FREEDO
dabsq

The Bible Has Contradictions

FREEDO

FREEDO

Pro

The Christian Bible [1] has some contradictions [2].

===
1. http://en.wikipedia.org...

2. http://en.wikipedia.org...
dabsq

Con

I want to first thank my opponent for posting this challenge, as this would further help me in widening my experience in apologetics. This is my first time in using debate.org so go easy on me ;)
--------------------------------------------
The arguments my opponent used are just links referring to Wikipedia, on the Bible and on its contradictions. And as we all know Wikipedia can be both a reliable and unreliable source of fact, for it could be altered although unnoticed by the public. And so I would like to request my opponent to use references and links from other websites throughout this debate, as I would do the same.
My opponent also posted 2 links, that are quite broad when we come to discussing the contradictions of the Bible, and if they really are contradictions. And so in this I would like my opponent to post his set of arguments first before I start answering them. I request that he would be posting them specifically, and by specific I mean that he would be listing the "contradictions" that are said to be found on the Bible. Post:
1) The Verses that seem to be contradicting
2) Bible Version used
3) Why did it contradict from his Point of View

We are not discussing whether the Bible is authentic or not...just discussing on its supposed contradictions

Thanks
~dabsq
FREEDO

Pro

I welcome my opponent to his first debate. But I certainly will not go easy on him.

"The arguments my opponent used are just links referring to Wikipedia"

>>Those weren't arguments, I was just providing context for what the debate is about. Arguments usually aren't posted in the first round.

"And so I would like to request my opponent to use references and links from other websites throughout this debate, as I would do the same."

>>Every Wikipedia page has it's own list of sources at the bottom of the page. Also, in the forums Wikipedia has been established by most as a generally reliable source.

"We are not discussing whether the Bible is authentic or not...just discussing on its supposed contradictions"

>>Agreed

===Arguments===

"But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die."
~Genesis 2:17 (King James Version)

"And all the days that Adam lived were nine hundred and thirty years: and he died."
Genesis 5:5 (King James Version)

>>Either God lied or this is a contradiction. One says he would die that day. The other says he died much later.

"And Abel, he also brought of the firstlings of his flock and of the fat thereof. And the LORD had respect unto Abel and to his offering"
~Genesis 4:4 (King James Version)

"Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons"
~Acts 10:34 (King James Version)

>>One says God respected someone. The other says God respects no one.

"And it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart."
~Genesis 6:6 (King James Version)

"And also the Strength of Israel will not lie nor repent: for he is not a man, that he should repent."
~1 Samuel 15:29 (King James Version)

>>One says God repented. The other says God never repents. Also, it says he never lies, which would make the first verse I posted have to be a contradiction.

"And of every living thing of all flesh, two of every sort shalt thou bring into the ark, to keep them alive with thee; they shall be male and female."
~Genesis 6:19 (King James Version)

"Of every clean beast thou shalt take to thee by sevens, the male and his female: and of beasts that are not clean by two, the male and his female."
~Genesis 7:2 (King James Version)

>>One says two animals every kind were put in the ark. The other says of some kinds there were seven taken.

"By these were the isles of the Gentiles divided in their lands; every one after his tongue, after their families, in their nations."
Genesis 10:5 (King James Version)

"And the whole earth was of one language, and of one speech."
Genesis 11:1 (King James Version)
(note:both took place before the Tower of Babel.)

>>One describes there being multiple languages before the Tower of Babel, the other says there was only one.

"And he said unto him, Take me an heifer of three years old, and a she goat of three years old, and a ram of three years old, and a turtledove, and a young pigeon."
~Genesis 15:9 (King James Version)

"For I spake not unto your fathers, nor commanded them in the day that I brought them out of the land of Egypt, concerning burnt offerings or sacrifices"
~Jeremiah 7:22 (King James Version)

>>One describes God commanding a sacrifice. The other describes God later saying he never commanding any offerings.

