The Bible does NOT support the teaching of the Immortal Soul

I was thinking of some good Debating topics and I think this will be a good debate that both sides can have a civil Debate over.

Personal Religion is NOT a factor here.

Anything said in round 1 is not to be considered in the Voting, That includes Source Links, Arguments, Grammar,Conduct.

You can be a atheist you can be a Catholic Muslim Baptist ect ect.

The Bible in this debate will be the MAIN source material

Round 1 will be for acceptance, Both Pro and Con will hold the responsibility of BOF and Rebuttals

Round 1 Acceptance

Round 2-4 BOF and Rebuttals

If my Opponent has any objection to Definitions provided or rules he must PM me BEFORE he posts his acceptance.

You may accept the debate and then PM me but do not post your acceptance in round 1 if you do have a problem, PM me first, and we will talk.

This is not a debate on if we go to heaven or hell or what happens after Death this is a debate on is the Soul IMMORTAL CAN it DIE

Definition of Immortal [1]

not mortal; not liable or subject to death; undying: our immortal souls.
not liable to perish or decay; imperishable; everlasting.

Definition of Soul [2]

human being; person.

Definition The Bible [3]

the collection of sacred writings of the Christian religion, comprising the Old and New Testaments.

Definition of support [4]

to bear or hold up (a load, mass, structure, part, etc.); serve as a foundation for. (In this case the Bible)

Definition Teaching [5]

something that is taught.

(Again these do not count toward the Source material vote)

[1] -

[2] -

[3] -

[4] -

[5] -

Yes, thank you, I accept.

I believe I understand the format.

I have no problems with it.

Again, than you,

I thank my opponent very much for accepting this debate. This is my first serious debate that I am sure I will enjoy very much.

Let Us Begin!

I want to start this off by establishing something.

I will use many translations of the Bible in this Debate including the King James, (However the King James has many known Errors in it, That Is why I will not use it exclusively)

but ATLEAST 90% of all Bible translations give the same Gist with only slightly different wording.

I will now like to establish something first.

2 timothy 3:16 From the Weymouth Bible [1] Every Scripture is inspired by God and is useful for teaching, for convincing, for correction of error, and for instruction in right doing;

[1] -

EVERY Scripture is Inspired by God.

Now I will start this debate off with what I would believe the most Direct scripture that shows the Bible does not support the Immortal Soul.

Ecclesiastes 9:5,6 From the Standard King James Version [2]
5For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not any thing, neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten.
6Also their love, and their hatred, and their envy, is now perished; neither have they any more a portion for ever in any thing that is done under the sun.

[2] -

We all know that we are going to die someday But the DEAD they do not know ANY THING they ave no reward the remember NOTHING they do not love hate envy its all perished they have no things that belong to them that is done under the sun.

The Bible clearly says the DEAD. To have a immortal soul you cannot be DEAD.

Please turn with me to John 11:12-38 [3] From the Standard King James Version [3]

11These things said he: and after that he saith unto them, Our friend Lazarus sleepeth; but I go, that I may awake him out of sleep.
12Then said his disciples, Lord, if he sleep, he shall do well.
13Howbeit Jesus spoke of his death: but they thought that he had spoken of taking of rest in sleep.
14Then said Jesus unto them plainly, Lazarus is dead.
15And I am glad for your sakes that I was not there, to the intent ye may believe; nevertheless let us go unto him.
16Then said Thomas, which is called Didymus, unto his fellowdisciples, Let us also go, that we may die with him.
17Then when Jesus came, he found that he had lain in the grave four days already.
18Now Bethany was nigh unto Jerusalem, about fifteen furlongs off:
19And many of the Jews came to Martha and Mary, to comfort them concerning their brother.
20Then Martha, as soon as she heard that Jesus was coming, went and met him: but Mary sat still in the house.
21Then said Martha unto Jesus, Lord, if thou hadst been here, my brother had not died.
22But I know, that even now, whatsoever thou wilt ask of God, God will give it thee.
23Jesus saith unto her, Thy brother shall rise again.
24Martha saith unto him, I know that he shall rise again in the resurrection at the last day.
25Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:
26And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?
27She saith unto him, Yea, Lord: I believe that thou art the Christ, the Son of God, which should come into the world.
28And when she had so said, she went her way, and called Mary her sister secretly, saying, The Master is come, and calleth for thee.
29As soon as she heard that, she arose quickly, and came unto him.
30Now Jesus was not yet come into the town, but was in that place where Martha met him.
31The Jews then which were with her in the house, and comforted her, when they saw Mary, that she rose up hastily and went out, followed her, saying, She goeth unto the grave to weep there.
32Then when Mary was come where Jesus was, and saw him, she fell down at his feet, saying unto him, Lord, if thou hadst been here, my brother had not died.
33When Jesus therefore saw her weeping, and the Jews also weeping which came with her, he groaned in the spirit, and was troubled,
34And said, Where have ye laid him? They said unto him, Lord, come and see.
35Jesus wept.
36Then said the Jews, Behold how he loved him!
37And some of them said, Could not this man, which opened the eyes of the blind, have caused that even this man should not have died?
38Jesus therefore again groaning in himself cometh to the grave. It was a cave, and a stone lay upon it.

Notice in verse 14 14Then said Jesus unto them plainly, Lazarus is dead.

Verse 13 we see that Jesus spoke of DEATH

Verse 21Then said Martha unto Jesus, Lord, if thou hadst been here, my brother had not died.

Verse 32Then when Mary was come where Jesus was, and saw him, she fell down at his feet, saying unto him, Lord, if thou hadst been here, my brother had not died.

verse 35Jesus wept.

I ask my opponent why was Jesus crying if the soul was Immortal?

I welcome my opponents response and I praise the fact that no matter who the voters choose to win this debate either way the Bible wins.

ebg forfeited this round.

I was looking forward to a good debate!

Hopefully my opponent will return to start the next round

Since I have nothing to rebuttal

and I have no need to give anymore BoF in till my opponent rebuttals it

I have nothing to really say here.

But I will not let this part of the debate go uninteresting!

Please enjoy this youtube video.

Here is one of Julian smiths awesome videos.

"Its always on a Saturday"

P.S. Johnny died.

ebg forfeited this round.

Well it appears my opponent has left DDO at least for now.

I encourage my voters to vote Pro!

And enjoy this music video ^^

Neon Trees - Everybody Talks

ebg forfeited this round.
Vote Placed by Clash 4 years ago
Reasons for voting decision: Full forfeit by Con.