Valtin
Neso14

The Bible is not God's word

Valtin

Valtin

Pro

I will be arguing in this debate that the Bible is not God's word, I prove that by presenting errors and contradictions which the innerant God's word should contain, hopefully this will be an informitive and fun debate!

Rules:
1) First round is for acceptance.
2)No insulting or use of profanities.
3)Limit this debate to the Bible, and do not go off topic.

Breaking any of the rules will result in a loss of conduct points.
Neso14

Con

Heloo! I think thet bible is Gods word becouse in bible from 16 century writes that in ages of world war in sky wil flay metal fire birds (plains)
How did they know that?
Valtin

Pro

I will cite my full argument after I address Con's issue, I tried to search for the following:
"I think thet bible is Gods word becouse in bible from 16 century writes that in ages of world war in sky wil flay metal fire birds (plains)"
I searched in Bible gateway, but still not found, http://www.biblegateway.com....

Now to my argument:

Bible differences:

Bible contains a lot of differences and people tend to take out verses out of the Bible, therefore removing God's word, before I demonstrate that I will show a clear contradiction between 2 "God's word":

2 Chronicles 22:2 NIV: "Ahaziah was twenty-two years old when he became king, and he reigned in Jerusalem one year. His mother's name was Athaliah, a granddaughter of Omri."

2 Chronicles 22:2 KJV: "Forty and two years old was Ahaziah when he began to reign, and he reigned one year in Jerusalem. His mother's name also was Athaliah the daughter of Omri."

This is a clear contradiction between "God's word", but wait it contradicts St.Paul also as he said in
1 Corinthians 14:33 "God is not the author of confusion," clearly Paul forgot that God authored confusion, if the Bible was truly God's word.

Man removal of "God's word":
The NIV,RSV,NLT leaves out 16 entire verses
Matthew 17:21, Matthew 18:11, Matthew 23:14, Mark 7:16 Mark 9:44 Mark 9:46 Mark11:26 Mark15:28 Luke 17:36 John 5:4 Acts 8:37 Acts 15:34 Acts 24:7 Acts 28:29 Romans 16:24 1 John 5:7.

I have never thought man would remove "God's word" or those verses were interpolations? would God's word be interpolated?

"God's word" has a false prophecy, which is an error that God's word should not contain:

In Ezekiel 26:7-14 (NASB) "For thus says the Lord GOD, “Behold, I will bring upon Tyre from the north Nebuchadnezzar king of Babylon, king of kings, with horses, chariots, cavalry and a great army. “He will slay your daughters on the mainland with the sword; and he will make siege walls against you, cast up a ramp against you and raise up a large shield against you. “The blow of his battering rams he will direct against your walls, and with his axes he will break down your towers. “Because of the multitude of his horses, the dust raised by them will cover you; your walls will shake at the noise of cavalry and wagons and chariots when he enters your gates as men enter a city that is breached. “With the hoofs of his horses he will trample all your streets. He will slay your people with the sword; and your strong pillars will come down to the ground. “Also they will make a spoil of your riches and a prey of your merchandise, break down your walls and destroy your pleasant houses, and throw your stones and your timbers and your debris into the water. “So I will silence the sound of your songs, and the sound of your harps will be heard no more. “I will make you a bare rock; you will be a place for the spreading of nets. You will be built no more, for I the LORD have spoken,” declares the Lord GOD."

The New Encyclopedia Britannica 1978 states: "In 585-573 (B.C.) [Tyre] successfully withstood a prolonged siege by the Babylonian king Nebuchadnezzar II." If tyre withstood the siege, It is reasonable to say that the towers were not destroyed, trample the streets,etc.

Also states that Tyre will never be rebuilt again, clear error as shown from this picture: (credits to 'NiqashMotawadi3')

The picture shows that the city is not in fact destroyed, and will be rebuilt again, the Bible is in error, There were approximately 117,000 inhabitants in 2003 [3]

Clearly the Bible is in error.

Contradictions:

In Exodus 31:17 "... on the seventh day he rested..." God rested.

But this contradicts Isaiah 40:28 "...He does not faint or grow weary.." (weary: "Feeling or showing extreme tiredness" [1])

[1]http://www.oxforddictionaries.com......

In Matthew 5:1-2 Jesus goes up to the Mountain and preaches the first sermon "Then Jesus saw the crowds, he went up the mountain..."(Refer to the whole of Matthew 5 for the Sermon).

But this contradicts Luke 6:17-20 "...He came down with them and stood on a level place.." Level place means "Plain"[2], Jesus preached the first sermon on a plain.(Refer to the verses after verse 20 for the whole Sermon).

[2] http://biblehub.com......

King Josiah's death:

In 2 Kings 23:29-30 (NASB) It clearly says: "
29 In his days Pharaoh Neco king of Egypt went up to the king of Assyria to the river Euphrates. And King Josiah went to meet him, and when Pharaoh Neco saw him he killed him at Megiddo. 30 His servants drove his body in a chariot from Megiddo, and brought him to Jerusalem and buried him in his own tomb. Then the people of the land took Jehoahaz the son of Josiah and anointed him and made him king in place of his father.
"

From this account we can see that Josiah was killed by the Pharaoh instantly and his body was carried away by the servants.

In 2 Chronicles 35:23-24 (NASB) clearly states: "23 The archers shot King Josiah, and the king said to his servants, “Take me away, for I am badly wounded.” 24 So his servants took him out of the chariot and carried him in the second chariot which he had, and brought him to Jerusalem where he died and was buried in the tombs of his fathers. All Judah and Jerusalem mourned for Josiah."

From this account we can say that while he was wounded Josiah was carried away in a Chariot and back to Jerusalem, clear contradiction.

Who was the father of Jeconiah:

In Matthew 1:11 (NASB) It says: "11 Josiah became the father of Jeconiah and his brothers, at the time of the deportation to Babylon."

In Matthew it says Josiah was the father, however this contradicts
1 Chronicles 3:16, as it says:
NASB "16 The sons of Jehoiakim were Jeconiah his son, Zedekiah his son."

Who killed Goliath?
It says clearly in 1 Samuel 17:23 (NASB): "23 As he was talking with them, behold, the champion, the Philistine from Gath named Goliath, was coming up from the army of the Philistines, and he spoke these same words; and David heard them." Later in 17:50 it says "50 Thus David prevailed over the Philistine with a sling and a stone, and he struck the Philistine and killed him; but there was no sword in David’s hand."

David killed Goliath, but this contradicts 2 Samuel 21:19 (NASB) which says: "19 There was war with the Philistines again at Gob, and Elhanan the son of Jaare-oregim the Bethlehemite killed Goliath the Gittite, the shaft of whose spear was like a weaver’s beam."

Presenting these contradictions and errors, clearly shows that the Bible is NOT God's word.

Valtin

Pro

This is a debate, you are supposed to rebut my arguments, not show me links!!
Neso14

Con

Hire ar al my arguments
Posted by kingcloud999 2 years ago
kingcloud999
Its Jesus's word
Vote Placed by tylergraham95 2 years ago
tylergraham95
ValtinNeso14Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Conduct is given to Pro for actually constructing proper argument, rather than posting links. S&G is given to Pro for actually having proper S&G (Con round 3 made me cringe). Sources was given to Pro for his multitude of sourcing, and referring to fact, rather than an opinion/speculation. After reading the cited source, it is obvious that Pros argument absolutely supersedes the dogma presented in the link Con provided. Therefore, Pro is awarded args.