"For with God nothing shall be impossible."
~Luke 1:37 (King James Version)

"And the LORD was with Judah; and he drave out the inhabitants of the mountain; but could not drive out the inhabitants of the valley, because they had chariots of iron."
~Judges 1:19 (King James Version)

>>Lol, that may be one of the most hilarious verses I've seen. Apparently God is all-powerful except when it comes to iron chariots.

"And it came to pass after these things, that God did tempt Abraham, and said unto him, Abraham: and he said, Behold, here I am."
~Genesis 22:1 (King James Version)

"Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man"
~James 1:13 (King James Version)

>>One says God tempted someone. The other says God tempts no one.

"For his sons carried him[Jacob] into the land of Canaan, and buried him in the cave of the field of Machpelah, which Abraham bought with the field for a possession of a buryingplace of Ephron the Hittite, before Mamre."
~Genesis 50:13 (King James Version)

"So Jacob went down into Egypt, and died, he, and our fathers,
And were carried over into Sychem, and laid in the sepulchre that Abraham bought for a sum of money of the sons of Emmor the father of Sychem."
~Acts 7:15-16 (King James Version)

>>These verses describe Jacob being buried in two different locations.

"The LORD is a man of war: the LORD is his name."
~Exodus 15:3 (King James Version)

"Now the God of peace be with you all. Amen."
~Romans 15:33 (King James Version)

>>One says God is a man of war. The other says he is the God of peace.

"Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth."
~Exodus 20:4 (King James Version)

"And thou shalt make two cherubims[angels] of gold, of beaten work shalt thou make them, in the two ends of the mercy seat."
~Exodus 25:18 (King James Version)

>>One of God's ten commandments is to not make any graven image or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven yet commands they do so only five chapters later.

"Thou shalt not kill."
~Exodus 20:13 (King James Version)

"And he said unto them, Thus saith the LORD God of Israel, Put every man his sword by his side, and go in and out from gate to gate throughout the camp, and slay every man his brother, and every man his companion, and every man his neighbor."
~Exodus 32:27 (King James Version)

>>One of God's commandments is not to kill yet commands them to do so only 12 chapters later.

"And the priest shall make an atonement for the soul that sinneth ignorantly, when he sinneth by ignorance before the LORD, to make an atonement for him; and it shall be forgiven him."
~Numbers 15:28 (King James Version)

"And every priest standeth daily ministering and offering oftentimes the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins."
~Hebrews 10:11 (King James Version)

>>One says offerings forgive sins. The other says they don't.

"And Aaron the priest went up into mount Hor at the commandment of the LORD, and died there, in the fortieth year after the children of Israel were come out of the land of Egypt, in the first day of the fifth month."
~Numbers 33:38 (King James Version)

"And the children of Israel took their journey from Beeroth of the children of Jaakan to Mosera: there Aaron died, and there he was buried; and Eleazar his son ministered in the priest's office in his stead."
~Deuteronomy 10:6 (King James Version)

>>These verse describe Aaron dieing in two different places.

"When a man hath taken a wife, and married her, and it come to pass that she find no favour in his eyes, because he hath found some uncleanness in her: then let him write her a bill of divorcement, and give it in her hand, and send her out of his house.
And when she is departed out of his house, she may go and be another man's wife."
~Deuteronomy 24:1-2 (King James Version)

"And he saith unto them, Whosoever shall put away his wife, and marry another, committeth adultery against her.
And if a woman shall put away her husband, and be married to another, she committeth adultery."
~Mark 10:11 (King James Version)

>>One says that a man can divorce his wife simply because he doesn't like her anymore and they can remarry, yet the other says it's a sin to remarry.

Haha, I literally have hundreds more but I ran out of character space. I'll post more next round.
dabsq

Con

Note: I ran out of space...that's why!

As for Space Issues I would just be posting the verse numbers and their Bible Versions.

