ILoveSitarMusic
ViceRegent

The Biblical case for same sex marriage?

ILoveSitarMusic

ILoveSitarMusic

Pro

In this debate, I will present Biblical evidence in favor of same sex marriage. Pro means I agree with this question, and con means my opponent disagrees. My opponent will make the opening statement.
ViceRegent

Con

God commands man to execute sodomites, not marry them. Lev 20:13. Case closed.
ILoveSitarMusic

Pro

That is a command to kill religious prostitutes and idolaters: http://www.gaychristian101.com...
2 Samuel 1:26 says that David loved Jonathan more than women. The same word ahabah is used for the love of women and the love of Jonathan. 1 Samuel 18:1 says that the hearts of Jonathan and David were joined together. This means that they fell in love. 1 Samuel 18:3 says that Jonathan and David made a convanent. I believe that this was a wedding. 1 Samuel 18:21 says that David would be Saul's son in law for the one of the twain. This means that David married Jonathan frist. 1 Samuel 20:30 makes a reference to nakedness. In the Bible, that is a reference to sex. 1 Samuel 20:4-42 talks about them kissing and making a covenant. Matthew 19:10-13 refer to eunuchs from their mother's womb. Wisdom 11:24 says that eunuchcs desire not women. This is a reference to being gay. 1 Corinthians 7:7 says that every man has his gift. 1 Corinthians 7:9 says that it is better to marry than to burn. Isaiah 56:3-6 says that eunuchs can make a covenant with God. Luke 17:34 talks about two men in one bed.
ViceRegent

Con

As the BOP is not mine, I insist you Prove everything you just claimed.

And God commands man to execute sodomites, not marry them.
ILoveSitarMusic

Pro

I have already proven my case with links and Bible references. You can search the Bible here:
https://www.blueletterbible.org...
ViceRegent

Con

No, you made claims, none of which you proved and none of which establish the truth of your ultimate claim. Indeed, at best you confuse what the Bible describes with what it pro/prescribes. I can much more easily show that the Bible describes people committing incest with impacting the fact that it proscribes incest, making me a fool if I say the Bible is pro-incestuous marriage. Put down the reprobate websites and submit to Christ, who commands man to execute sodomites.
ILoveSitarMusic

Pro

Yes I have proven my claims. I provided two links and several Bibe refererences. I provided a link for you to search the Bible. Learn toGoogle things. You are just trolling and looking for a fight.
ViceRegent

Con

Google? That explains your posts. Tell us what you have proven?
ILoveSitarMusic

Pro

I have provided you with one link to counter your opinion on Leviticus 20:13, one linke where you can search the Bible, and several Bible references, all of which you ignored. You have only provided one Bible reference, which you misinterpreted to suit your own opinion, neither have you provided any evidende to back up your interpretaion of the Bible.
ViceRegent

Con

What you did not do was provide argument, which is what a debate is all about. I will stick with Christ and advocate sodomites be executed, not married.
Posted by InsanitysDream 1 year ago
InsanitysDream
Ehem..

Leviticus 18:22 -
"You shall not lie with a male as with a woman; it is an abomination."
Vote Placed by Hayd 1 year ago
Hayd
ILoveSitarMusicViceRegentTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con drops Pro's arguments, saying he will stick to Christ. Thus Pro wins by default