vanwolven
zanzibar123

The Biblical god (Yahweh) is a false pagan god,created by the ancient Israelites

vanwolven

Pro

The Biblical god (Yahweh) is a forgery, Genesis being stolen from Early Babylonian sources,and Yahweh being the War god of the Ancient Israelites,and the old testament being rehashed to look as if there had been only one god present (or "Yahweh") by Second Isiah because of religious unrest.This can be confirmed by a number of credible sources.

S:http://en.wikipedia.org... (list of gods includes Yahweh)
S:
S:http://en.wikipedia.org...

Good Luck my friend,you will need it
zanzibar123

Con

I will accept my opponent's challenge regardless of his use of fiery rhetoric and the fact that the sources he cites are hardly credible, wikipedia being easily edited by any moron with an Internet connection and a blatantly biased video that could hardly be considered scholarly and even cites wikipedia itself. Furthermore, what I believe con is referring to is the documentary hypothesis. Also con provides us with a large amount of material, but citing little of what it says, and furthermore pro neglected to provide definitions, which could prove helpful to having a clear argument for both sides, especially as to the identity of "second isiah," would prove helpful. I would also like to point out how some of Pros language and terminology could be interpreted as an insult to some points of view, especially his referencing God as a forgery, also what pro means by forgery would be rather helpful, as well as what he means by stolen, rehashed, and to give us a time-frame of when this rehashing happened
vanwolven

Pro

vanwolven forfeited this round.
zanzibar123

Con

zanzibar123 forfeited this round.
vanwolven

Pro

vanwolven forfeited this round.
zanzibar123

Con

zanzibar123 forfeited this round.
Posted by Zaradi 5 years ago
Zaradi
Says he will list credible sources.
List sources that people debate over the credibility of them.
Seems legit.
Posted by stubs 5 years ago
stubs
Would I just have to show the God of Christianity exists?
Posted by stubs 5 years ago
stubs
add some definitions and such and I'll consider taking.
Posted by Mathaelthedestroyer 5 years ago
Mathaelthedestroyer
Would totally take this if I was arguing pro. Good luck, Vanwolven, I'm sure you'll come out on top.