Mikal
twheel85

The Bible is Perfect.

Mikal

Mikal

Con

Resolution : The bible is perfect ( or without error), and all the events in it should be considered credible, viable, and empirical sources. Pro is acknowledging the bible should be read literally and not metaphorically and that all the stories and accounts in the bible are true.

We are taking on a shared BOP.

Rules

(1) Forfeit of a round will result in the loss of a conduct point. Forfeit of both rounds will result in a full 7 point win for the opposite contender.
(2) No new evidence shall be presented in the last round that is meant for rebuttals and crystallizing points.
(3) Evidence should be cited
(4) Valid RFDs must be provided for votes.
(5) 24 hour argument time
(6) 10,000 word limit
(7) Failure from Pro to type "no round as agreed upon" in the last round will be considered a concession and result in his/her loss by a full 7 points, seeing as how this will give him/her an extra round.

Structure

Me
R1: Position and rules
R2: Opening Argument no rebuttals
R3 : Rebuttals, re building previous points, and closing arguments

Adversary
R1: Opening Arguments
R2 : Rebuttals, re building previous points, and closing arguments
R3 : Shall type "no round as agreed upon"
twheel85

Pro

I am Christian and I read the bible however I disagree with you when you say the entire bible should be taken literally. In the beginning of the bible it says God created the world in 7 days. I do not believe this to be literal because humans were not created in 1 day we slowly evolved. Therefore we could not of been created in 1 day because it took thousands of years.
Mikal

Con

My adversary has offered a concession. Notice in the resolution, I typed pro is acknowledging that the bible should be read literally.

Pro has claimed in his R1 stance that it should not. He has changed the resolution and therefore there is nothing to debate. Remember he has taken the debate under the guidelines and rules above. I clearly state that the resolution is as follows

"Resolution : The bible is perfect ( or without error), and all the events in it should be considered credible, viable, and empirical sources. Pro is acknowledging the bible should be read literally and not metaphorically and that all the stories and accounts in the bible are true. "

Pro has conceded this debate by changing the resolution.
twheel85

Pro

twheel85 forfeited this round.
Mikal

Con

Due to a FF by my adversary and him changing the resolution, there is nothing to debate sadly. This is a concession and full ff.
twheel85

Pro

twheel85 forfeited this round.
Posted by Mikal 3 years ago
Mikal
He is saying that some of it should be read literally the other metaphorically.
Posted by Mikal 3 years ago
Mikal
Posted by Romanii 3 years ago
Romanii
@donald.keller:
Unless I misunderstood, you are saying that the Bible shouldn't be taken literally, right?
Posted by donald.keller 3 years ago
donald.keller
Any error I have noticed in the Bible so far is on behalf of the human writing it, but the meanings don't contradict. Much like how John says Jesus said something one way, but Luke says he said it another way. All human error, but it doesn't really change the message at all... And that's the point... To remind everyone that the people God uses aren't perfect... That he acts through imperfect people. While his message is perfect, the messenger isn't. Jesus/God spends a lot of time trying to convey that message.

That would be the philosophical answer.

Mikal has to remember the difference in Prescriptive text and Descriptive text when making an argument, or he'll end up in a corner.
Posted by 2-D 3 years ago
2-D
@Gabbs No that was Old Testament.... you're reading the bible wrong.
Posted by HanSangYoon 3 years ago
HanSangYoon
The debate limits are way too tight; please make it a lot looser so I can join. Let me ask: A week per round?
Posted by gabbsmcswaggin 3 years ago
gabbsmcswaggin
Itll be really hard to find someone who believes that the bible says we need to put witches to death.
Vote Placed by 2-D 3 years ago
2-D
Mikaltwheel85Tied
Reasons for voting decision: FF, missing commas, and dropped arguments.
Vote Placed by bsh1 3 years ago
bsh1
Mikaltwheel85Tied