The Bible is a truthful record of the Earth's history
Debate Rounds (5)
1. The widely accepted theory of evolution, (which is backed by undeniable, hard evidence), dispels any notion of our species being created by instantly by a God.
2. Various dating methods (such as carbon dating and ice core dating) have proven that our planet is much older than the bible states it to be.
3. The story of Noah's ark has been proven to be extremely unlikely, if not false, by the lack of any discovery of colossal ark remains. Furthermore, a tree in Sweden has been found to be 9550 years old. It is far older than the date of Noah's flood, so how could a Swedish tree survive a flood sent by God to "destroy all life"?
4. There are thousands of other religions in our world, all of which contradict every other religion. What makes Christianity the one correct religion?
1. How would these mountains and canyons still be in shape if it was formed Millions or Billions of years old?
2. Many articles of evolution have been proven to be fake and false
3. Noah's Ark has been found
4. There has to be a creator of all things. They can't form by themselves
1. I would like to see your evidence of evolution being proven false. Simply stating it doesn't make it true, you must be able to provide some sort of proof. The proof for evolution is in the fossil records, and observations can be made of microevolution taking place in fruit flies, guppies, insects, etc. Here is an additional link to the Smithsonian that better describes the fossil records. http://humanorigins.si.edu...
2. You completely disregarded my argument, I said that modern dating methods have discovered the Earth to be much older than 6000 years. Please address my argument instead of changing the subject. source: http://en.wikipedia.org...
As for what you said in the place of an actual argument, it doesn't make much sense. Mountains are formed by colliding and separating tectonic plates, which are constantly moving very slowly. It's a concept taught in Elementary school. Mountains are constantly being formed, and canyons are formed by extremely long periods of erosion. Geographic formations are always changing; they either grow or shrink with time.
3. I have no reason to believe that Noah's ark has been found unless you can show me proof. Please back up your claims with evidence.
4. Again, you ignored my argument. Please address it.
And to answer your statement, There does not have to be a creator. Science can not pinpoint where matter originated, but it does offer possible explanations such as the big bang theory. There is no evidence of a "creator" existing. If there was a "creator", where did it come from? As you said, everything must have a creator. So who/what created god?
clashofclans forfeited this round.
Besides there needs to be a creator of the universe as science says. It couldn't have just formed by itself as evolution states.
And as I previously stated no tree could have survived that long it would have died and dont get me started with what the animals could have done to the tree
To address your other argument, I would much rather listen to scholars and scientists. They devote their lives to determining truths, and back up their theories with evidence. Who told you that God exists? Humans who can lie? Until proven otherwise, "God our creator" is a character from a book written by humans (humans who can lie). The only "evidence" for the existence of the Christian God is the Bible itself. The Bible claims to be true, but does that make it true? No. If I tell you that I am a talking giraffe typing this on a laptop I built out of grass and leaves, does that make me correct? No, it proves nothing. Anybody or anything can claim to be correct, but they will never be correct until they prove them self through physical evidence. If I showed up to your house and you saw that I am indeed a talking giraffe, you would be justified in believing me. The Bible is only a book. While the Bible is an interesting piece of literature, it has no credibility.
Where exactly does science say that the universe needs a creator? Please send me a link. Evolution states no such thing; evolution only explains how species change over time due to certain DNA traits giving an organism a better chance to survive and breed. Science can not currently explain how the universe came to be, but the answer may be found some time in the future. I encourage you to read about the theory of evolution; it's some interesting stuff.
You never said a single word about the tree, so I'm not sure what you mean by "as I previously stated." http://www.sciencedaily.com...
Here, read about the tree. If "no tree could have survived that long", why are there multiple trees older than 6000 years?
clashofclans forfeited this round.
I was not here to debate but to rather spread the good news
Repent for your sins and beleive in the Lord Jesus Christ!
He will save you from going to hell and you will go to heaven!
Turn away from the devil Satan for he is trying to drag away as many people as possible into hell with him!
1 votes has been placed for this debate.
Vote Placed by Zarroette 2 years ago
|Agreed with before the debate:||-||-||0 points|
|Agreed with after the debate:||-||-||0 points|
|Who had better conduct:||-||-||1 point|
|Had better spelling and grammar:||-||-||1 point|
|Made more convincing arguments:||-||-||3 points|
|Used the most reliable sources:||-||-||2 points|
|Total points awarded:||4||0|
Reasons for voting decision: In the words of Pro: "I was not here to debate but to rather spread the good news". Pro dropped most arguments as the debate progressed, whilst Con's points and counter-points remained in tact. Therefore, Con wins arguments. Conduct to Con for Pro's round forfeits.
You are not eligible to vote on this debate
This debate has been configured to only allow voters who meet the requirements set by the debaters. This debate either has an Elo score requirement or is to be voted on by a select panel of judges.