Sandy_358
Jonathananzante

The Bible is corrupted.

Sandy_358 has forfeited round #3.

Sandy_358

Pro

I believe that the Bible is corrupt for reasons that will be discussed in this debate. Your job is to defend the Bible as you see fit. I wish you good luck!
Jonathananzante

Con

The bible has not been corrupted. We can see the truth in it if we look. Noah's ark has been found.
Source: (https://answersingenesis.org...). Even the Qu'ran says it isn't:" Rejected were the messengers before thee: with patience and constancy they bore their rejection and their wrongs, until Our aid did reach them: there is none that can alter the words (and decrees) of Allah. Already hast thou received some account of those messengers," (6:34) Source: (https://carm.org...) . Various parts of the bible can be proven true if you compare it with evidence
Sandy_358

Pro

I'm very sorry, but I will be away for awhile and can't post. I must forfeit the debate because I will be unable to participate due to lack of time. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Posted by TheUnexaminedLife 7 months ago
TheUnexaminedLife
I have issue with the word 'corrupted' here for it suggests that there was a modicum of divine inspiration in it in the first place then distorted by man (i.e. it begs the question). If you permit that the Bible is the word of God, then you have no grounds for excluding parts of it as 'false' for you cannot differentiate between that which is man and God-made. What you would be doing then is applying your own judgement and values onto the text, extending it with your own personal fallibility. Hence, the Bible isn't corrupted, it is fictional with many fallible yet moral reflections in it individuals can extend with by their own personal biases and views.
Posted by Moelogy 7 months ago
Moelogy
Entire chapters in mark are not found in the original manuscripts. Literally the chapters about ressurection do not occur in the original manuscripts of mark
Posted by MakeDebatingGreatAgain 7 months ago
MakeDebatingGreatAgain
I believe that the bible contains some corruption, but it is mainly organized religion itself that causes the corruption. Any organization will always be corrupt, but the church showcases extensive corruption, and it attempts to hide it from the general public. The sheep brained followers of institutions such as the catholic and Mormon churches will never see the hidden corruption within the churches, but when taking an objective view, the atrocities committed by the church become apparent. The genocides in the bible may or may not be true, but the genocides of the church are extensively proven, and showcase that the corruption of organized religion only amplifies the corruption in the scripture. This is just my thoughts on it, and I try to hate on the church rather than the bible, because the church is what exercises the corruption and is what pulls in more followers to be converted into sheep. Without the church, the bible is simply a crappy old book written by the Romans.
Posted by MrDelaney 7 months ago
MrDelaney
You need to define what you mean by 'corrupt'
Posted by backwardseden 7 months ago
backwardseden
There really is no defense for the bible. I mean after all in it god hates children, he causes many massive genocides and clearly gets pleasure from it rather than bringing in peace, he hates gays, he hates women in general, he loves raped women etc etc etc. And there's not one single solid piece of evidence that this god even exists. Then you have this jesus character who was knowingly created to suffer horrifically. Now what does suffering teach unto children, much less unto anyone? And you've got to ask yourself why would this god only create one jesus? Why not hundreds, thousands, millions all speaking in the same tongue of god to spread his magnificent (yeah right ) word. And yet nobody can prove that this jesus character even existed as well. Then you have this satan character. god murdered 2,821,364 and satan 10. Where's the math? The great flood couldn't have happened according to the bible's way of telling it. moses was pure evil (read about him in numbers 31) god is so insecure he orders that if people don't believe in him for them to be stoned to death Deuteronomy 13: 9-10. Its a horrific book. And for what? This god could have brought on an era of peace. No he chose war, hate, evil, anger, wrath, vengeance, rage, fury, jealousy. Jealousy? From a supreme deity? Jealousy is nothing but anger as disguised fear. And then all of those emotions prove that this god is imperfect. Even worse is this supposed god neatly passed down all of those emotions down to man so in turn man could learn to hate with at least 1 billion dead on the battlefields alone all in the supposed "good" name of god. Great going god! Keep up the good work.