Bgirlctforlife
Commen_Knowledge_97

The Bible is MIND CONTROL

Bgirlctforlife

Bgirlctforlife

Pro

The bible is a way of telling people how to live their life. It bans homosexuality and any other religion and therefore homosexuality in the church is apparently revolting. (according to many Catholics) we should know how to be a good person without a God and a hope for "Heaven"
Commen_Knowledge_97

Con

The bible is a study for life. Jesus died on the cross for you! Everyone! WIll that not ever be enough? The bible says homosexuality is not right? yes! But, it also says that we should treat them with love. God created us. Why not live the way that the creator tells us to? It only makes sense. For the Catholics and Christians that are very stuck up and judgmental to other, they need to look back at the bible. Last time I checked Jesus was not stuck up and judgmental. The fifth of salvation is greater then anything anybody says. I read the bible daily, it helps me get through my days.
Bgirlctforlife

Pro

God is not real. It does say they must treat everybody right, but homosexuality is supposed to be a real thing people can not stop. There is nothing wrong with that. I bet he was a fiction people made up, and heaven was an idea that people want to believe because their life is bad. Plus, he didn't die for US. They were going to kill him anyway. If he wants to be taken out, why not say "I'm dying for your sins"
If religion was not real, we would've avoided the religious ages of confusion. We'd be more advanced. There is no evidence of him. The bible is mind control because it tells us all these things we must do that we should already know. (like not stealing or killing)
Commen_Knowledge_97

Con

God is real! Jesus Died for our sins their are real evidence out their! He did miracles and everything! Why are you against God? Why would he say that when he rose again and every knew it was true! I suppose you believe a big boom created everything so perfect? WOW. I don't know anything about your or your life but I know God is real! I have seen it in my own life. Now I suppose you are going to deny what has happened in my life? I have proof in my life!
Bgirlctforlife

Pro

I have gone through a lot and prayed when I was a religious person but times have changed. It makes me think- if he was real he'd be able to answer our prayers and listen. When you have seen God, are you sure you were feeling alright? The Big Bang is real. There is scientific truth behind it. I highly dislike when Christians do not believe in the Big Bang and evolution. There is scientific evidence. Also, who invented God? That idea has so many plot holes.
Commen_Knowledge_97

Con

Commen_Knowledge_97 forfeited this round.
Bgirlctforlife

Pro

Bgirlctforlife forfeited this round.
Commen_Knowledge_97

Con

Posted by dhardage 2 years ago
dhardage
That is a load of religious twaddle that has no bearing on the subject at all. Preaching doesn't win reasoned debates.
Posted by cheyennebodie 2 years ago
cheyennebodie
God judges more by our words than anything else.Jesus said, " by your words are you justified and by your words are you condemned".That "metaphor " is man's history. Adam destroyed the bridge to life, By accepting the word of a fallen being. Over the giver of life.He cut the bond , not God. God saw that man was in deep trouble. Spiritual death was now lodged in his spirit.There was no way to get it out unless he could recreate the man.To do that he would have to go back on his word that he gave man dominion over all creation.

The only thing he could do was use the law of geneses and create another man like the first one.That is where Jesus came in. Now this new man could , by faith, make a new road for man to walk in. He would have to accept the law of sin and death in his own spirit.But because he never broke the law of life, it was there illegally. So, he , by faith , was raised from the dead to head up a new race of man.The reborn man.But it had to still be voluntary. Each of us are invited to cross over, but God is dedicated to not forcing anyone across.

Jesus accepted the law of sin and death voluntarily by faith, and we are required to accept the law of life voluntarily by faith. It is the great exchange.His life for your death. And your death for his life.
Posted by missmedic 2 years ago
missmedic
I do not want to misunderstand you, but when you speak in metaphors the point your trying to make is hard to grasp sometimes. However I will stand by my previous statement.
No just God would ever judge a man by his beliefs rather than his actions.
Posted by cheyennebodie 2 years ago
cheyennebodie
God saw that man destroyed the bridge to life. Because of God's dedication the truth and freedom to choose,, he could not reverse it when it happened.All he could do is open another bridge.And invite all to cross over.He is waving his arms saying, " the road you are on is crossing a bridge that has been destroyed". It will not end well for you.Take this new road ( covenant) , and cross over in safety.

