RESEARCHisbest
mysterygirl101

The Bible is innaccurate

RESEARCHisbest

Pro

Rule

1. No plagiarism; Don't copy someone else's work and claim it as your own.

Failure to follow THIS RULE (In singular form because, there's only 1!) will result in a 7-point forfeiture.

Presentation

Noah's Ark

Noah's ark was constructed OUT OF WOOD!

So, according to the Bible: "
11 In the six hundredth year of Noah’s life, in the second month, the seventeenth day of the month, on kthat day all lthe fountains of the great deep were broken up, and the mwindows of heaven were opened."[1]

So, much brighter light was emmitted onto the Earth, emanating from Heaven, thus illuminating more. It also implies the release of water, possibly through large fissures in the ground or sea floor. So, there is potential energy; It wanted to escape. So, when water was released, it probably would've been very catastrophical.

So, considering the powerful striking, it would have annahilated the ark. However, according to the Bible, it didn't.

s://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com...; alt="" />

Also, considering the amount it had to carry, it would've collapsed the ark; According to the Bible: "

Bring a pair of every kind of animal—a male and a female—into the boat with you to keep them alive during the flood.

Pairs of every kind of bird, and every kind of animal, and every kind of small animal that scurries along the ground, will come to you to be kept alive.

And be sure to take on board enough food for your family and for all the animals.""[2]

ALL currently existing animals, during Noah's 400 yr. old period, were invited to the ark.

Also, regardless of grip, both would've occured (The grip makes the middle of a wooden plank more susceptible/vulnerable (Synonyms) to breakage)

Prayers

Some people (Like my Christian grandfather (Who passed away)) have been in the hospital. They had worshipped God. For all their lives, they pray sincerely to live longer than the time their doctors have scheduled will be the end of their lives. God listed no restrictions for granting prayers and for people receiving an answer.

Not only that, but those starred in the Bible also have committed sin. So, how are we distinct from THEM that what was said to occur to them doesn't occur to us?

[1] Genesis 7:11
[2] Genesis 6:19-22
mysterygirl101

Con

i am just going to start by saying that the bible is accurate.
We all believe that air is there. But what you are showing, in my point of view is that just because you haven't seen those things or because they are hard to believe, they do not exist, miracles happen every day.
How do you think the world was formed? The Big bang ,perhaps?

Genesis 1:1
"In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth"
you cannot explain how the earth had exactly been formed.

Deaths happen it is part of life, everyone's time will come. Praying is not all.
Mark 12:33
"To love him with all your heart, with all your understanding and with all your strength, and to love your neighbor as yourself is more important than all your burnt offerings and sacrifices"

Everyone in the world is very attached to something or someone. Even if they say they are not, they are, it is part of human nature. Death will come to everyone sometime or the other, no matter what, it is natural, it is part of life. if there is no death then it is not considered living.

Coming to your theory about Noah's Ark,
Genesis 8:1
"But god remembered Noah and all the wild animals and the livestock that were with him in the ark, and he sent a wind over the earth, and the waters receded"
God did not let the ark crash. Thus the waters did not annihilate the boat.

P.S. Please do correct if I am wrong in some parts or if I have made any mistakes, this is my first debate here.
Sincerely
mysterygirl101
RESEARCHisbest

Pro

I thank my opponent for accepting this debate.

Rebuttals

"
they do not exist, miracles happen every day."

YOU NEED EVIDENCE! You always need evidence to back up your claims, especially this one. Just because something is said/written, doesn't mean it's true.

"
Genesis 1:1
you cannot explain how the earth had exactly been formed."

EXACTLY! So, how is the theory of Christianity distinctive in a manner that it should be the accepted theory?

Prayers

"

Mark 12:33

"

Like said, NO RESTRICTIONS WERE LISTED! If none were, then all prayers, regardless of anything else, are granted.

Noah's Ark

"
Coming to your theory about Noah's Ark,
Genesis 8:1
God did not let the ark crash. Thus the waters did not annihilate the boat."

Indeed; According to the Bible: "
But God remembered Noah and all the wild animals and the livestock that were with him in the ark, and he sent a wind over the earth, and the waters receded."[1]

However, the flood lasted about more than 39 days[2]. So, a flood struck because it was released. It must've been powerful because using context, if the floods were released, there must've been potential energy; It was holding in.

So, when the flood struck, the recession after more than 39 days doesn't reverse that; It has already happened. So, it should have demolished the ark. Not only that, but all currently existing animals during Noah's period, were invited. So, from the amount it had to carry, it doesn't reverse that.

Your argument is so irrelevant to my weight argument.

I await my opponent's next set of arguments. Also, it's not my intent to be rude. So, don't take it as so. :)

[1] Genesis 8:1
[2] Genesis 6,7, and 8

mysterygirl101

Con

miracles happen everyday. but some are not always considered important thus not reviewed. but there is one piece of evidence for the miracle thing. there was an article about "the rescuing hug" am not taking credit or anything just telling you. that is the evidence i'll use.

The christian theory of how the earth was formed is the only theory that exactly tells us how everything on the earth was formed. even today no one is sure how the waters came on earth , but it is said and explained in the bible "the christian theory"!!!

"NO RESTRICTIONS WERE LISTED! If none were, then all prayers, regardless of anything else, are granted."
There shouldn't be any restrictions listed in the bible. Everyone should have the sense and figure it out themselves, that not everything can be given to them just because they pray. God is the one who decides whether it should be granted or not (prayers).

the designer was God and only God, Noah was only the maker. The designs were all by God, himself. they also made it 18 inches thick as listed in the bible. God was with them the whole time watching over them, so God protected them from harm..

