Sdgydnhgn
Rasputin45

The Bible can not be proven fake.

Sdgydnhgn

Pro

You can give no absolute prove that the bible is fake. This means that it must PROVE it is fake it can't just be unlikely to be true. The first round is NOT for acceptance. And you don't need to site sources unless you just feel like it.
Rasputin45

Con

I accept but first some rules and definitions.

By 'Fake' I believe this to mean false. You haven't really told me what fake means. Do you mean that I have to argue that 100% of it is false? I don't think thats possible so let's say that I have to argue that the bible can be proven wrong, by proving it wrong.

What Kind of possition do you take? Do you take a literal or lateral way of accepting the biblical stories? I assume literal because you can't prove a symbolic story incorrect.

Rules:
1.BoP is shared.
2.Spelling and grammar are our Gods.
3.Cite your sources

Let us use our best arguments.

Commence.
Sdgydnhgn

Pro

Sdgydnhgn forfeited this round.
Rasputin45

Con

So I assume that by Cannot be proven fake that you mean that you think that everything that the bible says is true. You are taking a literal account of the book.

1. Genesis is the first book of the bible. Genesis couldn't have happened. It couldn't happen because it contradicts evolution, the age of the earth and the age of the universe. In genesis, if it is days instead of ages, God creates man on the 6th day. I can't go around spending this debate proving evolution so I will link you to this debate where I list the evidence supporting evolution.
The main points were that:
1. Animals have attributes that help them survive in certain habitats.
2. Natural selection and artificial selection
3. Repeated behavhiours in animals
4. The fossil record
If evolution is true then the idea that man and all the other billion species variants were created on the same day is false

1.5 The earth is 4.6 billion years old while the universe is 13.7 billion. We think the earth is 4.6 billion years old because scientists have conducted radiometric dating on meteorite and these results were consistent with the ages of the oldest known terrestial and lunar-samples. We think the universe is 13.7 billion because we have measured the cooling and expanding rate of the universe. If the ages are correct then the difference of a couple of days isn't so credible

2. The book of Revelation mentions four times seven spirits. These seven spirits of god seem awfully similar to the seven Amesha Spentas, the seven spirits of Ahura Mazda. Considering that Christianity drew a lot of influence from Zoroastrianism in the form of a good god and an evil devil, this tells us that the bible can possibly be a construed book of books with contradicting ideas and science-confusing stories.

http://www.debate.org...

Sdgydnhgn

Pro

Sdgydnhgn forfeited this round.
Rasputin45

Con

I swear that I have had 5 consecutive debates in which the opponent forfeits his rounds, sometimes before he gives an actual argument. Not only is it infuriating, it's dissapointing.
Sdgydnhgn

Pro

Sdgydnhgn forfeited this round.
Rasputin45

Con

Rasputin45 forfeited this round.
Posted by Rasputin45 3 years ago
Rasputin45
Rule 3 doesn't count because of the sentence I didn't read.
Posted by Rasputin45 3 years ago
Rasputin45
Now I feel like an idiot.
"The first round is NOT for acceptance. And you don't need to site sources unless you just feel like it."
I had to read ONE sentence and I didn't!
Posted by Aircraftfreak1 3 years ago
Aircraftfreak1
I will follow this one.
Posted by Buggie111 3 years ago
Buggie111
Do you mean "100% of the bible is true" or "Any and all parts of the bible are true"?