Gabe1e
LifeMeansGodIsGood

The Bible's stories cannot be true.

Gabe1e

Gabe1e

Pro

I will be arguing that the stories in the Bible simply cannot be true. (for example: Noah's Ark)

Rules:

1. Please no trolling, I want this to be a serious debate.

2. No debating about this topic in the comments. (this goes for only Pro and Con, the audience can if they want)

Con will prove how the stories in the Bible are true.

Con may choose whether to debate right out of round 1, or just accept and I will start arguments.
Gabe1e

Pro

Okay then, not only did my opponent post a broken link, he barely even made an argument.

I will first start talking about Noah's Ark.

Noah's Ark. A ship that is longer and bigger than the Wyoming, which is also a wooden made boat. A boat that is described in the Bible, being made by peasants and farmers. Not possible. The Wyoming was made by professionals, and still wasn't anywhere compared to Noah's Ark. Not to mention they had to put over a hundred animals on a cheaply made structure by peasants and farmers. How could they make it? The ship would sink. (Comparison:https://cdn-assets.answersingenesis.org......)

In the Noah's Ark story, God decided to send a worldwide flood. This would drown men, women, children, babies and infants, as well as eliminate all of the land animals and birds. All of the birds, animals, lands, and obviously people, are still here... how is this possible? [1]

Also in the Bible, it states that a great rain covered all of the land in water. There is absolutely NO evidence that this could have happened, considering that all the land would be gone and eroded for a very long time. Things like the Himalayan Mountains are not eroded for some reason, I guess?

Let’s now turn to the ark and its odds for survival throughout the violent time. Even before the first raindrop descends from the clouds or rises from beneath the surface, Noah would have had no way to prevent the wood from rotting in the hot desert sun. Even so, this factor is probably the least of Noah’s wood-related problems because he would need to select a grain and species strong enough to prevent separation between the ark’s joints during its hazardous journey. For reasons that should be painfully obvious by now, I doubt this mysterious “gopher wood” was selected using advanced thinking...

It also does not make any sense that "god", apparently the protector of people, would kill all these innocent people, animals, and not to mention the plants and environment that would take years to grow back, maybe even decades.

I'm done for now, Con, you're up.

Cite:

[1]- http://danielmiessler.com...;
LifeMeansGodIsGood

Con

Gen 1:26...... And God said , Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. 27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

Romans 5:12
Wherefore , as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned :

Romans 6:23
For the wages of sin is death

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish , but have everlasting life.

1 Timothy 3:16
And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

Romans 10:9
That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved

John chapter 1
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 The same was in the beginning with God. 3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made . 4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men. 5 And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not. 6 There was a man sent from God, whose name was John. 7 The same came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all men through him might believe . 8 He was not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light. 9 That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world. 10 He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not. 11 He came unto his own, and his own received him not. 12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: 13 Which were born , not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God. 14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

Revelation 3:20 Behold , I stand at the door, and knock : if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

Revelation 19........ 11 And I saw heaven opened , and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war . 12 His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written , that no man knew , but he himself. 13 And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God. 14 And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean. 15 And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God. 16 And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written , KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS. 17 And I saw an angel standing in the sun; and he cried with a loud voice, saying to all the fowls that fly in the midst of heaven, Come and gather yourselves together unto the supper of the great God; 18 That ye may eat the flesh of kings, and the flesh of captains, and the flesh of mighty men, and the flesh of horses, and of them that sit on them, and the flesh of all men, both free and bond, both small and great. 19 And I saw the beast, and the kings of the earth, and their armies, gathered together to make war against him that sat on the horse, and against his army. 20 And the beast was taken , and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone. 21 And the remnant were slain with the sword of him that sat upon the horse, which sword proceeded out of his mouth: and all the fowls were filled with their flesh.

Revelation 20:. 12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened : and another book was opened , which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works. 13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works. 14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. 15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

Revelation 21:4.... And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away . 5 And he that sat upon the throne said , Behold , I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write : for these words are true and faithful. 6 And he said unto me, It is done . I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely. 7 He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son. 8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable , and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

Revelation 22:12...... And, behold , I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be . 13 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last. 14 Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city. 15 For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie. 16 I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star. 17 And the Spirit and the bride say , Come . And let him that heareth say , Come . And let him that is athirst come . And whosoever will , let him take the water of life freely.

Is true.
Gabe1e

Pro

Notice how not only did my opponent fail to rebut ANY of my arguments, he just stated things from the Bible, which we are arguing about... (so people in favor of me will not even listen to him) he has not proved that any of those are true, and he has not proved that Noah's Ark is true either.