-Arguments-

1) Genesis 2:17 vs Genesis 5:5 (KJV)
Thou Shalt Die vs Adam lived nine hundred thirty years
Opponent's Comment: Either God lied or this is a contradiction. One says he would die that day. The other says he died much later.
-The Bible is NOT meant to be taken literally, or even scientifically (although many would disagree with me). Second in interpreting the Bible, one has to place one's self in the author's shoes in order to understand the meaning and its real essence. Genesis was written for the purpose of showing Creation, Man's Fall and Man's Salvation. Let us understand that the early belief of those who wrote the Genesis (purpotedly claimed as Abraham "LINK HERE") is that Man is to live ETERNALLY without death. God said Thou Shalt surely die...and he didn't mean...literally DIE that day, but from that day onwards, his REAL LIFE (Life of his soul) his Eternal Life died. Now that his eternal life has died he cannot live forever...thus he DIED in a figurative sense.

2) Genesis 4:4 vs Acts 10:34 (KJV)
The Lord Respected Abel vs Peter said I perceive that God is no respecter of persons
Opponent's Comment: One says God respected someone. The other says God respects no one.
-The very reason that I wanted my opponent to give the Bible Version because of this very reason. That many versions are in fact inaccurate, or sometimes fight against each other...The verse of genesis and acts when compared to other Bible verses you'll see that they used a different word...The Bible originally was not written in English, it was written in Hebrew, Greek, and Aramaic. And so because of this many translations seems to contradict with one another. As reference

Genesis 4:4 Parallel Translations- http://bible.cc...
Acts 10:34 Parallel Translations- http://bible.cc...

We see here that sometimes Peter said Favorites, Partiality, Respect, etc etc. The same way in Genesis the author says Favoured, Respected, regarded and etc. Thus making us go around and around. But if we see here the word PERSONS does not mean PERSONS in itself, for if Peter meant MEN he would have written PEOPLE. But rather he chose the word PERSONS which in a broad term can mean that God is no respecter of PERSONS which means persona, does not care of who you are or what you can do. Putting this interpretation in mind, it would align with the other translations saying that God doesn't play favourites and partiality. And if we were to continue what he was saying in verse 35 there we would understand that
"But in every nation he that feareth him, and worketh righteousness, is accepted with him" Thus the whole verse Acts 10:34-35 says
KJV: Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons: But in every nation he that feareth him, and worketh righteousness, is accepted with him.
NIV: Then Peter began to speak: "I now realize how true it is that God does not show favoritism but accepts men from every nation who fear him and do what is right.
They are connected!
This is the problem of pick and choose verses that could be manipulated and that could be taken out of context. I leave my opponent with the burden of proof to provide the original hebrew and greek translation of that certain verse. Of what word Genesis really used in Hebrew/Aramaic and what word Acts really used in Greek. As to really see if God meant RESPECT, FAVOURED, PARTIALITY, and etc. However this are the arguments I have presented in the previous case

3) Genesis 6:6 vs 1 Samuel 15:29
Repented vs Does not repent
Opponent's Comment: One says God repented. The other says God never repents. Also, it says he never lies, which would make the first verse I posted have to be a contradiction.

-These purported contradictions all presuppose some platonic-type sky god. Christianity has always believed that God is a God who relates and who is personal. And whenever there is a personal relationship, there is a dynamic. And dynamics can involve both immutability and change. Whenever you have a personal dynamic, when one person changes, the other responds in a way which reflects this change. But all is not relative. If God's essence is immutable, then He is the standard by which such change is understood.
For example, imagine you are in a field standing next to a tree. As you walk around the tree, you may end up north of the tree (and the tree is south of you). If you continue walking, such a relative relationship changes, so that you might find yourself south of the tree (and the tree is north of you). In the same way, our behavior towards God is like walking around the tree. Depending upon what we do, God is in a different relationship with us.
Let's consider a better analogy. A man and a wife are in a happy marriage. The man commits adultery, and the wife becomes unhappy. Has the wife changed in a significant manner? Not really. Her change is a function of what her husband did, and reflects the immutability of her belief that infidelity is wrong.
In the purported contradictions, we have a set of Scriptures which speak of God's essence - it is unchangeable. The other set deal with God's relationships with men (they don't abstractly speak of God's essence). Thus, as the above analogies show, there need be no contradiction.

