standard is fair. How come it's ok for you to lie about your age, but not for your opponent to lie about his?
Posted by nonprophet 2 years ago
The TheDudeLeboski has no desire to debate...he just says his opinion and leaves the debate.
Posted by nonprophet 2 years ago
I doubt highly that TheDudeLebosk is the age he claims to be, thus getting past the age parameters I set for this debate.
Posted by subgenius 2 years ago
the flaw being that "condone" is specific to when someone accepts/allows behavior that is morally wrong or offensive. In the context of the Bible, when slavery is accepted/allowed, it is not an immoral or offensive act. Contrary to this notion is when slavery is condemned as with the Jews in Egypt and the commandment of thou shalt not steal (most likely considered as "kidnap").
Posted by nonprophet 2 years ago
I'm not going to debate in the comments. If you're old enough and fit the restrictions, then accept the debate.
Posted by Gordontrek 2 years ago
I'll take it if you'll have me.
Posted by Valtin 2 years ago
@Donald.keller Also people have to understand that Israelites did not have Institutional slavery, same with the Arabs.
Posted by donald.keller 2 years ago
@Nonprophet. Just because he allows it doesn't mean he wants it. Zarroette used that argument once and never recovered. It almost made it onto the Weekly Stupid.

You need to understand historical linguistics. Slavery in the Bible was different than today's Slavery. Slavery back then was closer to the modern word Servant. They were employed more than enslaved.
Posted by nonprophet 2 years ago
Sdgydnhgn: If you admit, "God allows slavery", you just lost the debate.
Vote Placed by zmikecuber 2 years ago