You can be just as stiffnecked as you want to be, but it will not change these things.
Posted by cheyennebodie 2 years ago
cheyennebodie
I will keep him.Your problem is you think that we are born somehow free from the law of sin and death and can just live right and all things will be right.Everyone of us were born into the race of man, fallen from our original state.Subject to death and all the ramifications of its laws. You see God as a person sitting there with all that power and not stopping it.How would he do that? The only way would be to take from us the right to choose. Since it is man who implements that law of death.

He offers us grace, which means all of us can receive his life. It matters not to him what evil we have done, grace means all of us can go. The bible says he died for the ungodly. That was me. That means he died for me , and he did for you too. Now if YOU want to pay for all the evil YOU have done, have at it.But as for me, I will accept the fruit of the trade. He traded his life for my death.
Posted by missmedic 2 years ago
missmedic
Keep your god, for he is either evil, impotent or imaginary. It does not matter how just, kind, and generous people have been with their fellow humans during their lifetime: if they do not accept the gospel of Jesus, they are condemned. No just God would ever judge a man by his beliefs rather than his actions.
So it's love and worship a crazy homophobic psychotic, or burn in hell forever?
I find it easer to not believe then to make that choice, but I do choose to live with logic and reason.
Posted by cheyennebodie 2 years ago
cheyennebodie
You are right. The bible tells man how to live a prosperous and healthy life. And it tells us what lifestyle will bring poverty and sickness.And , O yes, it also promises eternal life where there is no death at all. Sounds like a pretty good deal to me.

And the amazing thing is God will accept anyone.It matters not how good you are or how bad you are not.All he wants is us to accept what he says. If we accept his word, he will accept our word. If we reject hois word, then he has no choice than to reject our word.
Posted by dbushwacker 2 years ago
dbushwacker
Now, I'm not a very religious person, I like to put thought before zeal per say. But I believe that the book is a good thing, perhaps it was made by corrupt people but it has a good message either way, how else did it become so popular. It teaches good things, it helps us lead a better life, in fact without faith I would not be the man I am today. Jesus was real by the way, all evidence points to him being real, and that is from multiple sources around the world. Perhaps people take it too seriously, perhaps no matter how you look at things someone is always wrong, but that doesn't mean that the Bible is specifically bad. It should continue to have an existence in life, for those people who have so little to live for, but don't just take anyone and label people according to their faith. Good luck to the both of you, may the best debater win. :p
Posted by missmedic 2 years ago
missmedic
The Bible is supposedly God's perfect Word. It contains instructions to humankind for avoiding the eternal fires of hell. How wonderful and kind of this God to provide us with this means of overcoming the problems for which he is ultimately responsible! The all-powerful God could have, by a mere act of will, eliminated all of the problems we humans must endure, but instead, in his infinite wisdom, he has opted to offer this indecipherable amalgam of books which is the Bible as a means for avoiding the hell which he has prepared for us. The perfect God has decided to reveal his wishes in this imperfect work, written in the imperfect language of imperfect man, translated, copied, interpreted, voted on, and related by imperfect man. No two men will ever agree what this perfect word of God is supposed to mean, since much of it is either self- contradictory, or obscured by enigmatic symbols. And yet the perfect God expects us imperfect humans to understand this paradoxical riddle using the imperfect minds with which he has equipped us. Surely the all-wise and all-powerful God would have known that it would have been better to reveal his perfect will directly to each of us, rather than to allow it to be debased and perverted by the imperfect language and botched interpretations of man.
Posted by dhardage 2 years ago
dhardage
Of course it is mind control. Every religion is about the priests or officials having control of their flock. The only difference is the level of control. A religion that exercises complete control if often called a cult, but the only real difference is degree.
Vote Placed by dhardage 2 years ago
dhardage
BgirlctforlifeCommen_Knowledge_97Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Con was unable to refute the readings from the very source of the debate and abandoned the debate before Pro.
Vote Placed by chewster911 2 years ago
chewster911
BgirlctforlifeCommen_Knowledge_97Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Neither side presented any strong arguments. Since Con forfeited first, i shall give Pro a conduct point.
Vote Placed by dsjpk5 2 years ago
dsjpk5
BgirlctforlifeCommen_Knowledge_97Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro ff less, so conduct to Pro. However, Pro's argument was nonsensical. If the Bible is mind control, then all instruction manuals are mind control.
Vote Placed by o0jeannie0o 2 years ago
o0jeannie0o
BgirlctforlifeCommen_Knowledge_97Tied
Reasons for voting decision: this wasn't really a debate. pro only got points because con said "I have proof in my life!" but your life is not proof. You did not convince me that your opinion is worth anything. You could be a lunatic or a scholar and I would not know. You did not back up your opinion with facts.