4) Genesis 6:19 vs Genesis 7:2 KJV
Pair vs Sevens
Opponent's Comment: One says two animals every kind were put in the ark. The other says of some kinds there were seven taken.

-Noah brought in exactly what God commanded—one pair of each ordinary animal (6:19), but then six more pairs of any animals. He was told the reason for bringing in the male and female pairs, was to prevent their extinction (6:19b), and we know that the additional pairs of "clean" animals were for Noah to offer as a sacrifice to God, for this is exactly what he did (Gen 8:20). It's easy to see that if Noah had sacrificed his only male or female of a species, he would have caused their extinction! This is so obvious, in fact, I'm surprised anyone ever imagined a contradiction in this passage. In this case, God is clearly wiser than His critics.To make matters worse, one skeptic complained that after God had commanded Noah to load seven pairs of the clean animals, Noah disobeyed, and brought in only two of every kind (Gen 7:9). But this critic is also mistaken! Genesis 7:9 does not say Noah brought in "two" of each animal. It says he brought in the animals "by twos," (plural) which is true in every case. He brought in one pair of each unclean animal, and seven pairs of each clean animal. But all of them were paired, weren't they? (After all, taking along an equal number of males and females should have made their mating somewhat easier!) That Noah brought in the species "by pairs," "in twos," or "two by two" is evident, not only in the original Hebrew, but also in every English translation. All a man has to do with this verse, is read what it says, and not add his own pessimistic ideas. Again, it's ridiculous to suppose the compiler of Genesis, or his ancient editors, would be stupid enough to insert a contradictory report only four verses later! Ancient man was less informed than we are, but he was not less intelligent. (If you don't believe that, please show me the modern equivalent to Aristotle.) It seems to me that skeptics have never really thought this through.

5) Genesis 10:5 vs Genesis 11:1 KJV
Many Families vs One before...
Opponent's Comment: One describes there being multiple languages before the Tower of Babel, the other says there was only one.
- We learn in Genesis 11:1–9 why these families separated from each other and how it came to be that there were so many languages in the world. There is no contradiction here; Moses merely put the effect before the cause. Genesis 10 gives an overview, and
FREEDO

Pro

Unfortunately my opponent was unable to address all my examples due to the limited character space. He will need to do this in-order to have any chance of winning the debate. I will accept any arguments he places in the comment section as an extension of the debate.

=== Replies to Rebuttals===

"The Bible is NOT meant to be taken literally, or even scientifically"

>>I must contend that saying the bible should not be taken literally or scientifically is an inadequate argument. It matters not whether the bible is correct, scientific, divinely inspired, literal or any of this, the contradictions still hold. Indeed if there are contradictions than it means the bible is not correct.

"is that Man is to live ETERNALLY without death. God said Thou Shalt surely die...and he didn't mean...literally DIE that day"

>> No, the verse quite explicitly described dieing the same day it was eaten. If "dieing" actually means loosing eternal life in the verse, as you suggest, than you have the burden of proof to prove this is what the writer truly meant.

I'll limit my replies here, so to make room for more arguments.

===Arguments===

"To morrow about this time I will send thee a man out of the land of Benjamin, and thou shalt anoint him to be captain over my people Israel, that he may save my people out of the hand of the Philistines: for I have looked upon my people, because their cry is come unto me.
And when Samuel saw Saul, the LORD said unto him, Behold the man whom I spake to thee of! this same shall reign over my people."
~ 1 Samuel 9:16-17 (King James Version)

"And when the men of Israel that were on the other side of the valley, and they that were on the other side Jordan, saw that the men of Israel fled, and that Saul and his sons were dead, they forsook the cities, and fled; and the Philistines came and dwelt in them."
~ 1 Samuel 31:4-7 (King James Version)

>>One says that God picked Saul to defeat the Philistines. The other says Saul died and the Philistines won.

