WyattEarp19
SONOFGOD2013

The Bible contains controdictions and "bad" things.

WyattEarp19

WyattEarp19

Pro

This is for acceptance and rules for round 1 only. However you may provide summary of your posistion on this matter. If you wish to debate follow these simple rules.

1. No insults or vulgarity

2. Provide Citation and links

3. Make an "attempt" to proper spelling and grammar

4. Be respectful

Please let us debate gracefully.

SONOFGOD2013

Con

First tell me what contradictions and bad things the bible has. (:
WyattEarp19

Pro

Well I would probally have to write a book if I had all the "contradictions and bad things" but I can give a descent sample In diffrent categorys. Remember this is the Bible so New and Old Testaments aplly. Which you accepted Lets begin.

Should We Kill?:
  • Exodus 20:13 "Thou shalt not kill."
  • Leviticus 24:17 "And he that killeth any man shall surely be put to death."-So goes God dissprove of killing?

Actually it dosent seem that way.

• Exodus 32:27 "Thus sayeth the Lord God of Israel, Put every man his sword by his side, . . . and slay every man his brother, . . . companion, . . . neighbor."
  • I Samuel 6:19 " . . . and the people lamented because the Lord had smitten many of the people with a great slaughter."
  • I Samuel 15:2,3,7,8 "Thus saith the Lord . . . Now go and smite Amalek, and utterly destroy all that they have, and spare them not; but slay both man and woman, infant and suckling, ox and sheep, camel and
  • And Saul smote the Amalekites . . . and utterly destroyed all the people with the edge of the sword."
  • Numbers 15:36 "And all the congregation brought him without the camp, and stoned him with stones, and he died; as the Lord commanded Moses."
  • Hosea 13:16 "they shall fall by the sword: their infants shall be dashed in pieces, and their women with children shall be ripped up."

Conclusion on murder-It is contradicted in the Bible if you can kill or not. Obviously that is apparent wreading things like-

Hosea 13:16 "they shall fall by the sword: their infants shall be dashed in pieces, and their women with children shall be ripped up."

Isnt the Bible your favorite book?

Should we tell lies?:
  • Exodus 20:16 "Thou shalt not bear false witness."
  • Proverbs 12:22 "Lying lips are an abomination to the Lord."- That is pretty straight forward but wait.

Telling Lies is ok.

• I Kings 22:23 "The Lord hath put a lying spirit in the mouth of all these thy prophets, and the Lord hath spoken evil concerning thee."
  • II Thessalonians 2:11 "And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie."

Conclusion on lies-It is ok to lie.

Should we own slaves?:
  • Leviticus 25:45-46 "Moreover of the children of the strangers that do sojourn among you, of them shall ye buy, . . . and they shall be your possession . . . they shall be your bondmen forever."
  • Genesis 9:25 "And he [Noah] said, Cursed be Canaan; a servant of servants shall he be unto his brethren."
  • Exodus 21:2,7 "If thou buy an Hebrew servant, six years he shall serve: and in the seventh he shall go out free for nothing. . . . And if a man sell his daughter to be a maidservant, she shall not go out as the manservants do."
  • Joel 3:8 "And I will sell your sons and your daughters into the hand of the children of Judah, and they shall sell them to the Sabeans, to a people far off: for the Lord hath spoken it."
  • Luke 12:47,48 [Jesus speaking] "And that servant, which knew his lord's will, and prepared not himself, neither did according to his will, shall be beaten with many stripes. But he that knew not, and did commit things worthy of stripes, shall be beaten with few stripes."
  • Colossians 3:22 "Servants, obey in all things your masters."

But wait I thought the Bible said-

• Isaiah 58:6 "Undo the heavy burdens . . . let the oppressed go free, . . . break every yoke."

Conclusion Slavery is ok.

Does God change his mind?:
  • Malachi 3:6 "For I am the Lord; I change not."
  • Numbers 23:19 "God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent."
  • Ezekiel 24:14 "I the Lord have spoken it: it shall come to pass, and I will do it; I will not go back, neither will I spare, neither will I repent."

Does he change his mind?

• Exodus 32:14 "And the Lord repented of the evil which he thought to do unto his people."
  • Genesis 6:6,7 "And it repented the Lord that he had made man on the earth . . . And the Lord said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth . . . for it repenteth me that I have made him."
  • Jonah 3:10 ". . . and God repented of the evil, that he had said that he would do unto them; and he did it not."

See Genesis 18:23-33, where Abraham gets God to change his mind about the minimum number of righteous people in Sodom required to avoid destruction, bargaining down from fifty to ten. (An omniscient God must have known that he was playing with Abraham's hopes for mercy--he destroyed the city anyway.)

Conclusion God contradicts himself and is NOT omniscient

"First tell me what contradictions and bad things the bible has. (:"

Those are the contradictions also (Im no where near all of them)

What "bad" things does the Bible have? Well Ill allow you to rebuttal and then address that rebuttal and tell you the "bad" things. (:

SONOFGOD2013

Con

You know what I know what's right so I don't need to debate. I can't save anyone only "plant the seed", only god can save you. So me debating what change you my brother.
WyattEarp19

Pro

You know what I know what's right so I don't need to debate. I can't
save anyone only "plant the seed", only god can save you. So me debating
what change you my brother."

So basically by refusing to debate and offering a rebuttal and not arguing for your reasons you concede. By not debating you know that I'm right and your wrong and The Bible is false. Also it is very hard to read something that took you too long to type. Thank you for proving my point.
SONOFGOD2013

Con

All i can say my brother is your blinded my brother by the world. You are being influenced by the devil. It's not your fault though. It's happens to everyone sometimes.
WyattEarp19

Pro

WyattEarp19 forfeited this round.
SONOFGOD2013

Con

Give your agrumentt when your ready.
Posted by ThatOneCoolGuy 2 years ago
ThatOneCoolGuy
I know this is old, but...
"God loves everyone equally"
Does this include those who get abortions? Homosexual?
Posted by SONOFGOD2013 3 years ago
SONOFGOD2013
God loves everybody equally so he doesn't.
Posted by TetsuRiken 3 years ago
TetsuRiken
and "God" thinks your annoying too.
Posted by TetsuRiken 3 years ago
TetsuRiken
perhaps perhaps not who knows.
Posted by SONOFGOD2013 3 years ago
SONOFGOD2013
Is that supposed to offend me ? I only care of what god thinks of me.
Posted by TetsuRiken 3 years ago
TetsuRiken
And if I had to rate you from 1 to 10 youd be a 10 theher peson that I know that is at that level and let me tell you its hard to be at that level depending on the subject, day, and my mood I can be any level.
Posted by SONOFGOD2013 3 years ago
SONOFGOD2013
Ya you are
Posted by TetsuRiken 3 years ago
TetsuRiken
James I am the expert of annoying.
Posted by SONOFGOD2013 3 years ago
SONOFGOD2013
I bet you do.
Posted by TetsuRiken 3 years ago
TetsuRiken
It's not help it's annoying and trust me I know annoying.
Vote Placed by TetsuRiken 3 years ago
TetsuRiken
WyattEarp19SONOFGOD2013Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Con didn't debate and if he had it wouldn't have mattered Pro had a superior debate.
Vote Placed by MrVan 3 years ago
MrVan
WyattEarp19SONOFGOD2013Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Con didn't even bother debating and resorted to personal attacks on the third round.