bestrfcplayer
nleachman

The Big Bang is a valid science.

bestrfcplayer

Pro

I shall like to polish my debating skills by starting this debate with anyone who holds a different option from myself. I say that the Big Bang is a valid science, and I am saying this as an observer of the inverse, as well as a Christian. Now, let's bowfin with just the evidence that I have observed: the universe is expanding and has always been expanding since the beginning of time. Now, even if you do believe that the universe is 6,000 years old, you can not refute the evidence that the universe is expanding. We can see this proof in that the amount of time that the light from the stars that we can see came to us. If a star is 7 billion light years away, then that said star is 7 billion years old.

Now, as a Christian, I will examine this with evidence from Scripture as well. Now, I'm not saying that the Bible was intended to be used as a science book (I believe that the Bible was used for people who choose the path of Christ to live by a certain life style), but nonetheless I will use it any way. In Gen 1:1-2 it states that God said let there be light. This light could easily refer to the Big Bang. Now who ever is the con must realize that those people who wrote Genesis did not have a great understanding of the universe as we do today. If the Old Testament was written now, then the creation story in Genesis would be must different.
nleachman

Con

The Big Bang is just a theory of how the Universe is created. Many theories exist. God is a theory, although I doubt the universe was created 6,000 years ago. There is a lot of scientific evidence to prove how long ago the Universe is created, but the Bing Bang is not in relation to that whatsoever. The big bang is how the universe created. How all the matter, energy, and everything in between, was created. I wouldn't believe the Big Bang Theory for multiple reasons. Laws, unlike theories, are scientific statements proven to be true. Now, if that is the case, then how come in the Law of Conservation of Mass, says and I quote "Matter can't be created or destroyed". - Which is only disproven when in relation to Special Relativity, and Quantum Mechanichs. Which in honesty, neither of those really come into play here.
bestrfcplayer

Pro

bestrfcplayer forfeited this round.
nleachman

Con

You go on round 3, don't forfiet.
bestrfcplayer

Pro

bestrfcplayer forfeited this round.
nleachman

Con

nleachman forfeited this round.
Posted by Dishoungh 2 years ago
Dishoungh
The Big Bang does seem like a promising theory, but just because it's promising doesn't mean it's 100% accurate. I still call it a theory because I'm not going to assume how we came about in the universe when we weren't even there in the first place.
Posted by Jonbonbon 2 years ago
Jonbonbon
I just wish pro used English....