Valtin
grandmaster108

The Bible is not God's word

Valtin

Valtin

Pro

Hello, In this debate I will be arguing that the Bible is not the word of God, but rather the words of Man, historians, etc.
The Bible has many contradicitions and errors, therefore cannot be fully God's word.
I wish for this debate to be friendly and nice, good luck to all!
grandmaster108

Con

Hello, I will be taking the con side and saying that the Bible is the word of God. I agree with pro that this debate be a friendly and fun debate for both of us. Now I see that my opponent said that there's a lot contradictions in the Bible and can't truly be the word of God. Now my opponent is a Sunni-Muslim and I'm a Christian and there's a lot of contradiction between the Quran and the Bible. My belief is that when God sent his son he had a plan that Jesus was going to select 12 disciples and teach them his word which was and is Gods' word. So, therefore the Bible is the word of God.
Valtin

Pro

I thank Con for accepting my debate, please limit this debate to the Bible and do not bring the Qur'an and go off-topic, now swiftly to my argument:

Bible differences:

Bible contains a lot of differences and people tend to take out verses out of the Bible, therefore removing God's word, before I demonstrate that I will show a clear contradiction between 2 "God's word":

2 Chronicles 22:2 NIV: "Ahaziah was twenty-two years old when he became king, and he reigned in Jerusalem one year. His mother's name was Athaliah, a granddaughter of Omri."

2 Chronicles 22:2 KJV: "Forty and two years old was Ahaziah when he began to reign, and he reigned one year in Jerusalem. His mother's name also was Athaliah the daughter of Omri."

This is a clear contradiction between "God's word", but wait it contradicts St.Paul also as he said in
1 Corinthians 14:33 "God is not the author of confusion," clearly Paul forgot that God authored confusion, if the Bible was truly God's word.

Man removal of "God's word":
The NIV,rev,nwt leaves out 16 entire verses
Matthew 17:21, Matthew 18:11, Matthew 23:14, Mark 7:16 Mark 9:44 Mark 9:46 Mark11:26 Mark15:28 Luke 17:36 John 5:4 Acts 8:37 Acts 15:34 Acts 24:7 Acts 28:29 Romans 16:24 1 John 5:7.

I have never thought man would remove "God's word" or those verses were interpolations? would God's word be interpolated?

"God's word" has a false prophecy, which is an error that God's word should not contain:

In Ezekiel 26:7-14 (NASB) "For thus says the Lord GOD, “Behold, I will bring upon Tyre from the north Nebuchadnezzar king of Babylon, king of kings, with horses, chariots, cavalry and a great army. “He will slay your daughters on the mainland with the sword; and he will make siege walls against you, cast up a ramp against you and raise up a large shield against you. “The blow of his battering rams he will direct against your walls, and with his axes he will break down your towers. “Because of the multitude of his horses, the dust raised by them will cover you; your walls will shake at the noise of cavalry and wagons and chariots when he enters your gates as men enter a city that is breached. “With the hoofs of his horses he will trample all your streets. He will slay your people with the sword; and your strong pillars will come down to the ground. “Also they will make a spoil of your riches and a prey of your merchandise, break down your walls and destroy your pleasant houses, and throw your stones and your timbers and your debris into the water. “So I will silence the sound of your songs, and the sound of your harps will be heard no more. “I will make you a bare rock; you will be a place for the spreading of nets. You will be built no more, for I the LORD have spoken,” declares the Lord GOD."

The New Encyclopedia Britannica 1978 states: "In 585-573 (B.C.) [Tyre] successfully withstood a prolonged siege by the Babylonian king Nebuchadnezzar II." If tyre withstood the siege, It is reasonable to say that the towers were not destroyed, trample the streets,etc.

Also states that Tyre will never be rebuilt again, clear error as shown from this picture: (credits to 'NiqashMotawadi3')

"
As we can see clearly, most of the Island of Tyre has been rebuilt and now has modern houses, schools and universities. The regions that were not rebuilt were not rebuilt because of their important ruins. However, 85%+ of the Island was rebuilt.

The Bible committed an error in saying that the Lord God promises that the Nebuchadnezzar's attack would destroy Tyre permanently, as the attack was unsuccessful and nothing more than a temporary siege and because Tyre's Island stands today as a populated, vibrant town."

(QUOTE FROM NiqashMotawadi3)

Clearly the Bible is in error.

Contradictions:

In Exodus 31:17 "... on the seventh day he rested..." God rested.

But this contradicts Isaiah 40:28 "...He does not faint or grow weary.." (weary: "Feeling or showing extreme tiredness" [1])

[1]http://www.oxforddictionaries.com...

In Matthew 5:1-2 Jesus goes up to the Mountain and preaches the first sermon "Then Jesus saw the crowds, he went up the mountain..."(Refer to the whole of Matthew 5 for the Sermon).

But this contradicts Luke 6:17-20 "...He came down with them and stood on a level place.." Level place means "Plain"[2], Jesus preached the first sermon on a plain.(Refer to the verses after verse 20 for the whole Sermon).

[2] http://biblehub.com...

King Josiah's death:

In 2 Kings 23:29-30 (NASB) It clearly says: "
29 In his days Pharaoh Neco king of Egypt went up to the king of Assyria to the river Euphrates. And King Josiah went to meet him, and when Pharaoh Neco saw him he killed him at Megiddo. 30 His servants drove his body in a chariot from Megiddo, and brought him to Jerusalem and buried him in his own tomb. Then the people of the land took Jehoahaz the son of Josiah and anointed him and made him king in place of his father.
"

From this account we can see that Josiah was killed by the Pharaoh instantly and his body was carried away by the servants.

