Loubna
chivalrousSinner

The Bible faced misinterpretations/mistranslations

Loubna

Pro

First round for acceptance, Good luck !
chivalrousSinner

Con

Alright then! Let's do this.
Loubna

Pro

First of all, it's well known the "Christian-Jew" debate on the verse of Isaiah 7:14 which states : The Lord Himself will give you a sign. Behold the Almah (הָעַלְמָה) shall conceive and give birth to a son and she shall call his name Immanuel." and here we find Christians translating the word into "The Virgin" to prove that Jesus is the Messiah prophesied in Isaiah while Jews translate it into the word "younf woman" and claims Christians are Mistranlating the word, so whether you're a Christian oe Jew , you BELIEVE that there's a MISTRANSLATION of the text, it's not an assumption it's a FACT proving that indeed the Quran wasn't lying when it claims that the People of the Book (Christians and Jews) are MISTRANSLATING some of the Holy Text when it says "Yuharifoon Al Kalm A'n mawdi'hi" in other words mistranslating. Indeed the whole text of Isaiah is a field of debate between Jews and Christians , for many reasons :
1- that the prophecy of Isaiah was given to King Ahaz while Christians belive it's about Jesus.
2- Immanuel prophecy in Judaism has nothing to do with Jesus while Christians belive that it means "God is with us " and that it is referring to Jesus
3- Isaiah 53: "52:13 “Behold, My servant will prosper.” Israel in the singular is called God’s servant throughout Isaiah, both explicitly" jews use this verse to prove that the servant is Israel not Jesus at all.

To wrap it up, what I wanted to prove that Christians believe the Jews Misinterpret and translate the Bible and jews too belive that Christians are manipulating the context of the Bible so wether my opponent is Christan or Jew he BELIEVES that the other religion is misinterpreting his Holy Book so isn't that just a proof ? Goodluck !

Sources :
jews for Judaism website
chivalrousSinner

Con

Alright. So, what you're saying is that the Jews believe Christians are mistranslating the Broble, and that Christians believe the Jews are mistranslating, too.
Christ, this is really hard to argue about...
Well, I can't, actually. You phrased your argument in such a way that it is literally impossible for me to answer in any other way then agreeing with you. You said, in the "wrap it up" section, you said "I wanted to prove that Christians believe the Jews Misinterpret and translate the Bible and jews too belive that Christians are manipulating the context of the Bible so wether my opponent is Christan or Jew he BELIEVES that the other religion is misinterpreting his Holy Book". Well, all of that is completely true.
This isn't a debate, this is you proving something, so I don't even think this belongs on the website.
But good job on making me unable to speak.
Loubna

Pro

Loubna forfeited this round.
chivalrousSinner

Con

>Opponent forfeits round
>What do
Loubna

Pro

Loubna forfeited this round.
chivalrousSinner

Con

chivalrousSinner forfeited this round.