"And again the anger of the LORD was kindled against Israel, and he moved David against them to say, Go, number Israel and Judah."
~ 2 Samuel 24:1 (King James Version)

"And Satan stood up against Israel, and provoked David to number Israel."
~ 1 Chronicles 21:1 (King James Version)

>> One says God inspired the census. The other says Satan inspired the census.

"And Joab gave up the sum of the number of the people unto the king: and there were in Israel eight hundred thousand valiant men that drew the sword; and the men of Judah were five hundred thousand men."
~ 2 Samuel 24:9 (King James Version)

"And Joab gave the sum of the number of the people unto David. And all they of Israel were a thousand thousand and an hundred thousand men that drew sword: and Judah was four hundred threescore and ten thousand men that drew sword."
~ 1 Chronicles 21:5 (King James Version)

>> One says the census numbered 800,000 for Israel and 500,000 for Judah. The other says the census numbered 1,100,00 for Israel and 470,000 for Judah.

"Two and twenty years old was Ahaziah when he began to reign; and he reigned one year in Jerusalem. And his mother's name was Athaliah, the daughter of Omri king of Israel."
~ 2 Kings 8:25-26 (King James Version)

"Forty and two years old was Ahaziah when he began to reign, and he reigned one year in Jerusalem. His mother's name also was Athaliah the daughter of Omri."
~ 2 Chronicles 22:2 (King James Version)

>> One says Ahaziah was 22 when he began his reign. The other says he was 42.

"And the sons of Pedaiah were, Zerubbabel, and Shimei: and the sons of Zerubbabel; Meshullam, and Hananiah, and Shelomith their sister"
~ 1 Chronicles 3:19 (King James Version)

"Then stood up Jeshua the son of Jozadak, and his brethren the priests, and Zerubbabel the son of Shealtiel, and his brethren, and builded the altar of the God of Israel, to offer burnt offerings thereon, as it is written in the law of Moses the man of God."
~ Ezra 3:2 (King James Version)

>> One says Pedaiah was the father of Zerubbabel. The other says his father was Shealtiel.

"And he built his sanctuary like high palaces, like the earth which he hath established for ever."
~ Psalm 78:69 (King James Version)

"Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away."
~ Matthew 24:35 (King James Version)

>> One says God made the Earth to last forever. In the other Jesus says it will pass away.

"Yet hear the word of the LORD, O Zedekiah king of Judah; Thus saith the LORD of thee, Thou shalt not die by the sword:
But thou shalt die in peace"
~ Jeremiah 34:4-5 (King James Version)

"And the king of Babylon slew the sons of Zedekiah before his eyes: he slew also all the princes of Judah in Riblah.
Then he put out the eyes of Zedekiah; and the king of Babylon bound him in chains, and carried him to Babylon, and put him in prison till the day of his death."
~ Jeremiah 52:10-11 (King James Version)

>> God says he will die in peace. Instead, his sons are slain before his eyes, his eyes are plucked out, he is bound and then taken to Babylon and left in prison to die.

"And Jacob begat Joseph the husband of Mary, of whom was born Jesus, who is called Christ."
~ Matthew 1:16 (King James Version)

"And Jesus himself began to be about thirty years of age, being the son of Joseph, which was the son of Heli"
~ Luke 3:23 (King James Version)

>> One says Jacob was the father of Joseph. The others says Heli was.

"And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased."
~ Matthew 3:17 (King James Version)

"And the Holy Ghost descended in a bodily shape like a dove upon him, and a voice came from heaven, which said, Thou art my beloved Son; in thee I am well pleased."
~ Luke 3:22 (King James Version)

>> One says "this is", speaking to the crowd. The other says "thou art", speaking to Jesus.

"But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire."
~ Matthew 5:22 (King James Version)

"Ye fools and blind: for whether is greater, the gold, or the temple that sanctifieth the gold?"
~ Matthew 23:17-19 (King James Version)

>> Jesus says calling someone a fool is a sin. Jesus then calls someone a fool.