I hope that this time my argument is not "irrelevant" to your weight argument.
i have no intentions to be rude, mad, whatsoever. i just don't want people to think that the bible is inaccurate just because they have doubts.
-mystery girl 101
over :)
your turn
RESEARCHisbest

Pro

Rebuttals

"
miracles happen everyday. but some are not always considered important thus not reviewed. but there is one piece of evidence for the miracle thing. there was an article about "the rescuing hug" am not taking credit or anything just telling you. that is the evidence i'll use."

People simply say that it's a true story. Easier said than shown. Without providing any evidence, not only with any sort of credibility, you can't trust that claim.

And even if miracles sometimes occur, if I can sufficiently argue ANY one of my points and is established as fact, then I already have exposed the innacuracy of the historiacy of the Bible.

Noah's Ark

"
The christian theory of how the earth was formed is the only theory that exactly tells us how everything on the earth was formed. even today no one is sure how the waters came on earth , but it is said and explained in the bible "the christian theory"!!!"

Exactly! So, according to the Bible: "
11 In the six hundredth year of Noah’s life, in the second month, the seventeenth day of the month, onkthat day alllthe fountains of the great deep were broken up, and themwindows of heaven were opened."[1]

Very bright light is seen through the skies. This also implies the release of water. Sometimes, if something has the potential for something, but decides to hold in, energy builds up. So, say, there's a cabinet. Behind it is a wall. A group of 10 push the cabinet from the front of it. Now, if we suddenly remove the wall, the push would be much more powerful than if there never was a wall behind. Same goes for this.

So, the striking floods would have annahilated the ark.

So, in accordance to your argument, I AM deriving arguments from the Bible; I will read, and if based on my intelligence, I feel I have encountered an error,

Prayers

"
There shouldn't be any restrictions listed in the bible. Everyone should have the sense and figure it out themselves, that not everything can be given to them just because they pray. God is the one who decides whether it should be granted or not (prayers)."

Oh, yes there should. Everyone should have a sense and figure it out themselves? No, we shouldn't; NO EXCEPTIONS! So, if no exceptions are there, all prayers are granted, regardless of the possibility of chaos ensuing.

"
the designer was God and only God, Noah was only the maker. The designs were all by God, himself. they also made it 18 inches thick as listed in the bible. God was with them the whole time watching over them, so God protected them from harm.."

Bible chapter and verse, please; I've reseached and was left with no trace of God making the wood 18 inches thick.

"
i just don't want people to think that the bible is inaccurate just because they have doubts."

W-W-What? If suddenly, reasons come into my mind of why the Bible is innacurate, how is it logical to still assume the accuracy of it? That's like claiming that a box in front of you contains something. But when the box is opened, it is discovered that nothing is in there. But you STILL assume that there's something is in there.

I await my opponent's next set of arguments.

[1] Genesis 7:11

mysterygirl101

Con

mysterygirl101 forfeited this round.
RESEARCHisbest

Pro

RESEARCHisbest forfeited this round.
mysterygirl101

Con

"People simply say that it's a true story. Easier said than shown. Without providing any evidence, not only with any sort of credibility, you can't trust that claim. "
What about the two world wars? Does it have to be shown right in front of you to prove that it DID happen? We did not see it happen yet we believe the fact that it happened. About the two twins, they may be in their teens by now. if seeing is believing then I don't think that YOU even believe anything, but you do, you believe that you were born yet you did not see it happen.

And as for your theory on Noah's ark, I am going to take reference from the rescuing hug story (which is a TRUE LIFE Story!).
We know that simply by hugging someone you can't really save someone, yet it happened , once, it was a great miracle. Same with Noah's ark, when all the water was released, the ark did not get annihilated, because the Almighty watched over them, love. We can call it a miracle or what happened because of love or whatever we wish to call it, but the thing is that when the floods struck God watched over them, protected them.

There shouldn't be any restrictions listed. when we are in school there is no rule book whatsoever that specifically notes that we should respect our teachers yet we know we should. Same there shouldn't always be a restriction listed for all the things we should do and not do. Or else we are just being spoon-fed a bit too much. If everything we should do and not do is listed we won't be able to figure out anything on our own. example, say someone came to you and asked you to be his or her sidekick in a huge crime like say kidnapping someone from the congress or someone really rich, obviously you would say no, considering what might be the risks, the consequence, even though you can do it you won't do so because you know its wrong. Same if God granted someone's prayers that said that they wanted to live longer, then God would have to expand the life span of everyone who wanted to live longer who wished or prayed for it, whoever they might be, because for God we are all equal. But if he does so there may be huge consequences which we 'MAN' don't know of because we are not God.
if everyone's prayers were granted whatever it may be, then it would be a huge chaos plus man would become very selfish and greedy and get drawn towards the devil, as selfishness and greed are the beginning of evil practices, but God wants ALL of us to walk in the path of righteousness, make the right decisions, and possess the wisdom that comes down from heaven. (See. James 3:13 - 18)

I apologize for my whole " doubts of the bible" part. People are after all free to believe what they wish to believe. It was a mistake for me think about the whole doubts thing. : ) We cool?
I await for your next set of arguments.
P.S. apologies for delay of arguments

mysterygirl101
RESEARCHisbest

Pro

RESEARCHisbest forfeited this round.
mysterygirl101

Con

mysterygirl101 forfeited this round.