The Big Bang Theory Can Also Supports Theist Beliefs

I am interested in this issue. I don't expect to win, I just want a clearer idea. I will let my opponent begin. I stand in the position that the Big Bang Theory CAN support a theist belief.

This theory is commonly used to argue against the universe being created by a God, or Gods of some sort.

Simply put, nobody is able to prove why the Big Bang happened:

"According to the standard theory, our universe sprang into existence as "singularity" around 13.7 billion years ago. What is a "singularity" and where does it come from? Well, to be honest, we don't know for sure. Singularities are zones which defy our current understanding of physics. They are thought to exist at the core of "black holes." Black holes are areas of intense gravitational pressure. The pressure is thought to be so intense that finite matter is actually squished into infinite density (a mathematical concept which truly boggles the mind). These zones of infinite density are called "singularities." Our universe is thought to have begun as an infinitesimally small, infinitely hot, infinitely dense, something - a singularity. Where did it come from? We don't know. Why did it appear? We don't know. "

We know what happened after, we can theorize about the current existence of similar conditions; yet we can't prove where the big bang came from or why did it appear. Therefore, because their is a lack of a possible rational scientific theory that can be used to prove "why" it happened we can assume that a higher deity is responsible; or some higher mystical being. Thus it can't be used to support aetheist beliefs, because as of right now their is no rational as to the cause of the Big Bang. Thus the world of religion can apply here as it proves why the Big Bang happened; essentially God or a mystical higher power created the Universe. This is actually one of the reasons I believe the Big Bang is so widely accepted is because that it is the closest thing to the proof that their is a god or a higher deity; because simply put scientists are baffled as to the big question of "Why". It was simply a phenomena that can't be explained today thus it can't support rational aetheist beliefs.

I don't know if you have it confused. You mention it can't support an athiestic belief. But the resolution states theistic belief.

You say that we don't know for sure why or how the Big Bang occured. So, couldn't a theist propose that God used the Big Bang to start the universe? At least thats how me, being a Christian, views the Big Bang.

I apologize I did indeed get confused and thus allow me to counter both your point and my previous case with a better explanation of why the big bang can't support theistic beliefs.

According to my knowledge a major key principle of athiestic belief, correct me if I'm wrong, is that everything can be explained rational without the existence of a higher deity or higher power.

So first of all I'd like to explain the big bang; essentially all matter that ever existed at the start was in a ball so dense that it was compacted to the size of essentially 1/100th of a period. Now you see most religions believe that god exists on a different plane of existence, essentially that he lies in another world; basically heaven or an "Afterlife". So you see at the instant that all matter existed in this ball and was enacted by the big bang, it's impossible to say that another plane could have feasibly existed that god could have lived in to activate the big bang because all manner was in this tight ball. After the big bang the universe was created and all matter lies within the universe. Thus their can be no foreign matter in essentially "Another'" universe because all matter exists only in our universe.

Now then another major thing I will point out is that we know about all events "after" the Big bang; we know the nuclear chemistry that occurred resulting in the creation of all other elements. So you see many religions preach that god "Created" man, or at man was derived from god. However, at the instant that humans didn't exist during the Big bang; in fact not even Earth existed, and since we can rationally explain the creation of all other elements that led to the creation of the elements because of nuclear chemistry (their is currently a super-collider in Europe that can recreate 10 seconds after the big-bang) it can't be said that god created man because essentially science created man; thus a rational reason. Further more scientists have been able in labs to create "new" elements that were previously unknown; at the instant that science can create new matter it can be proven that god is not the only way matter an be created.

Although as of now we don't have the technology to understand similar conditions to the big bang by looking at black holes their are a few mysteries. However, as shown above almost all of god's beliefs can be explained in a rational manner and their is always the potential that science will provide an answer in the future as to how the big-bang started. Remember we can create matter and we know how humans were created from simple hydrogen atoms that reacted in super-novas because of the immense heat.

Now the only argument left is that maybe god was in this tight ball of matter. However, I simply believe this is impossible. We glorify god as this higher being; a being of immense power and authority. Further more is domain is in an alternate plane; a.k.a heaven. At the instance that god was not present in our universe he could not have created the big bang; further more at the instance that all matter exists only in our universe their could not be any other presence. Further more everything right after the big bang can be rationally explained so the idea that one day we will be able to explore black holes and come up with a Law of The Big Bang is quite clearly possible. Thus athiestic beliefs can be affirmed because their is a rational explanation to all mysteries and simply put god's teachings do not agree with the Big Bang; for you would also have to agree with the Theory of Evolution which many religions do not accept. Remember humans did not originally exist when the Big Bang happened. Thus their is no proof that the Big Bang Theory could support theistic beliefs.

I apologize for the confusion I had earlier and I hope this clarifies everything; as for voters I believe I have managed to refute all my arguments in a way that affirms athiestic beliefs and thus you may base your vote on this case. I will now hand over the debate to the Pro.

EHS_Debate forfeited this round.

Despite my own mistake in the first round; I have successfully addressed all my arguments so that you may vote on my R2. My opponent has never responded in this debate by refuting my arguments and thus the resolution is negated. Look at my Round 2 case and you will find that it both counters any possible idea that god could have created the universe by utilizing the big bang. All possible scenarios of god doing this have been properly explained as impossibilities in the 2d round.

Vote Con, because my opponent has not done anything to present a case for his side other than utilizing my own mistake that I have already addressed fully. He has not refuted my Round 2 argument that proves the Con true and thus he has lost this debate.
Thus a strong Con vote is advised and justified on the resolution: The Big Bang Theory Can Also Support Theist Beliefs.

Thank you voters for your time in reading this unfortunately brief debate and I hope that in the future my opponent will not drop the entire case of his opponents by forfeiting.

"A dropped argument is like a dropped egg, you can't pick it up".
Posted by Puck 6 years ago
"According to my knowledge a major key principle of athiestic belief, correct me if I'm wrong, is that everything can be explained rational without the existence of a higher deity or higher power."

There is no "atheistic belief" outside of the definition of atheism. What an atheist believes =/= atheistic.
Vote Placed by bambiii 6 years ago
Vote Placed by bonnieluvs 6 years ago
Vote Placed by Sky_ace25 6 years ago