The Bible Does Not Endorse or Condone Pedophilia

stephannoi has forfeited round #3.
Voting Style: Open Point System: Select Winner

Hello once again, stephannoi. I declined your challenge because it was too unspecific and too broad and I feel it glossed over Christianity which is what I addressed in my comment/vote that sparked this debate

Full Resolution and Clarifications

Christianity as Defined in the Bible Does not Condone or Endorse Pedophilia

The Bible- the holy book of Christianity

Christianity- the belief in salvation through Jesus Christ

Pedophilia- the sexual attraction to young children or young teens.

I will be arguing that Christianity as outlined in the Bible condemns pedophilia.

Rules and Outlines

This debate shall be conducted in this format.

R1- Acceptance/reason for acceptance
R2- Arguments only, no rebuttals
R3- Rebuttals and refutations ONLY
R4- Conclusions, no new arguments

Rules- You may only use evidence from the scriptures of the Bible. Using other sources such as papal bulls that are not from scripture directly is forbidden as they have no scriptural basis.

Only New Testament scriptures are permitted.

Actions of Christians as an argument is forbidden.

To summarize, only New Testament scripture is allowed and nothing else. This ensures we don't create straw mans.

No ad hominim attacks, no attacks in the comments

BoP is squarely on Con, as he was the original instigator of the debate before I declined to make a more detailed and better outlined debate.

No attacks on Christians, as this just congests the debate

Style of voting is Select Winner

Good luck to my opponent.

HI thanks for accepting the debate. i want to argue that christianity including other religion (islam.jewish,Hindu) accept pedophile and in many religious country sex with young children is consider socially norm.

There are high incidents of roman catholic priest sexually abuse boys and girls.

Child marriage is being practice out particulary in those religion denominate countries.

Welcome to the debate. Let me remind you, only Christianity and the Bible are up for debate here. No other religions are to be argued.

1st Corinthians 6:9-11 says, very plainly, that "Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither the immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor sexual perverts...nor PEDOPHILES... shall enter the kingdom of God". Modern Literal Translation Bible

"Do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived! Fornicators, idolaters, adulterers, male prostitutes, sodomites... shall enter the kingdom of God"-NSRVCE Bible

"Have ye not known that the unrighteous the reign of God shall not inherit? be not led astray; neither whoremongers, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor sodomites..." YLT Bible

Sodomites, it would be worth noting, means, literally "those who have catamites". Catamites are male prepubescents used as sexual slaves, and both of these are condemned in the King James Bible!

So, at the very least, pedophilia is condemned in males. But what of females? Fornication is sex outside of marriage. So, since children cannot marry in most civilized countries that are secular, pedophilia is condemned!

I have provided three biblical translations forbidding pedophilia. And variants of the same verse can be found in the source below

My opponent has thrice so far in the comments, which was explicitly banned in R1, insulted both Christians, Christianity, Islam, and Judaism. He has committed three counts of ad hominim. He has already violated at least 4 rules of the debate!

And with that, I pass the buck to Con.

You said children cannot get married in christian society,that's absolutely not true.Here are evidence which apparently show that most abrahamic religion uphold pedophile and child marriage

Christianity : Historically ,Since the medieval times,religious leader uphold the belief that girls should hit puberty first before they enter marriage union. Within the catholic church prior to the 1917 Code of Canon Law ,the minimum age for dissoluble betrothal was 7 years in the contractees.The 1917 Code of Canon Law mandate minimum age of marriage for boys age 16 and girls age 14. The statue of westminister 1275 stated that it should be okay for girl under 12 to get married.

-There is no age of consent during Holy Roman Empire and the European Colony. That's mean pedophile can get away easily with abusing girls without facing legal consequence.

My claim was that in modern secular civilization, child marriage, which is not the main focus of the debate, is banned.

The argument used by my opponent has no source. He also argues a banned point about actions by Christians of the Middle Ages instead of New Testament Times.

My opponent even argued FOR the lowering of age of consent laws for those who have hit puberty

His arguments are both unsupported by past votes, comments, and debates, violate the rules, and have no sources backing them up. Consider my arguments extended.
Posted by TheChristian 3 months ago
Debate not updating. Sorry if I wind up forefeiting
Posted by stephannoi 3 months ago
Holy roman empire and the prussia didn't even enact statutory rape law. That's mean pedophile are legally allowed abusing children without facing punishment.
Posted by PonticGreekMacedonian 3 months ago
Of course they do not! Those paedophile acts are the poor choices of HUMANS! The Religion has nothing to do with it! If they do something that wrong then they are a disgrace to God!!!
Posted by stephannoi 3 months ago
All abrahamic religion should be banned and their bible testament should be burn on fire.
Posted by stephannoi 3 months ago
I find it's disgusting about the pope viewed sex with prepubescent child is morally acceptable.
Posted by stephannoi 3 months ago
Religion is nothing than just a violation of human right.What does Christianity organize to stop human right abuse ??