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:
For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened."
~ Matthew 7:7-8 (King James Version)

"Strive to enter in at the strait gate: for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able."
~ Luke 13:24 (King James Version)

>> One says if they seek they will find. The other says many who seek to enter heaven will not be able.

"Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven."
~ Matthew 7:21 (King James Version)

"And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved."
~ Acts 2:21 (King James Version)

>> One says not everyone who calls on God will be saved. The other says they will.

"And he saith unto them, Ye shall drink indeed of my cup, and be baptized with the baptism that I am baptized with: but to sit on my right hand, and on my left, is not mine to give, but it shall be given to them for whom it is prepared of my Father."
~ Matthew 20:23 (King James Version)

"And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth."
~ Matthew 28:18 (King James Version)

>> Jesus says it is not his to give. Then he says all power has been given to him.

===

Again, I have many more examples but I have run out of space.
dabsq

Con

Just to inform everyone I just enrolled to my college...;)

Okay, since we have very limited space I'll try my best to keep my answers short...
-----------------------------------------
Replies to Rebuttals

1) I must contend that saying the bible should not be taken literally or scientifically is an inadequate argument...
>>I must answer that it is not an inadequate argument, for the basis for contradictions to be proven, is to make sure that the statements being presented are within the context of the author's original intention/message. Example is Land of the Rising Sun, or what we call Japan. Land of the Rising Sun in a literal sense contradict with the basic scientific law, because it does not "RISE" on a certain land, but rather the earth revolves around it. Therefore we cannot interpret or understand "Land of the Rising Sun" as a literal statement for it would contradict with the basic laws of science. However if we were to take it as a poetical/literalistic statement, there would be no contradictions with any other scientific laws. The same way with the Bible...It's supposed "contradictions" statements would of course contradict if taken out of context, or out of the author's original intention.

2) On this matter I know certain Biblical verses, which sadly I cannot provide right NOW, and since the time remaining is very short I request you if you could wait for my answers in the comments section :)

I would try to answer all of your arguments in 1-2 weeks time in the comments section. I would answer them not for the sake of points or anything just to have a nice, formal and to finish the debate...as I said i just started my schooling so my time is very limited, but I would answer them within 1-2 weeks...

If my opponent the initiator of this debate allows this, then Thank You, if not. I am forfeiting the debate as to give honor to where honor is due. To freedo tnx for a great Debate I'll try to answer them informally in the comments section if you allow them.

To the voters, vote whichever you think is right...God Bless
~dabsq
Posted by Knologist_Prime 5 years ago
Knologist_Prime
I noticed that you, Freedo, do not understand old archaic English words and put modern understanding as you comprehend.
Also I notice, you do not understand that context of what the bible verses actually mean.
You are "implying" by your using an 'open sourced' so-called encyclopedia that there is contradiction and you accept it face value without doing any actual research on your own.
Posted by surfride 6 years ago
surfride
@LD Freak- Right- so when the bible says that Judas died by hanging in one book and by disembowlment in the other, that's not a contradiction? Or that 1 thief reviled Jesus, or neither did, or both did, or there were no thieves? etc. etc. etc. I think the fact remains that the bible is a book written by a bunch of goatherders a thousand or so years ago, and as such its accuracy as it relates to any relevant matters in the universe is esssentially nonexistent.
Posted by LD_Freak 6 years ago
LD_Freak
Nearly all contradictions in the Bible are misunderstandings. God commands some peoples to do things, and some other peoples to do others. It's a matter of...spiritual maturity, you might say. If a parent tells a child not to play with matches, but orders a teenager to light the campfire, is this a contradiction?
The other contradictions are obviously mis-translations, of which there are dozens, if not hundreds. Hebrew is a very difficult language to translate, as alot of words depend on the particular enunciation of certain syllables.
Posted by surfride 7 years ago
surfride
actually i was just trying to get your goat. Although I have better things to do than look at your DDO profile. However, if you'd like to continue the argument, you're welcome to it. I believe we were at the part where AiG was defending something that was clearly wrong and you were saying they are a reliable source?
Posted by nickthengineer 7 years ago
nickthengineer
I have been too busy to even sign in to DDO for like a week, which you knew from looking at my profile page. Not quite the same as running from the argument, yet in your mind I have no doubt that that is what you made it out to be.
Posted by FREEDO 7 years ago
FREEDO
Oops, forgot to announce the voting period. All well. Same difference.

