The Bible is Perfect.

Resolution : The bible is perfect ( or without error), and all the events in it should be considered credible, viable, and empirical sources. Pro is acknowledging the bible should be read literally and not metaphorically and that all the stories and accounts in the bible are true.

We are taking on a shared BOP.

(1) Forfeit of a round will result in the loss of a conduct point. Forfeit of both rounds will result in a full 7 point win for the opposite contender.
(2) No new evidence shall be presented in the last round because that is meant for rebuttals and crystallizing points.
(3) Evidence should be cited
(4) Valid RFDs must be provided for votes.
(5) 48 hour argument time
(6) 10,000 word limit
(7) Failure from Pro to type "no round as agreed upon" in the last round will be considered a concession and result in his/her loss by a full 7 points, seeing as how this will give him/her an extra round.

R1: Position and rules
R2: Opening Argument no rebuttals
R3 : Rebuttals, re building previous points, and closing arguments

R1: Opening Arguments
R2 : Rebuttals, re building previous points, and closing arguments
R3 : Shall type "no round as agreed upon"

I may not be able to defend the position that it is amazing. However, I find no imperfection about it.

The story itself may seem childish, but its only a story. He is only able to do what is within his nature, as he is perceived as an omnipotent being. And it seems like he can do lots more than us.

My adversary has taken the rules and regulations of this debate, and as agreed to defend the position that the bible is flawless and every story and account in the bible is true. He has not presented a defense, so I am just going to offer some basic contentions.

The Flood

The flood in the bible quite possibly could have been taken from other accounts within history. The bible claims that is literally the truth, and most people believe this happened in the way that the bible has described. Let us view some facts. Mesopotamia is the first civilization ever to exist[1]. In this civilization the first novel in history was written and it was called The Epic of Gilgamesh[2]. In this Novel the accounts of the flood in the book of Genesis, happen almost word for word. There are different characters and different Gods in The Epic of Gilgamesh but it is essentially the same story in the bible. For a full comparison of the Book of Genesis and The Epic of Gilgamesh see [3].

Since Mesopotamia birthed every civilization after it, the Hebrews and Jews (whom wrote the bible) were not even around at the time the book was written. The epic pre dated the birth of their civilization, yet the story in the bible is literally almost the same story word for word. The only logical explanation for this, is that the accounts in the bible are false and were taken from the epic novel when cultures were being mixed and spread.

The Accounts of Genesis.

This is probably the most plausible and logical reason to assume the bible is not coherent. We in billions of years upon the earth, have never witnessed an animal coherently function and speak as well as humans. Some birds and other animals can speak and repeat what they hear, but nothing in the realm of actually speaking what they are thinking. Monkeys which are our closest ancestors in the animal realm, can communicate with sign language but are not able to speak.

The accounts of Genesis claim that God created two people. These two people could speak to animals and were forbidden from eating from the tree of life. A talking snake convinced the women to eat fruit from the tree, and God punished them and threw them out of the garden(which has never been found). In addition to this they bore 3 sons. There was Adam , Eve, Cain, Abel, and Seth. From this family the entire earth was populated. This is almost psychically and intrinsically impossible. For this story to be true, animals would have to have been able to talk. Adam and his sons would have had to have incest with their mother and their daughters, and their daughters daughters in order to populate the earth and form different civilizations. Nothing in our history books and archaeological records has shown this is an accurate and literal account of how people began to function. Every detail we have has shown us that the Mesopotamia were the first living humans on the earth, and from that giant civilization more civilizations were bread. We have no physical evidence to believe the accounts in Genesis.

In Closing

I would have gone way more in depth but my adversary has failed to produce any contentions or present a proper case, so I am going to keep it simple for now. No point to be precise and build a strong case, if he is just going to type a line or two. He has already wasted his round for contentions, so I am going to avoid using all 10k characters since there is no need.

Suck my d*ck, b*tch. uou are a worthless mothaf*cka

My adversary has conceded along with proving his limited intellect. Vote Con.

Posted by Romanii 2 years ago
Wow, this must be one of the most heavily regulated debates I've ever seen.
Posted by Mikal 2 years ago
There is no way to do it any other way. If I allow people to say it is a metaphor, any circumstance that I present can be labeled as such.
Posted by Mikal 2 years ago
Posted by JoshuaTB 2 years ago
I see what you are trying to do with saying that no one can call anything in the Bible a metaphor, just saying "oh, um, it's a metaphor!" But some things can be used as nothing but metaphor. It would be unfair for me to tell you that you can't use any metaphors, and foolish if I took your metaphors as fact.
Vote Placed by thett3 2 years ago
Reasons for voting decision: Unfortunately for Pro, this debate wasn't a battle of insults, but one of wits. It seems that Pro calling Con every name his dangerously low IQ level allowed led to his defeat in this debate. I also judged the round on the avatars. Mikal has a picture of himself with a girl on his lap, SubjectiveMorality has a fake picture of himself at a graduation, all alone. And he's wearing glasses like a foureyed weirdo. Again, clear Con win here.