In 2 Chronicles 35:23-24 (NASB) clearly states: "23 The archers shot King Josiah, and the king said to his servants, “Take me away, for I am badly wounded.” 24 So his servants took him out of the chariot and carried him in the second chariot which he had, and brought him to Jerusalem where he died and was buried in the tombs of his fathers. All Judah and Jerusalem mourned for Josiah."

From this account we can say that while he was wounded Josiah was carried away in a Chariot and back to Jerusalem, clear contradiction.

Who was the father of Jeconiah:

In Matthew 1:11 (NASB) It says: "11 Josiah became the father of Jeconiah and his brothers, at the time of the deportation to Babylon."

In Matthew it says Josiah was the father, however this contradicts
1 Chronicles 3:16, as it says:
NASB "16 The sons of Jehoiakim were Jeconiah his son, Zedekiah his son."

Who killed Goliath?
It says clearly in 1 Samuel 17:23 (NASB): "23 As he was talking with them, behold, the champion, the Philistine from Gath named Goliath, was coming up from the army of the Philistines, and he spoke these same words; and David heard them." Later in 17:50 it says "50 Thus David prevailed over the Philistine with a sling and a stone, and he struck the Philistine and killed him; but there was no sword in David’s hand."

David killed Goliath, but this contradicts 2 Samuel 21:19 (NASB) which says: "19 There was war with the Philistines again at Gob, and Elhanan the son of Jaare-oregim the Bethlehemite killed Goliath the Gittite, the shaft of whose spear was like a weaver’s beam."

Presenting these contradictions and errors, clearly shows that the Bible is NOT God's word.

grandmaster108

Con

okay you compare three different bibles if we could keep it to one certain bible it would be a little bit easier to debate with you. You stated the God 1 Corinthians 14:33 that says God is not the author of confusion, but if you continue that verse it also says God is not the author of confusion, but of peace. God is not the author of confusion the author of confusion is Satan. Satan is the author of confusion because in the book of Genises 3:5 The Serpents' Deception. The Serpent(satan) told Eve that it would be okay to eat the fruit of the tree of knowledge. She thought at first that she shouldn't eat the fruit then satan said go ahead and try it, so she got confused. Therefore God is not the author of confusion Satan is. You used the NASB version with your contradictions and your first contradiction is the books of Isaiah and Exodus.

But this contradicts Isaiah 40:28 "...He does not faint or grow weary.." (weary: "Feeling or showing extreme tiredness" [1]) The he that the book of Isaiah is talking about is the spiritual being. in the book of Exodus the God their talking about is the creator and like all creators they get tired. in the begining of your debate you used two differnt bible versions the KJV and the NIV. And all the pastors i have talked to preach out of the NIV version not the KJV or NASB or the NKJV.
Valtin

Pro

"okay you compare three different bibles if we could keep it to one certain bible it would be a little bit easier to debate with you."

I was comparing 2 different Bibles that contradict each other.

"You stated the God 1 Corinthians 14:33 that says God is not the author of confusion, but if you continue that verse it also says God is not the author of confusion, but of peace. God is not the author of confusion the author of confusion is Satan. Satan is the author of confusion because in the book of Genises 3:5 The Serpents' Deception. The Serpent(satan) told Eve that it would be okay to eat the fruit of the tree of knowledge. She thought at first that she shouldn't eat the fruit then satan said go ahead and try it, so she got confused. Therefore God is not the author of confusion Satan is. "

I have showed clearly that the Bible has confusion, therefore Satan authored the Bible or God?
And you have clearly gone off topic, Bible shows confusion that means Satan authored it, Bible is the word of Satan?

"The he that the book of Isaiah is talking about is the spiritual being. in the book of Exodus the God their talking about is the creator and like all creators they get tired."

I will simplfy what Con is saying:
'In the Book of Isaiah it is talking about the spiritual being....'

Clearly that is false, here is the full verse and it talks about God, I am going to use NIV because Con thinks that NIV is most correct one:

Isaiah 40:28 "28 Do you not know?
Have you not heard?
The Lord is the everlasting God,
the Creator of the ends of the earth.
He will not grow tired or weary,
and his understanding no one can fathom"

Another thing I noticed Con say is the following:
"in the book of Exodus the God their talking about is the creator and like all creators they get tired."

There are other creators other than the Lord? isn't the Lord the only true God, as said in John 17:3 "3 Now this is eternal life: that they know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent."

There are no other creators, I await that you rebut all of my arguments.

" in the begining of your debate you used two differnt bible versions the KJV and the NIV. And all the pastors i have talked to preach out of the NIV version not the KJV or NASB or the NKJV."

I have compared 2 Bibles to show that the 'Word of God' contradict each other, and then procceded to use the NASB because It is better than the NIV [1] and "overall the NASB is a good deal more literal than the RSV, and thus it preserves the highly literal character that had made the American Standard Version so useful as a translation for close study. Also unlike the RSV, the NASB deliberately interprets the Old Testament from a Christian standpoint, in harmony with the New Testament."[2]

[1]http://dustinmartyr.wordpress.com...
[2] http://www.bible-researcher.com...
grandmaster108

Con

grandmaster108 forfeited this round.
Vote Placed by DarthKirones 2 years ago
DarthKirones
Valtingrandmaster108Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Con forfeited last round plus Pro made some really good arguments.