Thanks to con for being a good sport.
Posted by surfride 7 years ago
surfride
hmmmm seems nick has vanished. . . What a surprise.
Posted by dabsq 7 years ago
dabsq
I would like to give credits to my opponent, as he/she since I forgot his/her gender, has fulfilled his/her own obligations to this debate, as I failed to do otherwise. I shall make no invalid excuses for not being able to attend to this debate, as I am really busy since it's the 3rd week of the opening of our University, and I am still not well adjusted on the time schedule and everything, and so for that I am sorry for not being able to defend this debate properly...

I as a gentleman, a fair person concede and congratulate freedo for winning...Tnx for having this debate, I hope on having future debates with you once I am well adjusted on my College Schedule.
Posted by FREEDO 7 years ago
FREEDO
It seems Con has still not posted the continuation of his arguments.

I am giving him 1 more day until his turn is declared over and the voters can unequalize the votes.

This gives a 1 day voting period.
Posted by surfride 7 years ago
surfride
You still have yet to provide ANY evidence that AiG is a legitimate source, and you chose to totally ignore my evidence that they are a bunch of liars. So, when you say that you've refuted my arguments, really you've just ignored the ones you don't like and repeated AiG's claim. Yes, if that argument was at all accurate, I might be inclined to change my position somewhat. However, it's not made by a source that can be shown to have any sort of legitimacy. And since YOU have no idea of the original language either, and you admitted it, to say something about "Your attempt to ignore the actual points in the article and regurgitate ancient arguments by Bible haters who have no understanding of the original language" is really just the pot calling the kettle black. The bible could be "one fish two fish" repeated over and over in hebrew for all you or I know, so quit acting as though you have some sort of personal knowledge that I don't. Also: I ignore the points in the article because YOU HAVE YET TO SHOW ME THAT AiG IS A CREDIBLE SOURCE!!!! I really don't like using all caps, but when I have to repeat myself again and again it gets annoying. Until you show me why it's a credible source, I can refute the ENTIRE ARTICLE without debating a single point of it, because its accuracy is in question before you even brought it up.

In summary:
Nick: Look AiG says I'm right!
Surf: AiG is not a credible source
Nick: Prove it!!
Surf: <proves it>
Nick: Look AiG says I'm right!
Rinse and repeat.

If you want to keep going in a circle we can, and I'll keep going. If you're getting tired of me beating on AiG as a source, you have 2 choices: Put up, and show me why they're credible, or shut up and quit repeating the same argument. If you want to debate me on it I'd be more than willing, given that the terms of the debate are reasonable. But if all you want to do is stick your head in the sand and be a blind puppet of AiG, then I'm not interested.
Vote Placed by nickthengineer 7 years ago
nickthengineer
FREEDOdabsqTied
Vote Placed by Rhetorical-Disaster 7 years ago
Rhetorical-Disaster
FREEDOdabsqTied
Vote Placed by Scyrone 7 years ago
Scyrone
FREEDOdabsqTied
Vote Placed by anti-normality 7 years ago
anti-normality
FREEDOdabsqTied
Vote Placed by robbiesp 7 years ago
robbiesp
FREEDOdabsqTied
Vote Placed by AlahE 7 years ago
AlahE
FREEDOdabsqTied
Vote Placed by surfride 7 years ago
surfride
FREEDOdabsqTied
Vote Placed by BellumQuodPacis 7 years ago
BellumQuodPacis
FREEDOdabsqTied
Vote Placed by Yvette 7 years ago
Yvette
FREEDOdabsqTied