class_freak
UnbiasedSymmetry

The Bible is not a reasonable source of morality.

class_freak

Pro

The Bible is not a reasonable source of morality....

So this is my first debate here on this site. So the first round here is acceptance. The 2nd and 3rd will be for the arguments and rebuttals. And the last round will be for the conclusion.
UnbiasedSymmetry

Con

class_freak

Pro

Before I proceed to my arguments, I would like to thank UnbiasedSymmetry for accepting my challenge.

Morality, by definition, refers to how we differentiate a certain action between those that are good and those that are bad. Many theists tend to argue that morality can and will only be attained through the passage of the Bible. But the real question here is that how can we attain good morals from a book that promotes violence and hate towards a certain group of people?

If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them. -- Lev.20:13

Is this a moral thing to do? To kill millions of people just because of their sexuality. How can this be morally upright?

He said to him, "Bring Me a three-year-old cow, a three-year-old female goat, a three-year-old ram, a turtledove, and a young pigeon." So he brought all these to Him, split them down the middle, and laid the pieces opposite each other, but he did not cut up the birds. -- Genesis 15:9-10

Talk about animal cruelty….But the thing that worries me the most is that why does God need to this? I mean does He enjoy watching men killing animals? Is this His way of showing His tight grudge and almighty power to men? Or maybe does it please Him just to see fresh blood dripping everywhere?

And how can God be merciful and loving, look at what he did to humanity when Noah built the ark. Yes, it was the people's fault for not listening to Noah's warning about the impending flood but did Noah even took the time to warn other people in distant places. I mean they were innocent, is this how God punish men? By wiping them from the face of Earth? Excuse me but where can we find morality here?

For me, young children should not be allowed reading the Bible because it gives them the impression that there is nothing wrong in showing your hatred to the homosexuals and there is nothing wrong in beating your pet dog with a stick to death.

As you can see, I did not discuss anything about the awful Ten Commandments because it will only make it worse in the Contender's part but if she wish that I further substantiate my argument with the Ten Commandments then I shall be happy doing it in the 3rd round.

P.S. Sorry for my bad English, English wasn't my forté you know.
UnbiasedSymmetry

Con

UnbiasedSymmetry forfeited this round.
class_freak

Pro

class_freak forfeited this round.
UnbiasedSymmetry

Con

UnbiasedSymmetry forfeited this round.
class_freak

Pro

class_freak forfeited this round.
UnbiasedSymmetry

Con

UnbiasedSymmetry forfeited this round.
Posted by UnbiasedSymmetry 5 years ago
UnbiasedSymmetry
I apologize for not replying. I'm busy with school (Final exams) so I can't go on the computer and post my rebuttals. I really am sorry and I congratulate you on your future win :)
Posted by class_freak 5 years ago
class_freak
sorry for my informal way of debating :)))