Con, please use evidence to rebut my arguments from the round before, instead of stating things from the Bible, that you haven't even proved are true..
LifeMeansGodIsGood

Con

You said the Bible stories cannot be true. You are ignoring the Bible stories I posted. Man up.
Gabe1e

Pro

These stories make ABSOLUTELY no sense at all, not to mention you STILL did not rebut my arguments from before, defying my rules, once again.
LifeMeansGodIsGood

Con

I sorry you think it makes no sense that the wages of sin is death. The stories are true, God cannot lie.

If you die today, are you sure your sins are forgiven and you won't be cast away in the Lake of Fire where the smoke of their torments will rise forever?
Gabe1e

Pro

"I sorry you think it makes no sense that the wages of sin is death. The stories are true, God cannot lie.

If you die today, are you sure your sins are forgiven and you won't be cast away in the Lake of Fire where the smoke of their torments will rise forever?"

If I die today... I would probably blackout and die. I would not go to a mythical Lake of Fire, like you said. And what about if I don't believe in sins? And how do you know God is real and cannot lie? Where is your proof?

Conclusion:

My opponent has failed to rebut my arguments, he just stated mindless examples from the Bible on some mythical Lake of Fire, and more about sins. He has not rebut anything about my Noah's Ark arguments, I urge a vote for me.

LifeMeansGodIsGood

Con

My opponent states:
"If I die today... I would probably blackout and die. I would not go to a mythical Lake of Fire,"

By saying "probably" he admits that he is not sure the Bible stories cannot be true, contradicting his own opening arguement in which he says the Bible stories cannot be true. When my opponent can prove that he is not going to the Lake of Fire, then he proves the Bible stories are not true. The problem is, the stories are true. My opponent needs to go back and read the Bible stories I posted more carefully. Calling the Lake of Fire a "mythical" place, and saying "I would probably black out and die and not go to the Lake of Fire" is not good enough to prevent my opponent from ending up in the Lake of Fire like the Bible says he will be cast into if his name is not found written in the book of life. (Rev 20:15)
Posted by dhardage 2 years ago
dhardage
The bible actually specified 7 of each clean animal, if you check your source a bit more closely, and there would be insufficient room in a boat that size for every animal on that continent, let alone the world. Noah's Ark is totally impossible and never happened.
Posted by DebatorPro 2 years ago
DebatorPro
The ark definitely can be real. While as a whole I have to say pro should win the debate I have to agree with con. In the bible it says two of each animal after its own kind. Meaning two dogs for every kind of dog ever. So using this there would be a lot less animals then most would believe. Also if the story is true then God must be real which means he easily could have provided Noah with the wood or grain needed to build the ark just like he provided the animals to fill it. Finally it says it took noah and his family 120 years to build the ark. Even without modern equipment it is easy to see how a ship have that size could have been built in that amount of time.
Posted by Gabe1e 2 years ago
Gabe1e
"An unconventional approach by Con but they have a point that there are stories in the Bible which can be true and since Pro did not specify which stories exactly, simply referred to all stories, I give this to Con by default."

I specified all stories... yes, but I tried to explain Noah's Ark and he wouldn't even rebut it, he just stated random stories that made no sense at all...
Posted by WillDC22 2 years ago
WillDC22
proving one thing wrong is proving many things wrong, the bible states that everything in the bible is fact (from what i am told)
Posted by ben671176 2 years ago
ben671176
You haven't really debunked the entire Bible.
1. It was those own people's fault not God. He warned them of the consequences if certain requirements aren't met.
2. The book of Revelations states that there will be non-believers and people trying to get rid of it. What about that?
Posted by Gabe1e 2 years ago
Gabe1e
My link was broken for the comparison.

Real link:

https://cdn-assets.answersingenesis.org...
Vote Placed by z1 2 years ago
z1
Gabe1eLifeMeansGodIsGoodTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con never used full caps. Also I felt at times you were both rude so tie their.
Vote Placed by Jzyehoshua 2 years ago
Jzyehoshua
Gabe1eLifeMeansGodIsGoodTied
Reasons for voting decision: An unconventional approach by Con but they have a point that there are stories in the Bible which can be true and since Pro did not specify which stories exactly, simply referred to all stories, I give this to Con by default. I think the debate would have been more interesting had Con addressed the specifics in question and they could have better elaborated on why the stories they brought up could be true, but their ultimate point was correct.
Vote Placed by dsjpk5 2 years ago
dsjpk5
Gabe1eLifeMeansGodIsGoodTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con was rude (man up), so conducted to Pro. Con dropped all arguments from round two, so arguments to Pro.